Sunday, June 19

Review: Storm Born Graphic Novel #1


Storm Born Graphic Novel Issue 1 
Richelle Mead

Publication Date: May 25, 2011

Date Read: June 19, 2011

Richelle Mead's Dark Swan (Storm Born) Graphic Novel will be out on the bookshelves in September of this year. For those interested in getting the comic issues, the first issue will be out on May 18th. 

Description: 
Eugenie Markham never asked for any of this. Until now, she’s been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing Otherworldly creatures. 
When a prophecy suddenly makes her the Otherworld’s most popular bachelorette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off unwanted supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that begin emerging from her past…

First of all I just want to say a big thank you to Sea Lion Books for sending me a review copy of this issue.

I am so excited to be reviewing this. I am such a huge fan of Richelle Mead and Storm Born is one of my favourite books by her, I absolutely loved every moment of it. I have personally never tried reading a graphic novel before but thought where better to start than with one adapter from one of my favourite books.
This definitely didn't disappoint. I loved it. I didn't really know what I would think of a graphic novel and even though I have read the book and know everything that happens it still sucked me in and had me hooked from the very beginning. I think the illustrations are absolutely amazing and of course it brings the best story to life. I loved seeing what the characters looked like and seeing the story in a different way from the novel.
The graphic novel just made me love the story even more and made me want to go and read the book again.
I can't wait for the next instalment in the graphic novel.
Absolutely amazing.


2 comments:

  1. Ok. Dumb question. What book is this based off?

    Sea Lion books emailed me asking if I would review it too an I'm trying to decide if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'ss off Storm Born by Richelle Mead =)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment