Sunday, July 31

Review: Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel #1, 2, 3)

Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel #1, 2, 3)
Elizabeth Chandler

Published By: Macmillan
Publication Date: August 7, 2009
Date Finished: January 14, 2010
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 640
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6395291-kissed-by-an-angel-the-power-of-love-soulmates

From Goodreads:
IF THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE DIED, WHAT WOULD YOU MISS THE MOST? 

HIS VOICE? 
HIS TOUCH? 
HIS HEART BEATING AGAINST YOURS? 

When Ivy's boyfriend Tristan dies, she's desolate without him, until she discovers Tristan hasn't abandoned her - he's her guardian angel, watching over her, close enough to hear, to see, to touch... 

But Ivy's life is in danger. If Tristan rescues her, his mission on earth will be over and he'll have to leave her behind. 
Will Ivy lose Tristan forever?

I read this book over a year ago, so this review will probably be quite short.
This edition has book 1, 2 and 3 of the Kissed by an Angel series in. I am starting book 4 today so thought I would write a quick review of my thought on the first 3 books in the series. I am going to count all 3 as 1 book though because that's how it felt when I was reading it.

Ivy is devastates when her boyfriend Tristan, the love of her life suddenly dies. She doesn't know how to cope without him. She has always believed that angels watched over everyone but now she's not so sure. If angels watched over everyone why would they take Tristan away from her?
Tristan is sent back to earth as Ivy's guardian angel. She is grave danger and she has no idea how close the threat to her life actually is. As she tries to live her life unaware of the danger she is in Tristan must try to save her. But if he does he'll be sent back, is he ready to let her go?

I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was such a great love story. At the beginning when Tristan dies I wasn't sad or anything as I expected it. I didn't know the character that well so I couldn't get emotional about it. What I didn't count on was the author going back and re-telling the story of how he and Ivy met, how they fell in love and how perfect their relationship was. I knew exactly what was going to happen and I really didn't want it to happen and ended up sobbing like a baby.
I started to love Will. He is such a sweet character and all he wanted was to help Ivy through Tristan's death and was always there for her.
I was completely shocked to find out who the threat was. I did not see that coming at all. Usually in book I can guess what's going to happen but I was completely shocked and it took me completely by surprise.
Elizabeth Chandler did a great job sucking you into the story and I became so attached to the characters. It's a great love story and I honestly think that the story should stop here. It's a great ending and I was so happy with it.
However I can't wait to read book 4 and am really looking forward to seeing what's going to happen next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment