Monday, August 1

Fins are Forever (Fins #2)

Fins are Forever
Tera Lynn Childs

Publication Date: June 28, 2011
Date Started: July 30, 2011
Date Finished: July 31, 2011
Format: e-book

 From Goodreads: 
On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all.
Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody?
The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?
Tera Lynn Childs’s sequel to Forgive My Fins offers another tail-flicking romance with plenty of fun, sun, and underwater adventure.

I was really looking forward to reading this book. I really enjoyed the first Fins book and couldn't wait to read more of Lily and Quince's story.

Lily chose Quince at the end of Forgive my Fins, which meant she had chosen to give up her royal heritage and remain on land with him. However as her 18th birthday gets closer she questions whether she has chosen the correct thing. Yes she loves Quince more than anyone, she doesn't doubt that but is giving up her right to rule the correct thing to do.
Should she choose her duty or follow her heart?

I honestly think I liked the first book better than this on but I don't think it lacks in any way. They are both incredible books with amazing characters. I fell in love with Quince even more. I just love him. He's one of the characters that you fall in love with and pray that they are real.
I love Lily, she's amazing and I loved her journey throughout this book. I love that the audience feels everything that she does, her love for Quince, her doubt about her choice and her duty to her kingdom. Readers are left waiting with bated breath to find out what she is going to do and which she will chose.
I really enjoyed everything in this book.
Apart for Dorsinia. I really didn't like her in the first book and I didn't like her in this book either. I do like the journey she went through and how she developed a lot in this book. I didn't like her as first but I felt she changed so much throughout the book that you really can't help but like her in the end. I think I may have preferred the first book because it was Lily and Quince's love story whereas to me this felt more like Doe and Brody's love story with Lily's story mainly focussing on her choice and her future.

Still an amazing book and I really hope that Tera Lynn Childs decided to write some more books in this series. I really like these books and I really want to know what happens next.

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment