Monday, August 22

Abandon (Abandon Trilogy #1)

Abandon (Abandon Trilogy #1)
Meg Cabot

Publication Date: September 2, 2011
Date Started: August 22, 2011
Date Finished: August 22, 2011
Source: ARC
Format: Paperback
Pages: 304

From Goodreads:
Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone . . . because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.

Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away... especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.

But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld.

As soon as I heard of this book I really wanted to read it. I really like Meg Cabot's mediator series and really enjoy her stories and writing style. Before reading this I heard that it has a mythology twist, I was so excited about this because I really love mythology and have always enjoyed novels that have mythology aspects in them. I was not disappointed with this as all. I thought it was amazing. I was completely hooked right from the beginning.

Pierce has met John twice, both under unusual circumstances. First at her grandfather's funeral and again when she died and ended up in the Underworld.
John is a death deity, one who overlooks one of the Underworlds. When he meets Pierce he instantly falls for her and wants her as his partner, just like Hades wanted Persephone. Pierce runs and somehow finds herself back in the real world alive. Then she meets John again and can't resist her feelings towards him. Enter the furies, beings who will stop at nothing to make John miserable forever, even if it means killing Pierce.

I really enjoyed this book, the story was amazing and I loved every moment of it. My favourite Greek God was Hades and to find another novel that is related to that myth is great for me. I loved how this didn't centre exactly around Hades as other books I have read namely The Goddess Test. I think if a lot of books started to centre completely on that particular myth then it would be very easy to get bored with it so I really loved how it was loosely about the Hades myth but not directly. John wasn't Hades but he was one of many around the world who does his job. I think this was a great new twist on that and I loved it.

The book had me completely hooked from the first chapter. By page 2 I couldn't wait to find out what happened. I was left on the edge of my seat dying to know how everything was going to play out and what would happen. Throughout the beginning of the book a lot of questions are arised and I couldn't wait to find out the answers to the questions. I really liked that all of those were answered in this book instead of leaving us in suspense and having to wait for book 2 in the series before finding answers for early questions arised. I loved the ending of the book, I really loved that there was closure for the beginning of Pierce and John's story where you really can't wait to find out what is next for them but where you are also happy with the ending as it closes the first part of the story ready for questions to arise in book 2.
Really loved the book and can't wait to read the second one.

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment