Thursday, October 27

Review: Obsidian (Lux #1)

Obsidian (Lux #1)
Jennifer L. Armentrout

Published By: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: December 6, 2011
Date Read: October 27, 2011
Genre: YA - Science Fiction
Source: Review Copy from Publishers
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12578077-obsidian

From Goodreads:
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

When I recieved this book for review, I squeeled, I mean I actually squeeled and jumped up and down with excitement a little. I was so excited. I took part in the cover and blurb reveal and ever since then I had been dying to read this book. I was not disappointed at all and I loved every moment of it. Most bloggers find it really difficult to write bad reviews, I am the opposite, I find good reviews difficult, I know, I know I have wrote like a gazillion good reviews but I never feel like anything I say will do the book justice and this is definitely how I feel about Obsidian. Nothing I ever say can possibly explain how amazing this book is and how I felt while reading it.

Katy and her Mom move to a small town and Katy is sure it will be very boring. Boy is she wrong. Little does she know her new best friend, Dee and her gorgeous but arrogant twin brother Daemon are aliens. Soon enough she is thrown into a world she never knew existed and she does her best to protect the two people next door she has grown to love. But can she protect her heart from the arrogant, always-an-ass to her, bad boy next door?

I loved this book. Actually loved every second of it. I couldn't put it down and every time I had something else to do I found myself thinking, do I really have to or can I just keep reading? I devoured the book within 2 days and then was so very sad that I had no more of Daemon and Katy to read about.
I think a lot of my friends would be with me when I say I could associate to Katy so much. She is a book blogger, and I definitely share her love of books (obviously) and I just loved it when I saw my favourite bookish memes in the book. I loved that when Katy found out the secret about Dee and Daemon she actually had a reaction that you or me would have. Not enough characters in books have realistic reactions when they find something paranormal and I was so happy to find a book where the character did. I love how strong she is and how she never gave up. When she was given the chance to run away from it she fought back. I think she's a great lead female character and anyone can associate with her.

Daemon, oh what to say about Daemon. I am in love with him. He is officially my new favourite book boyfriend. Ever since he opened the door shirtless with those piercing green eyes I was in love. Yes he's an ass pretty much all the time but no matter what snarky comments he made I still loved him. I loved seeing him and Katy together as it was just so funny and I was always in fits of laughter when they were together.

This book was just incredible and I am so happy I got the chance to review it. This was the first book by Jennifer I have read and I just fell in love with her writing-style and her characters. She is definitely now one of my favourite authors and I cannot wait to read her other books. I will definitely be buying the paperback of Obsidian when it comes out and I will re-read this book again and again. One of my favourite books of the year and now I am so sad that I have finished it. I am super excited to continue this series and I am really looking forward to seeing how Daemon and Katy's relationship continues.



5 comments:

  1. Kay, now this is among the best reviews I've read recently!! I mean, your excitement over this book is contagious.I can literally "feel" it through my laptop:)).Now, I want to read it too!!! Thanks for posting this great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your review..makes me wanna shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good read, thanks

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished this book and I am on the same boat as you. Loved it!! I can't wait til the second book comes out and also for me to get my hands on some of her other books! Any reviews on them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I first read it, I completely devoured it in 4 hours, no breaks and the proceeded to read it again... two times. I loved the characters and the story and the idea and Daemon even if he was completely arrogant (but how can you not, seriously?). However I had gotten the book from the library, and now reading this I want to go and raid my nearest bookstore and snatch up all the copies of Obsidian and Onyx to spread around to all those that read in my neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment