Monday, December 26

Top 10 New Series in 2011


Welcome to the first Top 10 of 2011 post.
Between now and New Year I will be posting a Top 10..... every day to round up my year of reading.
Originally I was planning to just have a Top 10 Books of 2011 with my favourites in but who am I kidding there is no way I can do that there is just too many great books I have read that I loved and I can't fit them into one post so now there will be one every day until New Years Day which will have the last 2011 post!

So today's is the Top 10 New Series of 2011. This is not only series where the first book was released in 2011 but where I personally read the first book of the series in 2011. There are so many series I hadn't heard of until this year and are now one of my favourite series so I thought I would dedicate this post to some of them.

10. Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant!



The Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant is a post-apocalyptic Dystopian series I came across this year. It takes place years in the future where a Zombie outbreak has swept the nation and a team of bloggers are out to discover the truth. To be honest I found the first book in this series very difficult to get into at first. It is very political and that is difficult for me as I have never really read a political book before but after I got over that and got used to it I loved it. It is such a fantastic storyline and I ended up in tears. I also read the sequel Deadline which in my opinon was ever better than Feed. I cannot wait until June/July 2012 for the third and final book in the Newsflesh Trilogy to be released so I can find out how it is going to end.

9. Fever by Karen Marie Moning!


Fever is a series I came across because of Amber at the Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Fanatics group on Goodreads and decided to read as it was her favourite series. Mackayla Lane is thrown into the magical world of Fae with is mysterious and dangerous. Along with the mysterious and infuriating Barrons Mac must face the danger of the Fae to discover what really happened to her sister and keep the world safe from them. I really love this series. I wasn't sure with the first one. I thought it was a good storyline but it didn't really blow me away. I was intrigued at to what would happen though and the more I read the more I fell in love with this series. Another reason? Barrons! Enough said!

8. The Chemical Garden by Lauren DeStefano


Wither is a book that was released early this year and it was the second Dystopian book I read (after Hunger Games). Rhine is taken away from her family and forced into a polygamous marriage that now happed as Men die at 25 and Women at 20. Even though Rhine is treated like a queen she can't forget the family she left behind. I really liked this book. I thought it was great it was a good, original storyline and I really enjoyed reading it. I cannot wait for Fever to be released in February 2012 to see what happens next.

7. Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent!


Blood Bound is the first book by Rachel Vincent I read and it was brilliant I really enjoyed it. Liv is a bloodtracker and when she bound to find her friend's daughter she is forced to work with her ex Cam, one thing she would rather not do. I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to read the next one. I found myself completely hooked to the book straight away and I fell in love with the characters. It's a great storyline, adult YF mixed with Mafia street gangs. It's a brilliant start to a new series and it instantly made me a fan of Rachel Vincent.

6. Angel Trilogy by L.A Weatherly!


Angel is a series I came across because of Netgalley. I received it for review and instantly fell in love with it. Willow is a half-angel, the only one who can defeat the evil angels trying to take over the world and causing everyone the terrible angel burn. Alex is an AK, and Angel-Killer and when they both go on the run together from the angels trying to kill both of them they must learn to work together. I genuinely loved this book and I read the sequel and thought it was even better. I loved it and I fell in love with Alex who is just amazing (he was in my Book Boyfriends post yesterday). This book is filled with fast-paced non-stop action and heart-pounding romance. It's a must-read. 100% the best Angel series ever.

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth!


Another dystopian I fell in love with. Tris must choose which Faction she wants to belong to for the rest of her life and when she chooses a different one from where she is from she must learn to live completely different from what she is used to. Divergent is filled with danger, mystery and heart-pounding romance. A amazing book and I'm super excited for Insurgent coming in 2012. I could not put Divergent down. I read it in one sitting, I think it took me around 4 hours, which is incredible considering how thick the book is. I loved every moment of it and it hooked me right from the start.

4. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi!


Shatter Me is another dystopian book, set in a world ruled by The Reestablishment. Juliette has a poisonous body. When she touches people they get hurt, some even die. She is enlisted by the Reestablishment to help them control people, they see her touch as power, she sees it as a curse. All Juliette wants is to be normal and not hurt people. I love this book. I started it meaning to just read a chapter and then next thing I knew I was 100 pages in. I could not put it down. I loved every moment of it and I am so excited for book 2 but it is such a long wait. :;sigh::

3. The Covenant by Jennifer L Armentrout!


Half-Blood was the first book by Jennifer L Armentrout but the second of hers that I read. Alex is a Half-Blood, born from a descendent from Gods and a human. She has 2 choices to learn to fight the evil Daimon's and protect the Pure-Bloods or become a servent to the Pure's. She does what anyone else would do, learn to fight. But after years away from the Covenant she is forced back and has to try to catch up. I loved this book. It's incredible. It reminded me of Vampire Academy a little but mixed with Mythology. It's a great start to a series and JLA is one of my favourite authors. I can't wait for book 2 in 2012.

2. Lux by Jennifer L Armentrout!


Obsidian is a book I recieved for Review and I loved it. Katy has just moved to a new town, expected to be boring. Things are looking up when she spots her new super-hot neighbour Daemon but then she gets to know him. He is arrogant and infuriating but everything is not as it seems. I loved Obsidian, it was the first JLA book I read and it made me fall in love with her writing and her characters. I love Daemon. Enough said. Everyone should just read this for him. Who can resist the hottie with piercing green eyes? I can't wait for Onyx next year to read more of this series. Definitely one of my favourite books of the year!

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins!


Hunger Games was the first dystopian book I ever read and it started my obsession. Katniss is thrown into the brutal Hunger Games in order to save her little sister. The Hunger Games is a fight to the death in a big arena but the only problem is the one person she would never kill to survive is the one who ends up in The Hunger Games with her. If you haven't read The Hunger Games what are you waiting for? Go get it right now. I read the whole trilogy this year and I loved every moment of it. This year has definitely been a dystopian year and they are now my favourite types of books. They are amazing and The Hunger Games started it all off for me. I am planning to re-read them early 2012 ready for the movie in March which I am super excited about. A worthy winner of the Top Series of 2011!

So there we have it!
My top 10 Series of 2011.
What do you think? Did I miss any vital ones out? There are so many others that deserved to be in here. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, Dark Swan by Richelle Mead but these are the ones that really stuck out in my mind.

Watch out Tomorrow for: Top 10 Sequels of 2011


6 comments:

  1. I now have a few more books on my TBR list :) hahahah looks great Kayleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Kay! At lot of them I totally agree with! ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Kay, will be watching for the rest of your Top 10's :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the countdown. Great choices and ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. his info steady all, thank you for providing new insights
    href="http://goo.gl/pZZzHn
    href="http://goo.gl/oj2tKp
    href="http://goo.gl/X5XWJZ
    href="http://goo.gl/kwa0Zd
    href="http://goo.gl/ikySvn
    href="http://goo.gl/6AaUkC
    href="http://goo.gl/Q9ugDa
    href="http://goo.gl/AVhQZK
    href="http://goo.gl/NkzJkS
    href="http://goo.gl/u3EQ81

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment