Monday, January 2

Review: Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2)

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2)
Kiersten White

Published By: Harper Teen
Publication Date: January 5, 2012
Date Read: January 2, 2012
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Review Copy from Publisher
Format: Paperback
Pages: 336

From Goodreads:

A lot has changed in the six months since Evie escaped from the International Paranormal Containment Agency with her shape-shifter boyfriend, Lend. She finally has the blissfully normal life she’s always dreamed of, including: 
1) A real live high school 
2) A perfectly ordinary after-school job 
3) Her very own locker (and by the way, rusted metal is every bit as awesome as she imagined) 


But Evie’s not-so-normal past keeps creeping up on her...and things get pretty complicated when you factor in: 
1) A centuries-old, seriously decaying vampire stalker 
2) A crazy faerie ex-boyfriend who is the perpetual bearer of really bad news 
3) A major battle brewing between the faerie courts where the prize in question happens to be...Evie herself. 


So much for normal...
I honestly don't know what to write in this review. I have so many mixed feelings for this book, I really liked it yet it really annoyed me and had me irritated most of the way through.

Evie finally escaped the clutches of the IPCA and found the normal life she had always craved with her boyfriend. But then things start going wrong in the paranormal world and she is sucked back in to help. But she has unknown trouble brewing for herself, are those she considers her allies really her friends or her enemies?

Evie, Evie, Evie, what are you doing? I loved her in the first book. I thought she was such a sweet character and I loved her relationship developing with Lend. However in this book she just annoyed me all of the time. In Paranormalcy I loved how she confided in Lend about everything, what she was, even when she thought she was evil she was still honest with him. I don't quite understand why she went from confiding in them to lying to him about everything and keeping all these secrets. I hate that she kept so many secrets from him when she knows how he loves her and trusts her.
I loved Lend in this book. There wasn't quite enough of him in the book for me and I kept reading and reading hoping that Lend was going to show up soon. The same was with Reth. As much as I disliked him in the first book and was Team Lend I couldn't help but missing him throughout the book. He definitely makes the story more interesting.

I think the storyline was really good and that's what made me enjoy it more. The storyline was as addictive as the first and I couldn't put it down as I needed to find out what happened. I still love this series and the ending left me optimistic that the final book will be better. I love Kiersten's writing style, it's bleeping amazing and I love how fun and light-hearted it is.

All in all I think this book wasn't as good as the first in the series, Evie just irritated me too much and the main character is very important to me. I am looking forward to seeing how the series ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment