Saturday, December 10

Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2)

Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2)
Cassandra Clare

Publication Date: December 6, 2011
Date Read: December 10, 2011
Format: E-Book


From Goodreads:
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.




With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move and that one of their own has betrayed them.
Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will; the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.
*Warning: Has minor Clockwork Angel Spoilers

Wow! I don't even know where to start with this review. This book was without a doubt the most emotional book I have ever read. It was an emotional roller-coaster and through half of it I was so torn and didn't really know what to feel. I was a wreck through pretty much the whole book.

Tessa escaped from the clutches of the evil Mortmain at the end of Clockwork Angel but the danger is not over yet. The Shadowhunters must find Mortmain and discover what he is doing before it is too late and with the help of the beautiful but mysterious Will and the kind-hearted Jem, Tessa finds herself torn between the best friends and no matter what happens someone's heart is bound to be broken, including her own.

I can't even think about this book without wanting to burst into tears I am so heartbroken. This book is without a doubt my favourite book of the year because no book has ever made me react the way I did to this one. I was an emotional wreck throughout the whole book. One minute I wanted to jump up and down with joy and the next I wanted to throw my kindle at the wall so I couldn't read any more of the book that was causing me torture.
So much happened throughout this book that I don't even know what to write about is as I don't want to spoil anything. This book was so fast-paced and I was just coming to terms with one shock and a twist in the story when there was another that left me reeling.

My favourite character in this series is Will. I just love him and with each book I read in this series (yea I know there's only 2) my heart just breaks more and more for him. At the end of Clockwork Angel I was so torn, I loved Will so much but he was so mean to Tessa and I didn't really understand why. You learn so much about Will throughout this book and I just wanted to jump into the book to give him a hug.
As much as I love Will I also love Jem, just not as much. Jem is such a sweetie and he thinks about everyone else before himself and I feel so bad for him. This book is very much Jem's book. He is in it a lot more than Will, yes I wanted more Will but this didn't change the fact that this was such a phenomenal book.

This is the only book that I have read that caused me to have a nervous breakdown because that is exactly what happened. At one point in the book I actually threw my kindle across the table and couldn't pick it up for hours afterwards because I hated what was happening. I just started screaming and spent around half an hour in an outrage screaming NOOO WHY?????
After that the denial kicked in with me going, No I must have read it wrong.
After me being an emotional wreck and turning into a crazy woman screaming at my kindle I finally managed to finish the book and I am a lot more calm and optimistic about Clockwork Princess. I truly believe in Cassandra and believe it will all work out in the end.

This is 100% the best book Cassandra Clare has ever written and I love The Infernal Devices so much more than The Mortal Instruments. I am so excited for Clockwork Princess.
I think Cassandra Clare is just a genius for writing these books and as much as she likes to torture her readers she is phenomenal as not every author can get a reaction like that out of me.
Best book I have ever read!

Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I just finished this one too. I am SO upset over the way things turned out but I still love how brilliant this book is. Everything better go the way I want it to in Clockwork Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this book!!! I actually can't choose who I like better Jem or Will?!?! I hated Will at the end of CA and so I was all about Jem beginning this book. But the more I learned about everything Will had my heart again. But now I love Jem too! This is a love triangle done RIGHT! SO amazing! Infernal Devices is SO much better than Mortal Instruments (and that is saying something)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, You are so right It's so much better.
    Even after what Will said at the end of CA I still loved him so I was distraught with what happened and my heart hurts still
    TEAM WILL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so jealous I will have to wait until Christmas (hopefully) glad its great everyone seems to love this even more than the last one

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were like my exact thoughts of Clokwork Prince. I love Will even though he was a jerk and this one really explained why and I loved him more but this books made me love Jem more too. I'm so conflicted and heartbroken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jem I do but I was furious as to what happened. I am not conflicted at all I NEED Tessa and Will to be together. I like had a breakdown with what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this one so much too. Best by Cassie for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment