Sunday, July 31

Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel #4)


Evercrossed
Elizabeth Chandler

Publication Date: March 31, 2011
Date Started: July 31, 2011
Date Finished: ///
Format: Paperback
Pages: 288



From Goodreads:
Ivy and Tristan have both moved on ~ Tristan, to the other side of the afterlife, and Ivy has moved on with sweet, dependable Will. But when an accident seriously injures Ivy, almost to the point of near death, she meets her soulmate Tristan again. And at the place of the "in between", their bittersweet reunion culminates in one breathtaking kiss. But unbeknownst to both Ivy and Tristan, it was that one heart stopping kiss that brought Ivy back to life ~ and angels are prohibited from meddling in matters of life and death. Now fallen from heaven for saving the girl he loves, Tristan is in the body of a stranger, and he must find his way to Ivy once more...

I don't know if it is actually fair for me to write a review on this book as I didn't even finish it but I still wanted to write my thoughts on it.
I was so excited to read this book. I absolutely adored the beginning of this series and was really looking forward to another book about Ivy, Tristan and Will.

However,
I hated it! I know hate is a strong word and I've never said I hate a book before in my life, if I didn't like it I've always said it's not my thing but then again I have never ever not finished a book. But I actually cannot bare to read any more.

I think the beginning of the series was amazing, it was beautiful and heartfelt and I loved Ivy and Tristan and was heartbroken when he died. The end of book 3 in this series was to show the readers that after death those who were left behind life goes on and they have to get closure. I adored that ending. I loved it. Tristan moved on to the afterlife and Ivy was falling in love with Will. To me that was perfect. Will is the sweetest guy ever and I honestly think that they belonged together. I didn't feel like a fourth book was necessary.
There was a perfect ending that any reader would be happy with and then Evercrossed was wrote. I think it's completely unnecessary and that it has been wrote for the sake of making more money on a popular storyline rather than writing it because the characters or plot needs it.
I can't finish this book because if I do I can honestly see me having a lower opinion of the original story and I loved them so much.

To me the end of this series was with book 3 and I will not be reading any more kissed by an angel books, my perfect ending already happened and I won't suffer through something that will not add to the storyline in any way.

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment