Sunday, December 25

Top 20 Book Boyfriends of 2011

Hey everyone! First of all I would just like to say a huge:




2011 was the year I started this blog and it has become such a huge part of my life and I love it and love every single one of you. There are so many books I wouldn't have read if it wasn't for my book blogging friend and I am just so happy to know I have some amazing followers and I love every single one of you.
To celebrate this amazing holiday I am going to do a very special post and there will be other special posts every day leading up to new year to round up my year of reading in 2011.
Today is my Top 20 Book Boyfriends, come on we all have them and I was going to do my Top 10 but let's be honest I can't choose only 10 so here we are, specially for Christmas let's celebrate all these fictional guys that we all love.

20. Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights


Okay, it's true I kinda cheater on this one. I didn't read Wuthering Heights this year but I needed Heathcliff in here somewhere because I just love him so much. So many people hate him, say he's evil and I don't believe that for a second. I have read Wuthering Heights too many times to count and I still adore Heathcliff and despise Cathy. If anyone is evil in this book it is her and her manipulative ways. All Heathcliff did was love her and she threw it back in his face!




Quotes from Wuthering Heights:

  • Oh Cathy! Oh, my life! How can I bare it?
  • It is hard to forgive and to look at those eyes, and I feel those wasted hands. Kiss me again; and don't let me see your eyes! I forgive what you have done to me. I forgive my murderer.
  • You teach me now hoe cruel you've been - cruel and false. Why did you despise me? Why did you betray your heart?
  • Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! Only do not leave me here in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!

19. Jace from The Mortal Instruments

I really fell in love with Jace last year and if I was writing this post last year he would probably be much closer to the top but the more books I read the more I realised Jace isn't that amazing (don't hate me!) but it's true that no matter how much he irritates me a little throughout the book I do still love him. At least enough to have him in my Top 20 Book Boyfriends.






Quotes from The Mortal Instruments:

  • If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just said.
  • And I'm supposed to sit by while you date boys and fall in love with someone else, get marries? And meanwhile I'll die a little more everyday, watching.
  • Just kissing? How swiftly you dismiss our love.
  • And now I'll looking at you and you're asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that has made me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before, but since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely.

18. Win from All These Things I've Done


So technically, I shouldn't have read this already since it's not out here in the UK until March but when I received it for review I had to start it straight away and here is another dystopian book I fell in love with. It's amazing. And yes it provided me with yet another book boyfriend, Win. Oh I love Win so much, he's incredible. I love everything about Win. How he knew all about Anya's dark past but didn't judge her because of it and loved her anyway no matter what anyone else said.



Quotes from All These Things I've Done:

  • I told him I didn't want to have sec until I got married. Without missing a beat, he nodded and said, "So, let's get married."
  • My beautiful Win, I wanted to kiss him on every last broken place, but his mother and my lawyer were there. Instead, I started to cry.
  • He kissed me, though not in a sexy way. Gentle. Tender.
  • Dance with me, I know I'm probably making a fool of myself. You're probably thinking, how many time do I have to reject this guy? Can't he take a hint? But somehow I don't even care, I see you in your red dress, standing by the punch table, and something in me wants to keep trying. I think, she's a person worth knowing.

17. Cam from Blood Bound


Blood Bound was the first book I read by Rachel Vincent and I absolutely loved it. It's an incredible Adult UF book and I fell head over heels for Cam. He is one of the best characters ever. He's the tough guy who could frighten anyone with just one look but he is also sensitive and the most loving guy ever. If he had to kill to protect those he loved then he wouldn't even hesitate.





Quotes from Blood Bound:

  • Why can't you just admit you still want me? We both know it's true.
  • And suddenly the memories were too much to fight. She was right there, after so many years and she wasn't pushing me away. So I kissed her, and she kissed me back, and suddenly it was like she never left.
  • I held her tighter, just because I could. Because she was fierce, and beautiful, and mine.
  • I love you Olivia. You think we'll die if we stay together, but I've been dying slowly for the last six years. I'm taking my life back, Liv. Our life together. And this time, I'm not letting you go.

16. Wesley from The D.U.F.F


I read The D.U.F.F because of the very awesome Jojo, who told me I must read it so many time and when I finally came round to reading it I wondered why I had waited so long. I fell for Wesley. He is so amazing. He is the ass who thinks he is the best guy ever and can have nay girl he wants but when you look below the surface he's a sensitive guy who just needs some love. I wanted to just hug him all the way through the book.




Quotes from The D.U.F.F:

  • Moving on without you is impossible. No other girls can keep me on my toes the way you can. No one else makes me WANT to embarrass myself by writing sappy letter like this one. Only you!
  • But the truth is I'm chasing you because I really think I'm falling in love with you.
  • Because I care! I've been worried about you since you left my house a week ago! You didn't even say why you left, Bianca. What was I supposed to do? Just assume you would be alright?
  • Wesley Rush doesn't chase girls, but I'm chasing you!

15. Dimitri from Vampire Academy


I was so Team Dimitri in Vampire Academy. I just loved him. He is what kept me reading, that and the kick-ass Rose of course. Ever since we met him in book 1 I just loved him. The kick-ass attitude, I mean come on the guy is known as a God and the Russian accent. ::sigh::






Quotes from Vampire Academy:

  • No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.
  • You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes.
  • Don't worry Roza, I'm not afraid. I'll take whatever hear they give me over being with you. It's worth it.
  • Wait until next time. I'll do things that'll make you lose control within seconds.

14. Adrian from Bloodlines


As I said I was always Team Dimitri in Vampire Academy but there is no denying I love Adrain too. He's so sweet but has that cheeky grin and I just loved him. I was super excited to find out her was a main character in Bloodlines and when I read it I just loved him even more. Every scene I was in I was just in stitched with what he said.





Quotes from VA/Bloodlines:

  • My God, Sage, your eyes. How have I never noticed them? The colour. When you stand in the light. They're amazing ... like molten gold. I could paint those. They're beautiful, you're beautiful.
  • Mmm, O Positive, my favourite.
  • "They're waiting for you. Go on in". Adrian leaned close to Keith's ear and spoke in an ominous voice. "If. You. Dare!" He poked Keith's shoulder and have a 'Muhahaha' kind of monster laugh.
  • I love you! I love you, and you destroyed me. You took my heart and ripped it up!

13. Four from Divergent


Wow, what can I say about Divergent? Erm, if you have got it and read it go get it right now! (Yea, I know it's Christmas, the shops are closed) You need to read this book, it's amazing. Four is phenomenal. I love him. He is what made this book so awesome. Four is this incredible tough guy who deep down is a guy with a big heart who would do anything to protect the ones he loves.





Quotes from Divergent:

  • We kiss again and this time, it feels familiar. I know exactly how we fit together, his arm around my waist, my hands on his chest, the pressure of his lips on mine. We have each other mesmerised.
  • Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.
  • It is more important for you to be safe than right.
  • I might be in love with you. I'm waiting until I am sure to tell you, though.

12. Wolf from Eden


Eden was a book I definitely wasn't expecting to love as much as I did. It was a complete surprise and Janelle is so awesome for writing it and it gave me 2 new Book Boyfriends. Wolf and Callum.
Wolf is know for his womanising ways but the more I read the more I realised that really he ated like that to hide his true feelings for his betrothed. They both act like they hate each other but deep down their love for each other is obvious.




Quotes from Eden:

  • He held her tight as the warmth from his lips covered hers. She had never been kissed like this before.
  • Now he knew exactly what she felt for him, which was nothing but contempt. It had angered him more than he liked to admit.
  • How can I love someone who so obviously despises me?
  • Now, as he lay in his tent, he wondered about her question, trying to understand why he had felt the need to follow her that night at the festival. Sometimes even he couldn't make sense of his feelings.

11. Callum from Eden


Another guy from the awesome Eden, this time Callum. Callum is portrayed as the bad guy but the more I read the more I thought really he was just misunderstood. I just love him and I loved seeing the events from his side. One of the quotes I wanted to use for Callum, I couldn't. It was in a sneek peak Janelle sent me for book 2 so maybe I can tell you when Book 2 has been released.





Quotes from Eden:

  • When he found her in her home that night, he had almost lost his breath at her beauty.
  • Since she could not see, she ended up slamming right into his naked chest. Realising quickly that it was not a good idea to keep her eyes down, as he wore no undergarments, she looked up quickly her face hot. He was looking down at her, an amused smile on his face.
  • Are you checking out my body, Rose?
  • His face flooded back into her head again, and with it, the kiss they had shared before she left. It had left her weak in the knees, the breath knocked right out of her.

10. Alex from Perfect Chemistry


This is a book I bought last year and meant to read it straight away but as always ended up sat on my shelf for a while. After more prompting from Jojo, I finally decided to read it and I was so glad I did. I love chic-lit books and I instantly fell in love with the book. I couldn't put it down and that was because of Alex Fuentes. I fell head over heels in love with him and after reading the rest of the series he is still my favourite. Of course I love Carlos and Luis as well but none of them quite compare to Alex.



Quotes from Perfect Chemistry:

  • I want to tell her how much she's become the centre of my being. But I can't. The words won't come.
  • I don't deserve you, you know that querida?
  • I want to know how to make this girl laugh. I want to know what makes her cry. I want to know what it feels like to have her look at me as if I'm her knight in shining armour.
  • You are the one girl that made me risk everything for a future worth having.

9. Peeta from The Hunger Games


The Hunger Games is the trilogy that set off my dystopia obsession this year and I love every single one of these books. Yes, Mockingjay too. I was absorbed into this barbaric world and could find that really I couldn't think of anything other than these books. I love both Peeta and Gale but I was always a Peeta fan. From before they went into the games I loved him, after all he's the boy with the bread.





Quotes from The Hunger Games:

  • I wish I could freeze this moment and stay here with you forever.
  • Remember we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.
  • I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you.
  • My nightmares are usually about losing you. I'm okay once I realise you're okay.

8. Alex from Angel


Angel was a book I heard about and read right at the beginning of the year and I also read the sequel Angel Fire a few months ago. This is without a doubt the best damn Angel series I have ever read and I fell for Alex 100%. He is just amazing and I'm sure everyone else who has read these books will agree with me. I love his so much and I can't wait for Book 3 to read about the very hot, very dreamy AK Alex.




Quotes from Angel:

  • I never hated you. Even when I thought I should. I was so attracted to you that I could hardly stand it. I've been going insane these last few days.
  • Willow, all I care about is that you're you, and - and that you're with me. That's all that really matters.
  • Willow, it's okay. We'll do whatever you want. I just want to be with you. I don't care.
  • I love you. For as long as I live - if that's fifty years from now or just next week - I'll love you.

7. Barrons from Fever


Fever was a series I had never heard of before this year and after joining the wonderful Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Fanatics group on Goodreads and meeting the very awesome Amber I found out about it. It's Amber's favourite series so I thought I would give it a go and she was absolutely right. It's such a fantastic series and I love Barrons. It's true I didn't at first, in the first book I thought he was just an ass but the more of the series I read the more I loved him. He's such a fantastic character and he;s one of my all time favourite book boyfriends.



Quotes from Fever:

  • One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find breathe is of very little consequence.
  • And you can tell Darroc that Ms. Lane is mine. If he wants her, he can bloody well come and get her.
  • You're Mac and I'm Jericho. And nothing else really matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me.
  • You're leaving me Rainbow Girl.

6. Aiden from Half-Blood


Half-Blood is by the very awesome Jennifer L Armentrout, her very first book and I absolutely love it. It kinda reminded me of Vampire Academy, a series I love but it included mythology, which I absolutely adorw so it was kinda the perfect book for me. I instantly loved Aiden, I mean who wouldn't? He's yummy and he's kinda perfect.





Quotes from Half-Blood:

  • You don't have anything to worry about Alex. I'm not going to let anything happen to you.
  • Since that night I saw you in Georgia, you've been under my skin. You got inside me, became a part of me.
  • You're so beautiful. So brave, so full of life.
  • I care about you more than I should and that's why I'm not going to put you in that situation and jeopardise your future.

5. Shane from Morganville Vampires


Morganville Vampires is a series I started last year and fell in love with. It is my favourite vampire series ever and it is the only series with so many books that has kept me captivated and on the edge of my seat waiting for the next book. In book 2 which I read last year I fell head over heels in love with Shane. He is the perfect guy and I still love him 10 books later.





Quotes from MVV:

  • Dude, it's a house, hug somebody who cares.
  • God, I needed you. I can't even tell you how many time I thought about this. The funny thing is, I don't need you any less now. I think I need you more.
  • Hang on - slow down. I'm not going anywhere. You know that right? You don't have to put out to keep me here. Well, as long as you eventually .......
  • In this whole screwed-up town, you're the only thing that's always been right to me. I love you, Claire.

4. Adam from Shatter Me


Shatter Me was one of the book released in 2011 that I desperately wanted to read. 2011 saw my obsession with dystopia books start so when I heard of this one I instantly wanted to read it. I wasn't disappointed in the slightest, it is a phenomenal story with incredible characters and I instantly fell in love with Adam. He is such a sweet loving character and I just wanted to give him a hug throughout most of the book.




Quotes from Shatter Me:

  • God, Juliette, I'd follow you anywhere. You're the only good thing left in this world.
  • I had to find you. I asked around everywhere and no one had answers. The world kept falling apart. Things were getting worse and I didn't know what to do. I had to take care of James and I had to find a way to live and I didn't know if joining the army would help but I never forgot about you. I always hoped that one day I would see you again.
  • I fell in love with you a long time ago. I just never had the guts to act on it. Because I didn't think I deserved you.
  • There's very little I wouldn't do for you.

3. Daemon from Obsidian


Obsidian was the first book by the amazing Jennifer L Armentrout I read and I just loved it. I was so excited to have it for review and I fell in love with the world and with the characters, especially Daemon. He is infuriating and acts like an ass most of the time but who doesn't love a bad boy? No matter how many times he acted like an idiot I loved him. As soon as Katy opened the door and saw his piercing green eyes I was sold!




Quotes from Obsidian:

  • I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect. The ones who throw their beauty away, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It's a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.
  • Kat, I won't let him. Okay? I promise you. I won't let anything happen to you. 
  • I swear if you so much as look at her again, it will be the last thing you ever do.
  • Please. Please. I can't lose you. Please open your eyes. Please don't leave me.

2. Will from The Infernal Devices


A couple of weeks ago I read Clockwork Prince and I was completely blown away by it. It is one of my favourite books of 2011 and I cannot wait to see how this series ends. At the end of Clockwork Angel I loved Will even when others didn't and Clockwork Prince just made me love him even more. He is definitey my favourite character in the series and I was torn between whether to rate him as number 1 Book Boyfriend or number 2.




Quotes from The Infernal Devices:

  • Is this a game? We just blurt out whatever word comes next to mind? In that case mine's 'genuphobia'. It means an unresonable fear of knees.
  • I did it becayse I love you! I love you Tessa and I have loved you, almost since the day I met you.
  • You and I, Tess, we're alike. We live and breathe words. It was books that kept me from talking my own life after I thought I could never love anyone. Never be loved by anyone.
  • I dreamed wat you dreamed, wanted what you wanted - and then I realised that truly I just wanted you. The girl behind the scrawled letters. I loved you from the moment I read them. I love you still.

1. Nathan from Lucy in the Sky


Lucy in the Sky is a book I re-read this year as it is still my favourite book. Nathan will always be my number one book boyfriend. No one can ever claim the top spot from him. Lucy in the Sky was the first full length novel I ever read and it is the book that made me fall in love with reading. Likewise Nathan was the first fictional guy I ever loved.





Quotes from Lucy in the Sky:

  • I love you Lucy. I really, really love you. You and I are meant to be together, no matter what I know it.
  • I run towards the door, open it and pull him back inside. And then he's kissing me, up against the wall, pressing his lips to mine and I never, ever want him to stop.
  • I'm sorry this is such a mess. But I don't want to lose you.
  • The memory of Nathan kissing me up against the wall slams into my mind and I feel dizzy. Would I really choose two and a half blissful weeks with him over a potential lifetime with James? In a heartbeat!


So there you go, my Top 20 Book Boyfriends!
Watch out tomorrow for my special Christmas IMM video and a post for my Top 10 New Series I read in 2011.


10 comments:

  1. Why didn't you include Jem in the list???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Vanya. I love Jem I do but he's just not one of my top Book guys =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Awesome Kay :) I love your list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm swooning. This list will help give me good dreams if ever I am down :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Ren LOL

    LOL Diana, that was the point =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your list Kay!

    I am in agreement with 50%, lol the other 50 I have not read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you and I have MANY MANY MANY of the same book boyfriends LOL :). Heathcliff would probably be my number two though.....number one for me will always be Eric Northman from the True Book/Southern Vampire Mystery Series by Charlaine Harris. Then I think Will from Clockwork Angel though I do like Jem from Clockwork Angel/Clockwork Prince too. Great list so many to choose from :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I love this list of book boyfriends! Olalalala why can't they be real!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh! I can't believe I've just seen this post lol. Awesome! Who the HELL did you use for Shane? I like him. I like him a lot. I always pictured Chase Crawford, but my God, woman, who is he?! Lol.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment