Monday, June 13

Blog Tour: The Ocean

This is the first stop on Mia Castile's blog tour for her beautiful book The Ocean. I am really honoured to be a part of this blog tour and I absolutely loved this book.


The Ocean
Mia Castile

Published By: Entwined Publishing
Publication Date: April 2011
Date Read: June 10, 2011
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: For Review
Format: E-Book

From Goodreads:
Gianna and Alex have just buried their mother. Now they have to move back to St. Petersburg, Florida to live with their recovering alcoholic father. All the new changes, however, may be more than Gia can bear. While Alex turns to football and flirting with girls, she holds her emotions inside. Together they make sense of their new lives as Gianna finds herself falling for Travis. Travis is not without his own issues. Between his insecurities and other people meddling in his life, he finds strength in Gianna. He vows to be there for her doing everything he can to make it happen. The Ocean is a story of loss, redemption, and finding happiness in the middle of it all.


I had head great things about this book from a friend who read it a couple of months ago and couldn't wait to read it. It is not the type of book I usually read but I genuinely loved every moment of the book. When you are a hopeless romantic like me, then you will enjoy every second of this book because it is one of the best love stories I have read.

Gianna, nicknamed Gia, has to move from the comfort she has grown used to back to a small town with her father whom she wants nothing to do with after her mother died from Cancer. All her and her brother Alex wants to do is grieve their mother get through high school and move away from their father whom neither can stand. But Gia doesn't count on meeting the guy of her dreams in her small childhood town.
Travis discovered not to long ago the ugly side of his girlfriend Jill and broke things off. Then he meets Gia, his friend Alex's sister, and is instantly drawn to her and knows he has to know her. As Travis helps Gia through the loss of her mother, he falls in love with her and she with him, but no one counts on Jill trying to force them apart.

I loved every moment of this book. I fell head over heels for Travis, he is just the perfect guy who every girl wants to date. I instantly hated Jill, whenever she was near Travis and Gia I wanted to scream at my kindle NOOO get away. I was so drawn into the story and it was so heartfelt and emotional, i found myself in tears at many points in the book. It was such a great story of loss and how people deal with it differently. It really touched me and I loved every second of it. It was a short story and when I finished it I found myself just wanting to read it again. Yes, just so I could read all the Travis scenes again.
I really hope there's another book with these characters as I loved them so much I really want to know what happens next. This is definitely a book I would read again and again.




Interview with Mia Castile




Hi Mia, thanks for agreeing to the interview. Before I read 'The Ocean' I had heard amazing things from a friend and already had it on my kindle so I was so excited to be part of the blog tour and have an excuse to bump it up on my to-read list.

Thank you for being part of this tour, too. I'm so happy to be here today.


First of all tell us where did the idea for 'The Ocean' come from. Were you inspired by anyone?

The ocean began where I was a teenager, I wanted to tell a story of a girl who overcame the death of her mother, and found love.


A lot of authors write from experience and put it into their fiction did you use your own experience and knowledge while writing 'The Ocean'?

Yeah there were a few things I took from my own life that I wrote, I was an awful waitress and actually spilt eight drinks on a table, I've definitely fallen down and embarrassed myself in front of a cute boy.


The book deals with a lot of different emotions but mainly loss and how people deal with it differently. Was writing about Gia and Alex's loss a way to help you through a loss you might have had?

There are many different kinds of loss. I took my own personal experiences and magnified them.


I'm a huge fan of the book. It actually took my breathe away and reduced me to tears so many times. It's such a great love story and I'm such a hopeless romantic so as soon as Travis was mentioned I was completely sold.
Had you always wanted to write a love story or did it just sort of develop with the other theme of dealing with loss?

I very much enjoy a good love story. The Ocean was also always a love story, as well as a story of redemption. There's something magical about a first real true love. I wanted to recapture that feeling.


Travis, I can't say that name without sighing dreamily anymore. He is the perfect guy. I think I love him so much because he's a perfect guy nut not too perfect to be unbelievable. Did you plan his character like that so all the readers would fall in love with him?

I fell in love with Travis as I wrote him. I wanted a strong character, a stand-up guy, who fought for what he believed in.


Were any of your characters inspired by people you know?

Abby was a combination of my best friends, and Alex and Gianna's relationship is similar to my sister and me. We are very close and I drew off of that trying to establish the characters closeness. Little Hailey came from mannerisms and qualities of my own daughter.


And finally, will there be another book with these characters?

I'm playing with the idea of a companion to The Ocean. I don't know if I would want to put Travis and Gianna through any more turmoil, I feel like they deserve to be happy, but they would be supporting characters.


So, when can we expect it?

Currently I have three works in progress, so that might not be for a while. But I am definitely open to the possibility.


Thank you so much Mia and good luck with the rest of the book tour.




Each blogger on this tour will provide part of a code and at the end of the tour the first person to comment the whole code phrase will win something.
This is the first stop and my part of the code phrase is.....
"My Intentions"

Thanks for stopping by on the blog tour for the amazing novel 'The Ocean', if you haven't read the book, go do so, it's definitely worth it and don't forget to visit the other stops....

13th - Here at K-Books
14th - Phanee @ Funny Wool
15th - Emma @ BelleBooks
16th - Lesley @ My Keeper Shelf
17th - End of tour with Mia @ Mia Castile



9 comments:

  1. Awesome interview Kayleigh!!
    So excited for the rest of this tour!!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! :)
    Good luck Mia!! I am sooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered this off Amazon :) Thanks for the review - Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab interview Kayleigh. I'm reading it right now and I agree Travis is completely swoon worthy. It's a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks guys
    Lesley, he's the perfect guy :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely interview Kayleigh! Haven't read the book yet (though I hope to get my hands on a copy soon), but I am really excited about it!

    Plus, you're making me want to find out what Travis is like, asap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayleigh Thank you for sharing my book, and being a part of this blog tour. You are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mia I loved your book and was so happy to be a part of the tour :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment