Friday, December 30

Top 10 2011 Books I Couldn't Wait For But Never Got To


I know I know, it's a weird post to do but I really wanted to.
There were so many books released in 2011 and there were so many I couldn't wait for and were must-reads for me. However there are so many books that I haven't read and even more that I want to read so badly but haven't. So I wanted to show you some of these books.
Here are the Top 10 books that were released in 2011 that I was very excited for and were on my Must-Read list but unfortunately never got round to reading them.
Hopefully I can read them sometime in early 2012.

10. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini


Starcrossed is a book I couldn't wait for when I first heard out it. It've very much mythological based and I absolutely adore books with mythology in them.
I am still really looking forward to reading this and I think it's going to be amazing. Book 2 Dreamless is coming out in 2012 so now is the perfect time to read Starcrossed.

9. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand!


In 2011 I found a love for Angel books, reading Hush Hush and Angel so I was really looking forward to reading Unearthly. Again I just got distracted by other books and never actually got around to reading it. I have the second book Hallowed from Netgalley for review so I will be reading Unearthly soon so I can read Hallowed.

8. Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep!


Touch of Frost is another mythology book that I couldn't wait to read. I have this and the prequel First Frost on my kindle. I haven't read anything by Jennifer Estep before but I do own the first book in her Elemental Assassin Series as well. I have heard mixed things about Touch of Frost but I still can't wait to read them. I hope to read this series and start the Elemental Assassin Series as well sometime in 2012.

7. Die For Me by Amy Plum!


I wanted to start Die For Me from the moment I saw that cover. Isn't it beautiful? I can't wait to read this book, I have heard great things about it thought I am still a little confused as to what genre this book is in. I thought it was a PNR or UF book but then I read a review saying it was a new-ish take on zombies. So does that mean it's dystopian? Most Zombie books are dystopian? If anyone's read it leave me a comment and let me know. Either way I'm really excited to read it. I love Zombie books!

6. Across the Universe by Beth Revis!


Across the Universe is a dystopian book set in space. 2011 saw me read my first eve dystopian book, The Hunger Games and it started an obsession. Dystopian is without a doubt my favourite genre of book right now and earlier this year I recieved Glow for review, another dystopian set in space and I loved it. After reading that I could not wait to read this book. I have heard great things and I cannot wait to read it.

5. Wildefire by Karsten Knight!


Wildefire is a book that the amazing Tee from Diary of a Book Addict sent me. It's not available in the UK yet, well I haven't seen it so she sent me it. I can't wait to read this. I meant to read it straight away as it's another mythology book and I love them but I just didn't have time to read it. I'm really looking forward to reading this and look at that cover, isn't it beautiful? I love how it's all like petals. I have high hopes for this book.

4. Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs!


This is another book Tee sent me. In 2011 I read Tera's Fins series, Forgive My Fins and Fins Are Forever and I loved them. I'm super excited to read another series by her as I adore her writing, Sweet Venom having mythology in it as well definitely adds to my excitement to read this.


3. Fury by Elizabeth Miles!


Fury is another mythology book I couldn't wait to read. I was gifted this book as a RAK and I was so excited to recieve it, especially this cover as it's just stunning. I'm very excited to read it and I'm really sad that I haven't managed to fit it in yet


2. Blood Red Road by Moira Young!


Blood Red Road is a book I bought when it first got released earlier this year. I bought it while my Dystopian buying-spree was going on where I just bought every dystopian book I could get my hands on and unfortunately it is still sat there on my shelf unread. I have set myself a dystopian challenge for 2012 to read all of the dystopian books I have sat unread on my shelf so hopefully that will get me reading this one.

1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver!


So here it is. My number one book I wish I had read this year. I only just recently got this book. It was one of my amazing Christmas presents from Tee. This is a dystopian I honestly could not wait for. It just sounds amazing. It's true I have heard mixed things about it, some people loved it some people didn't think it was that good but those negative things really don't lessen my excitement for this book. I think it sounds incredible and this will be one of the first books I read when I have caught up on my review books. I honestly can't wait to read this. I'm super excited!


So there you have it, my Top 10 books I wish I'd read in 2011. I was really looking forward to reading them, but just couldn't fit them in. 2011 was the year I started K-Books and started to get books for review. I recieved so many books for review that I found a lot of the books I had bought or been gifted I couldn't fit in because of review books. I am currently working my way through my review books now so that I can read these awesome books.

6 comments:

  1. I know the feeling! I also wanted to read but couldn't at least 5 books from your list. But I won't mind because this way I won't have to wait too much for the second books:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I haven't read any of these books either and about 8 of them I was excited for to this year! Hopefully you'll get to read them in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Across the Universe is more likea science fiction than dystopian, in my opinion ^^
    I remember thinking "I'll just see how it is" but I couldn't stop, so I ended up reading till 3 o'clock in the morning ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. an information that is very interesting to read, because it has a great reading the contents of all, it is important for our knowledge sanagt, thanks to share his article.
    cara alami menghilangkan benjolan di selangkangan
    cara alami mengatasi rhinitis
    obat kuku cantengan herbal
    cara alami menyembuhkan leukimia akut
    obat kaligata herbal
    obat batuk berdarah tradisional

    ReplyDelete
  5. messi awaludin1 June 2015 at 08:46

    I am very fond of this information thanks for sharing with us

    cara menyembuhkan penyumbatan usus

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is important for our very knowledge ,thanks to share his article
    http://goo.gl/Sa6NGR
    http://goo.gl/RW6tXD
    http://goo.gl/ErOpRw
    http://goo.gl/JCipqy
    http://goo.gl/BFWlJj
    http://goo.gl/KLikIq
    http://goo.gl/bUj7bS
    http://goo.gl/T1ifD5
    http://goo.gl/wWSp4K
    http://goo.gl/w0tsz8

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment