Monday, October 24

Review: Last Breath (Morganville Vampires #11)

Last Breath (Morganville Vampires #11)
Rachel Caine

Published By: Allison and Busby
Publication Date: November 21, 2011
Date Read: October 24, 2011
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Review copy from Publishers
Format: Paperback
Pages: 447
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11072286-last-breath

From Goodreads:
There is a question Claire has long been asking: why do vampires live so far out in a sunny desert when they're sensitive to sunlight? The reason doesn't have to do with sunlight but water - and an ancient enemy who has finally found a way to invade the vampires' landlocked community. Vampires aren't the top predator on earth. There's something worse that preys on them ...something much worse. Which means if Claire, and Morganville, want to live, they will have to fight on to the last breath.

I was so excited to receive this for review from Allison & Busby Publishers and I just had to start to straight away. Morganville Vampires is without a doubt my favourite vampire series ever. I am always torn between this series and Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series but after reading Last Breath this is definitely the best vampire series I have ever read. The writing style is amazing and the storyline is shocking and beautiful all at the same time. This is the only series that has captured my attention through so many books and still has me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next book 11 books down the line.

Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael have come to terms with a lot of weird things in Morganville. It being ran by vampires and having to work with them in order to survive. But one thing Claire doesn't know and can't stop thinking about it why vampires would settle in a town in the middle of the desert in a very hot, sunny location when they have major sunlight sensitivity. What Claire doesn't count on is finding out this little bit of information may put hers and her friends lives in danger because little did they know they are bang in the middle of a war; one that has been a long time coming; and one that has finally caught up with them and the Morganville Vampires.

The only think that came to mind when I had first finished Last Breath was OMG I cannot possibly wait until May for the next book in the series. After having a break and coming to terms with all the things that happened I can honestly say that for me Last Breath is 100% without a doubt my favourite book of the series so far. I think it was the best one and I couldn't put it down. I know, I know I say this with every book in this series that I read but that's how I feel. That they just get better and better with each book. This series is like a drug to me, I am so addicted I can't put it down and then when I'm finished it's torture waiting for the next book because I need my Morganville fix straight away. There is not one boring moment in this book, everything is fast paced and I cannot wait for book 12.

Last Breath is definitely the most emotional book of the series so far. Rachel Caine successfully turned me into a blubbering baby as I just could not stop crying through a number of chapters. I could not believe the storyline and the twist and I was crying to hard I had to stop reading for a little while I calmed myself down. My mind was a mess and I was thinking why would Rachel do this to the characters and the readers? I can't believe that happened. But I kept reading and the ending was explosive, amazing and phenomenal.
I am super excited that there will be 15 books in total in this series and I am not quite ready to let this phenomenal series go. I have complete faith in Rachel that the ending will be phenomenal and I cannot wait to see how the series ends but I will 100% enjoy every step on the way before we get there. This is a series I will re-read again and again and no matter how many books I have to-read I just want to re-read them.

A phenomenal chapter in the Morganville Vampires and definitely the best. I can't wait to see what will happen next.



2 comments:

  1. Glad u loved it! I still need to get my copy of Bite Club and Last Breath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Review and i couldnt agree more, this book is the best so far and if shes still going strong on book 11 the next 4 books should be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment