Sunday, January 1

Review: Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1)

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1)
Kierstan White

Published By: Harper Teen
Publication Date: January 6, 2011
Date Read: December 31, 2011
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: e-book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7719245-paranormalcy
From Goodreads:
Vampires. Werewolves. Faeries. Shapeshifters.

Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths, and even worse, that she is at the centre of a dark prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
Paranormalcy was the first book I bought on my kindle when I got it back in January 2011 and I only just read it. I know right? It's about time. Truth be told I only actually started it because I received book 2, Supernaturally for review from Harper Collins. Well now I have read it all I can say is what the hell was I waiting for? This book is really good. I really enjoyed it.

Evie works for the IPCA, the International Paranormal Control Agency. She is human who can see through paranormals glamours. But as things get more dangerous Evie is faced with a life-changing truth, is she really human or something more?

I really enjoyed this book. I thought the writing was a great change. It's very light hearted and fun instead of the usual dark and dramatic writing style you usually find with other Paranormal books.
I really loved how in this book there is a mix of lots of different paranormals, you have elementals, vampires, werewolves, shifters, fairies. The lot. It was great seeing them all interacting with each other.

I really like Evie, she's a great heroine, she's not as strong as other heroines in YA books but I loved her all the same.  I love Lend, I think he is possibly the sweetest character ever. Usually I always fall for the bad boys in books but not in this one. I don't think there was a scene with Lend where I was sat going AWWWWW at the book. It was such a cute book. I really don't like Reth. I don't know what it is and I know a lot of people love him but to me he was just uber creepy and he freaked me out a lot.

I'm really looking forward to reading Book 2 Supernaturally and seeing what happens. I really don't know why I waited so long to read this. It's so good. It's a nice fast, light read and with uber cool characters you can't go wrong. Now, on to Supernaturally.....



1 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I really loved this book too! You can check out my review its up on the blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment