Wednesday, December 28

Top 10 Covers of 2011


Today I am going to show you my Top 10 Covers of 2011.
Covers are very important to me when deciding whether or not to buy a book. I know, I know, Never judge a book by its cover but come on, admit it. We all do it! The cover is what draws is to a book, it's what makes us pick it up in the store. If the cover is plain are you going to pick it up and see what the book is about or are you gonna walk past to another book? Be honest! You'll walk straight past it and never give it another thought.
This post will include book released in 2011 as well as covers that were revealed in 2011 but the book isn't out until 2012.
So here we go my Top 10 covers of 2011
Are you ready to be blinded by the insane beauty of them?
Are you sure?!?!?!
Okay!

10. Pyxis by KC Neal!


Well, from the first moment I saw this cover I instantly wanted to read it. I mean look at it it's beautiful. I love the colors and I love what she is holding, how it gave off light. Seeing it made me want to read this book so bad and I was so glad to receive it for review and let me say, the book did not disappoint. Not at all I absolutely loved it!
A beautiful cover for a beautiful book. I really need this in paperback. It's too pretty to be confined to my e-reader.

9. Soul Screamers Vol 1 by Rachel Vincent!


What can I say about this cover other than look at it? It's stunning. I really loved the first book in this series and even though I already owned the first 2 books when I saw this cover for the first omnibus I just had to have it. I love it, it's so beautiful. I love her white dress and how it starts turning into wisps of black smoke. It's just beautiful. I love the font of the title and I think it's just such a breathtakingly beautiful cover and I was so happy to recieve this book for Christmas I can't wait to re-read it now I have the beautiful omnibus edition!

8. Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan!


Wow! That was my first thought when I saw this cover. It's the UK cover of Glow, published by MacMillan and let me say they know how to sell books, look at that cover, it's so beautiful! I love it. I do love the US cover as well, they are very different. The US cover is very simple black but the UK one, I just adore it. I love the purple, I love the stars and I love how in the O there is an eclipse. It's a perfect cover that goes perfectly with the storyline. Another thing I love about this cover, which you can't see on this picture is that on the back of the book there is a picture similar to the front but of a guy which I love. The book is a split narrative, half from the girls pov and half from the guy's pov so I think this cover shows many aspects of the book perfectly. Plus it's purple my favourite colour!

7. Cursed by Jennifer L Armentrout!


When I first saw this cover I instantly thought OMG I need to have that on my shelf. I wanted to buy it and read it without even knowing what it is about. I saw this cover before I had even heard of Half-Blood or Obsidian by Jennifer and let me say, I still don't really know what this book is about but I can't wait to read it. I don't need to know what it's about. It had Jennifer's name on the bottom and that's all I need to read it. For an author who I had never heard of before this year she has made such an incredible impression on my that now every time I see a book by her I don't need to know what it's about I will buy it anyway because she is amazing and I know it will be incredibly awesome! This is definitely a book to look out for in 2012!

6. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare!


Clockwork Prince is amazing. I just had to say that first. Everyone must read it it's so good. Okay, now the cover. How awesome is that cover. I love it! It's beautiful! I love the colour I love the dark and then the glowing gold and I love how the covers for these books really show the era in which it is set. The building behind him is incredible and I love how it's all very magical and shadowy! A beautiful cover for a fabulous series! Love it!

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth!


The cover of Divergent just blew me away. It's so very eye-catching. I wanted to read it immediately when I saw the cover. I love how it fits in with it's dystopian genre. I love the city at the bottom and then the symbol at the top. What's more eye-catching than a symbol on fire? It's beautiful and I instantly wanted to know what the symbol was, what the book was about and I wanted to read it even more because it was dystopian. My dystopian obsession started in 2011 and Divergent was one of the best I read. A great book that everyone should read!

4. Wither by Lauren DeStefano!


Well this cover doesn't really need much explanation does it? It's just stunning. I love this cover, I actually love everything about it, the dress, the colour, the design. I love how it has circles about things that are important to the story and I love the cover for book 2 just as much. This is a great book and I can't wait to read book 2, released in February 2012. This series is definitely looking up to having very beautiful covers. I so want that dress. It's beautiful. I just love this cover and I can't stop gushing about it! Okay, okay I'll shut up now!

3. Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning!


Shadowfever, the fifth book of the incredible Fever series are only just getting published here in the UK and this is the upcoming cover of the UK edition of Shadowfever. I love it. I love how is matches all of the other covers of this series. I love the UK covers of this series, they are stunning. I love how there is smoke at the top and bottom of the picture and I think the picture is stunning. I love this series and I can't wait for this to be released in January 2012 so that I can have these beautiful covers on my shelf and I can't wait to re-read them.

2. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi!


I think this cover is just stunning. I love how simple it is with the white dress and then it's like there's things exploding around her showing power. It is so good for the story and shows the parts of the story amazingly. I love how there is the strikethrough writing on the cover that kind of shows you what to expect from the book. It's such a brilliant book and I love how the cover matched the story perfectly. A wonderfully beautiful cover for an amazing story. One of the best books published in 2011 and one of the most beautiful covers!

1. Onyx by Jennifer L Armentrout!


Here we go guys, my favourite cover reveal of the year is Onyx, the second book in the Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout. I freaking love the covers for this series. It's stunning, and I am so in love with that guy, how yummy. I love how he is exactly how I picture Daemon anyway so it's perfect. I love everything about it. I love the blue and I love the rock behind them which is perfect for the storyline of this series. Obsidian is one of my favourite 2011 books and I am so excited to read this book. I can't wait to read more and have this book sat next to Obsidian on my shelf. It's so stunning. I loved the cover for Obsidian but this surpasses it so much. I can't wait to see the cover for Book 3. If you haven't read Obsidian already, go get it now because it is just beautiful and amazing! Love Love Love this series and the covers are the best I've seen! Love them!

So there you go, the most beautiful covers revealed in 2011 for me.
What would you have chosen?



8 comments:

  1. WOO HOO I love all these book covers! They are all beautiful! But I want number one and please be nice and share Daemon with me *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the covers for Glow, the soul screamers bind-up and Shatter me!
    I can't decide if I want to do a top ten covers list, there's just to many to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha I found a way to post!!! On my iPhone!!! Finally!!!
    Now, I loved your last few posts! Lol I somehow knew Jennifer armentrout would win your list! Hahahaha I know how much you love these! I will now look into getting the first book to read it so I can keep up :) love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice information
    http://goo.gl/tBzqgJ
    http://goo.gl/Jl8Uu7
    http://goo.gl/TsXi0n
    http://goo.gl/Gfdzhv
    http://goo.gl/1ioLmb
    http://goo.gl/j3hIWW
    http://goo.gl/aq7NyB
    http://goo.gl/uN7E0j
    http://goo.gl/u8Iu9L
    http://goo.gl/rcAhq2
    http://goo.gl/z1PfZ1
    http://goo.gl/gxbO1v
    http://goo.gl/rDLSWX
    http://goo.gl/5ih3bG
    http://goo.gl/UIC3QP

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment