Thursday, December 29

Top 10 Breakthrough Authors of 2011


Today's Top 10 is celebrating indie and debut authors. This top 10 includes both Indie authors and Debut authors.
2011 was the year in which I invested in a kindle. Investing in an e-reader really opened my eyes in the book world. If it wasn't for my kindle I wouldn't have read so many of the amazing books I did this year. There are so many amazing authors out there that I wouldn't have come across without it.
There are some amazing authors that have become some of my all time favourites, some of which are Indie authors, some which are debut authors. This post is to celebrate some of the rising talent in the book world that surfaced this year.

10. M.R Merrick!


M.R Merrick, author of Exiled. 
I received Exile for review from the author and it was one of the first Indie books I read and it completely stuck in my head. It was so good. I loved the world that Matthew created and I love the characters. I am very excited for the second book Shift to be released so I can continue this great series. MR Merrick is one of the authors that I had never heard of before this year and I am now anticipating his next book. 

Check out my Review!


9. Lisa Kessler!


Lissa Kessler, author of Across the Veil and Night Walker.
Lissa Kessler is one of the authors who I have worked with throughout the year to help spread the word about her books. She is an amazing author. Early in the year I read her short story Across the Veil and fell in love with her writing style, the only thing I didn't like was how short the story was. Once she told me about her full-length novel coming out this year Night Walker, I couldn't wait to read it. I was not disappointed. It was amazing and I am so proud to me a member of her Street Team to help spread the word. I am super excited for Night Demon to be released in 2012. 
She is definitely a breakthrough author for me. I can't wait for her next book.

Check out my Reviews!


8. Cambria Hebert!

Cambria Hebert, author of Whiteout, Before and Masquerade.
I met Cambria on goodreads last year and we instantly got along with our shared love of books, fictional guys and Vampire Diaries. When I found out she had books coming out I couldn't wait to read them. I wasn't disappointed. Masquerade is such a fantastic book. It hooked me striaght away and I couldn't put it down. 
I haven't read Whiteout yet but I definitely plan to soon. After reading Before and Masquerade I can't wait to read something else that she wrote. She's a brilliant new author and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

Check out my Reviews!


7. Mia Castile!

Mia Castile, author of The Ocean and Generations Series.
Mia is an author I met through Emma @ Belle Books Blog. Emma was recruiting blogger for a blog tour from Mia's book The Ocean. Let's just sat I loved that book. It's such a fantastic story, a really great chic-lit book. When I heard Mia had a paranormal series coming out I couldn't wait to read it and I was lucky enough to receive and ARC for it. I'm sure she is trying to torture me with the ending of the first Generations book and I am very excited to read the next book. She is a brilliant author who I had never hear of before 2011 and I am so glad I took part in The Ocean blog tour and found a new great author to follow.

Check out my Reviews!


5. K.C Neal!

The last of my Indie authors and by far my favourite so far is the wonderful KC Neal. Author of Pyxis.
I love Pyxis. I was so excited to read it. From the moment I saw the cover I needed to read it and I wasn't disappointed. It's a fantastic story and I loved every moment of it. If there's a book you want to buy on your Kindle or Nook or whatever other e-reader you have you need to make sure it is Pyxis. 
I can't wait for the next book in the series and whatever she comes up with next. I love her writing style and I think she's an incredible new author.

Check Out My Review!


4. Veronica Roth!

Veronica Roth, author of Divergent, is one of the debut authors that just completely blew me away. Divergent is one of my favourite dystopian books and I read it in about 4 hours. I could not put it down and I am so excited for Insurgent in 2012.
Veronica's amazing narration sucked me in right from the start and made Divergent unputdownable for me. She is definitely a 2011 debut author to watch out for in the future.

Check Out My Review!


4. LA Weatherly!

LA Weatherly is another author I had never heard of before this year and she completely blew me away with her Angel Trilogy. I think the first Angel book came out in 2010 but I didn't read it until this year so to me she is an author I hadn't heard of before 2011. I love the Angel Series. I think it's incredible and it's my favourite Angel Series of all time. None of the other Angel Series quite compare to Angel and Angel Fire for me and I am super excited to read the final book next year. She's a great author and I love her writing and her characters. She definitely made me fall head over heels in love with Alex so I'm very excited to read the final book in this series and see what she comes up with next!

Check Out My Reviews!


3. Lauren DeStefano!

Lauren DeStefano is another author who debuted this year and I fell in love with her writing and her characters. Wither is such an incredible book and it was featured in my favourite series starters of 2011. I thought it was a great dystopian world that she had built and it's such an amazing original idea for a book and I loved it. Her writing skill is incredible and I loved the characters she built. I love all of them Gabriel, Rhine, yes even Linden. I can't wait to read Fever in February 2012.

Check Out My Review!


2. Tahereh Mafi!

Tahereh Mafi, author of Shatter Me.
Shatter Me is a book I read recently and it completely blew me away. I was very surprised by it. I sat down to read a chapter just to get a feel for the book and the next thing I knew I was 100 pages in. It completely hooked me and I couldn't put it down. It's a fantastic dystopian book and I can't wait to read on in this series.
Tahereh done a fantastic job writing this book, this book really touched me, at the start my heart hurt for Juliette and I just wanted to give her a hug and then she provided me with yet another book boyfriend. Adam, yummy. I just loved this book and I can't wait to read the next book. A fantastic debut author I absolutely love!

Check Out My Review! 


1. Jennifer L Armentrout!

Let me guess? Your not surprised right? If anyone knows me well and talk to me all the time this will not be a surprise at all as I cannot stop gushing about Jennifer. She brought me 2 of my all time favourite books, Obsidian and Half-Blood. She is one of my all time favourite..... No actually I take that back, as of right now she is my NUMBER 1 TOP! favourite author. I love her! I can't say anything bad, all I can do is gush about her books. They are absolutely fantastic. The first book I read by Jennifer was Obsidian and let me say it is my favourite book right now. It's amazing. If you haven't read it, what the hell are you waiting for? Go get it right now! Obsidian is a kind of obsession of mine. Not only is the cover the hottest damn cover I've ever seen but it has Daemon ::sigh:: I love him more than anything and I am so excited for Onyx and Pure and Diety and all of the other books she has coming out next year. I seriously don't even know what some of them are about, but you know what? I don't even care! Jennifer has wrote them and that's all I need to know, I know they will be amazing. She is definitely the number 1 breakthrough author of 2011. She has come so far and she has such an incredibly loyal fanbase. She has had a fantastic year with the release of Half-Blood and Obsidian which are fantastic and she has a incredibly busy year ahead of her and I know she will continue with her success and become even bigger an better in the coming years.

Check Out My Reviews!


Who are your breakthrough authors of 2011?
Is there anyone I missed out?

10 comments:

  1. Great post!! Loved your list of authors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much. I am so, so flattered to make the list and glad you enjoyed Obsidian and Half-Blood. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for all your support this year Kayleigh!!! :)

    I'm honored to make your Top 10 list!!!

    You made my day!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for including me in this. what an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list!
    I agree with your first two choices completely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list, I am adding them all to my tbr list.

    A couple of my favs from this year not listed here are...
    1. H.D. Gordon (of coarse you knew that! I am her super fan list you are to JLA)
    2. K.C. King
    3. Shannon Dermott
    4. Charlotte Abel
    5. Dave Ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  7. after reading the information turned out to be very interesting, continue continue gan
    good luck,always success awaited next posting steady proceed
    pengobatan tradisional kista ovarium
    obat radang amandel herbal
    pengobatan tradisional sipilis
    obat kuat pria ereksi tahan lama
    obat tbc paru

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also visit my blog post;
    http://goo.gl/DV8ll6
    http://goo.gl/BrtFql
    http://goo.gl/9io4CO
    http://goo.gl/P2ANWF
    http://goo.gl/oGluDp
    http://goo.gl/beIS7O
    http://goo.gl/rZPwQu
    http://goo.gl/Y6iuvC
    http://goo.gl/sUlvVY
    http://goo.gl/P1LxoG
    http://goo.gl/Fmg2aU
    http://goo.gl/OWb3z
    http://goo.gl/pyrst3
    http://goo.gl/WUg1Ij
    http://goo.gl/br71lA

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment