Saturday, December 31

Top 10 Favourite Books of 2011


So here we are, New Years Eve. The Last day of the year. This week I have shared with you my Top Book Boyfriends, New Series, Sequals, Covers, Breakthrough Authors and Books I never got to read. Finally we have arrived with my Top 10 Books of 2011. These are the books I enjoyed the most out of everything I read this year.
This was very difficult for me. I have read so many amazing books this year and I wanted to mention all of them but then this post would be really big as I read 123 books this year and to be honest, loved most of them.
Here are my Top 10.....

10. Wither by Lauren DeStefano!


Wither was also featured in my Top 10 New Series this week. I really enjoyed Wither. I think it's a fantastic start to a new series and I am so excited to read the next book in this series. It's a great original storyline and I loved every moment of it.
Some people have called this book depressing but I don't think it is. It's a dystopian novel and a lot of dystopian books have depressing aspects so I think it's really fitting for the genre. I really liked Wither and if you are in the UK it's currently 99p on Kindle. If you haven't read it you should really go get it. At that price it's amazing and definitely worth the read. I'm very excited for February so I can read Fever.

9. Angel Fire by LA Weatherly!


Angel Fire was also featured in my Top Sequels of 2011 and it's only fair that it made my Top 10 Books. I thought this book was phenomenal. I loved every moment of it. I recieved it for review from Usborne Publishing and I couldn't wait to read it. Though I did put it off for a while because of how thick it was but this book is 700+ pages of pure awesomeness. 100% better than the first book and at time I was screaming at the book going "What are you doing?!?!" Such a fantastic series, definitely the best Angel series I've read. I can't wait for the third and final book in the trilogy to be released in 2012 and see where it ends.

8. All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin!


Another book featured in my favourite new series, I was blown away by this book. It was phenomenal. I was sucked into this crazy world where Chocolate is illegal. I know right? WHAT?!?!?! and I just loved everything about this book. I had never read a Gabrielle Zevin book before and when I received it for review earlier this year (it's not out in the UK until March 2012) I couldn't wait to start it. I am definitely a fan of Gabrielle Zevin now and I adore this book. I can't wait for the second one to come out and I hope to read the rest of her books sometime. I can't wait to see what else she comes up with in those books.

7. Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning!


Fever was one of the series I started this year and loved it so much ended up reading all 5 books within a week. I loved it. Shadowfever is the one that made me Top 10 books as I think with Fever the first book is just okay and then they get better and better with each book. Shadowfever was definitely the best book in the series in my opinion. I loved it and I am looking forward to the spin-off with Danni. Though I don't actually like that character much I will still read the trilogy because at the end of them there is a promise of more Mac and Barrons books. Can't wait.

6. Divergent by Veronica Roth!


Divergent was another of the books I featured in my favourite new series post. I loved this book. It blew me away and I read it in one sitting. It's the book I have read the fastest. I read it in about 4 hours and I don't even know how I did that. I sat down to read a few chapters and the next thing I knew I was finished. It's amazing and I am so excited about Insurgent next year.

5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi!


Shatter Me was the book that definitely surprised me the most this year. It was amazing and I loved it. I couldn't put it down. It was a little like Divergent, not in the storyline but in the way I sat down to read the first chapter and couldn't put it down. Shatter Me is a fantastic story and I love how is mixes a dystopian world and society with paranormal aspects. It's pretty much a perfect book for me as it mixes my two favourite aspects of books, dystopia and paranormal. I cannot wait for the second book.

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins!


Really I am counting the whole Hunger Games Trilogy in this not just the first book. I am actually really surprised I only put it at number 4 because this is the first dystopia series, it is my favourite series right now. It started off my dystopia obsession and I really cannot wait for the movie in March. This is a fantastic series and everyone needs to read it if they haven't already. I'm going to do a buddy read before the movie is released and I can't wait to read them again.

3. Half-Blood by Jennifer L Armentrout!


I know, you expected it to be in here somewhere right? I really wanted Half-Blood to be at Number 2 because JLA is my new favourite author and she deserved Half-Blood to be closer to the top but then I remembered how I reacted to the book I've put at number 2 and had to change it. Half-Blood is amazing and I am proud to say I was a member of the #HalfBloodLegion for the Heroine Tourney voting for Alex. I know she lost yesterday but she has only been known for a few months so to get where she did was incredible and there's always next time. I love Half-Blood. I read it in a day I couldn't put it down and I seriously cannot wait for Pure. It's going to be epic!

2. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare!


Originally this was going to be number 1 but then I started re-reading book number 1 and it changed. I loved this book. The Infernal Devices is 100% better than The Mortal Instruments in my opinion. I love the time frame better, I love the characters better and the writing in CP is just so much better than in any of her other books. This book is so high on this list because of the way it made me react. It had me throwing my kindle across the table, screaming to an empty room and just crying hysterically. I actually had a mental breakdown and no book has ever made me react like that before and it's just incredible that CC made me react like that. I cannot wait until Clockwork Princess comes out and see how this ends. I have my fingers crossed that it'll all work out.

1. Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout!


You're not surprised this is number 1 right? I cannot praise this book enough. I have never been a fan of Alien books but this book changed all that. Jennifer is a genius for writing this book. It's amazing and phenomenal and I devoured it in one sitting. I could not stop reading and I am so obsessed with the book and Daemon as soon as Jennifer mentions a teaser or a Daemon POV scene well I just turn into a crazy woman. This is 100% the best book I have read this year. It's the first book by JLA I read and I fell in love with her writing and she is now my favourite author. So so excited for Onyx.

So there you go, my Top 10 Favourite books of 2011.
Is there anything you think I should have included?

Join me tomorrow for my 2012 Books I can't wait for!

5 comments:

  1. It's a great list!
    My top list: Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Half-Blood, Shutter Me, Obsidian, Angelfall, Unearthly and Hunting Lila. I can't make them into order:)
    Happy New Year!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Obsidian! It's definitely one of my top reads this year. The book is just pure awesomeness! On my top list it's tied for the #1 spot along with the River of Time series. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. messi awaludin1 June 2015 at 08:41

    I am very fond of this information thanks for sharing with us

    cara menyembuhkan penyumbatan usus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herbal Ace Maxs11 June 2015 at 04:01

    a great reading the contents of all,

    http://www.obattbctradisional.com/2015/06/cara-menyembuhkan-ulkus-kornea.html
    http://robiherbal.com/cara-mengobati-penebalan-dinding-rahim/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to share information,this is very very nice i like it to information
    http://goo.gl/JV5XYG
    http://goo.gl/dHQPkG
    http://goo.gl/pH4oqf
    http://goo.gl/7c6cuj
    http://goo.gl/JTtPCw
    http://goo.gl/xQltXJ
    http://goo.gl/XHedee
    http://goo.gl/Ce5kjM
    http://goo.gl/gAmD2E
    http://goo.gl/ETxQ9Z

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment