Tuesday, August 2

Night Walker (The Night Series #1)

Night Walker
Lisa Kessler

Publication Date: August 2, 2011
Date Started: August 1, 2011
Date Finished: August 2, 2011
Format:  e-book



From Goodreads:
He gave up his soul for a second chance to love her...

Two and a half centuries ago, Calisto Terana lost everything when a zealous priest murdered the woman he loved. Now, desperate for another chance to love her, he wants redemption for the mistake that cost her life.

She’s haunted by dreams of her own death...

After catching her fiance with another woman, Kate Bradley returns to San Diego to clear her head. The last thing she needs is romance, but after meeting Calisto she's drawn to him in ways she doesn't understand.

They’ve waited in the shadows for centuries...

Calisto has no doubt Kate is the reincarnation of his lost love, but the Fraternidad Del Fuego Santo has a new watcher with dark ambitions of his own. As old enemies reemerge and a new threat arises, the betrayal that enslaved Calisto to the night might destroy the only woman he’s ever loved again.

After reading Lisa's short story Across the Veil a while ago when she told me about Night Walker I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and start reading it. I knew it was going to be amazing because she is such a great author and in no way was I disappointed. I loved everything about it. It's definitely my kind of book and I honestly can't say a bad thing about it.

I was actually quite surprised that I liked it as much as I did as it is written in the third person. Usually when reading books wrote in the third person I can't get into them as much as I can with first person narratives. I sometimes feel that it's not as personal and you can't get into the story as much. I am pleased to say this was not the case with Night Walker at all. I was so drawn into the story straight away.

Calisto has lived as a Night Walker for centuries waiting until his one true love gets reborn.
When he meets Kate he instantly knows his love has come back and it overjoyed at the thought of them being together once more. But enemies that have stalked him for centuries are sworn to keep them apart. Will the succeed or will love conquer all?

I love Calisto, I instantly fell in love with him and so many bad things had happened to him I just wanted to jump right into the book and hug him and tell him everything would work out. I had so much heartache for him and all I wanted was for him and Kate to get together so everything would work out for them. At time I wanted to break down into tears for him, I was so heartbroken for him. This usualy never happens with me. I cry and get emotional at books all the time but usually it's for the female character not the male character and I was really surprised at how much I felt throughout the book but not to sympathise with the female but with the male.
I loved seeing most of the story through him. You got to see his feelings and you felt them along with him. I loved how in the book we got flashbacks and got to see him and Tala. When Tala was killed my heart broke for him and more than anything I needed things to work out between him and Kate. I felt everything through him, his heart break over Tala's death, his hope for his and Kate's love and his fear that she would be taken away from him again.

I loved everything about this book, it's such an amazing love story and I could never say a bad word about it.
Lisa has proven herself as an amazing author once again and I can't wait to read the rest of this series. She is one of my favourite authors and I will read anything she writes. I don't even need to know what the story is about as long as it says Lisa Kessler on it I will always read it.

Congratulations to Lisa on release day! That's right the book is out today, so what are you waiting for? Go buy it! Go download it on Kindle or Nook or get the paperback but this is not a book you want to miss.

Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful review Kayleigh!!!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed Night Walker!!!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. =)
    Thanks for writing such an awesome book. I can'r=t wait for book 2 =)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment