Sunday, March 27

Across The Veil


Across The Veil
Lisa Kessler

Publication Date: March 14, 2011


From Goodreads:
Princess Talia from Summerland has been hiding across the veil in the human world for the past five years.

Starring in a hit television show as human actress, Natalie Thurmont, her charmed new life is shattered when the past comes knocking on her door.

"Across the Veil" won Romance in the Backseat book review's Paranormal Fight Club short story contest.

I really enjoyed this book. It is a very short story, about 25 pages, but it was really good.
It follows Talia, a Fey princess from summerland, who escaped across the veil from her life and being betrothes to her lover's brother who loves inflicting pain on others. As her past catches up with her shw has to choose between the life she has grown to love in the human world or going back to save the love of her life.

With this book being so short i didn't expect myself to become as involved with the characters as much as i did. I was gasping and praying that things worked out okay for them.
A very short story that i will read again and again.

Photobucket
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Blog is looking great Kay x Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review Kayleigh...

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the story!!!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good short story Kayleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, no problem i really loved it but only gave it 4 stars coz of it being short coz i love longer novels better than short stories and would've loved finding out more about the characters that i fell in love with from the first cpl of pages :)

    Lesley, it was really great, u shud read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just signed a 4 book deal for my Night Walker series so hopefully I'll have a longer novel for you later this year! :)

    It's different characters, but hopefully you'll love them too! :)

    Thanks again!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know when it's gonna come out and i'll make sure i'll find some time to read them :)
    i love your writing style it got me completely hooked right away :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kayleigh! :) I think my novel, Night Walker, will be released August 22nd...

    I'll definitely keep you posted!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lisa, cnt wait to read it :D

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment