Thursday, February 9

Claire de Lune #1 and #2

Claire de Lune (Claire de Lune #1)
Christine Johnson

Publication Date: May 18, 2010
Finish Date: December 16 2011
Format: Paperback
Pages: 336

From Goodreads: At Claire Benoit's sixteenth birthday party, all anyone can talk about are the recent werewolf attacks that have ravaged her town. Claire, however, is more interested in the flirtations of soccer god Matthew Engle, who graciously ignores the mysterious rash on her hands and ears. His attentions are the highlight of her evening--until she transforms into a werewolf After learning she's the latest in a long line of she-wolves, Claire is compelled to help her pack find and defeat the rogue werewolf who's been killing humans--but she must keep her lupine identity a secret from her new boyfriend Matthew, whose father hunts her kind.

4 Stars, this is a very nice book about a teenage werewolf. So far most books I've read are about adult werewolves, so I really liked that this one was about a teenager.The story is pretty original; it is about a teenage werewolf, who is just getting into her powers. The world knows that werewolves exists and they are hunting for a man-eating werewolf in Claire's hometown.

There are some minor details about the werewolves I found a bit strange and in the beginning I had some difficulties accepting them. In the beginning the book was okay but not great. But it got better and better and in the end I really liked it and now I can't wait to read the next book.

The focus of this book is really on Claire and how she is dealing with the knowledge that she is turning into a werewolf, combined with falling in love and having to lie to her boyfriend and her best friend. I would've liked more details about the other characters, I found it difficult to get a good idea of who they where. While we get a really good idea of who Claire is, she is brave and wants to do things her way. I found her a strong character, escpecially for someone so young and I liked how she deals with everything that happens.

Also there is the matter of the murdering werewolf, there are some clues in the beginning which really make me believe I got it all figured out. But in the end there is such a nice plot twist. The ending is really good too.

To conclude: a really good werewolf book. there where some minor details I found a bit strange, but overal the book is really good. We get to know Claire very good, while the other characters get less attention. The plot is also good and it contains some nice unexpected twists.

Photobucket


Nocturne (Claire de Lune #2)
Christine Johnson

Publication Date: Augustus 23, 2011
Finish Date: 9 February 2012
Format: Paperback
Pages: 355



From Goodreads: Claire feels like her life is finally settling down and she couldn't be happier. She's been filly initiated into her family's pack of female werewolves, her best friend Emily is back in town, and the gorgeous Matthew Engle us now her boyfriend. But Claire knows all to well that life as a werewolf is never simple. And when she discovers that new girl Amy knows more about her than she's letting on, Claire feels that things are beginning to unravel. Claire knows that if her werewolf identity is exposed everyone she loves will be put at risk. And, as her human and wolf live continue to collide, Claire must fight to keep her secret safe.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It is not a great story, but I still enjoyed it. And I love the originality of the story. Where book 1 mostly focusses on Claire becoming a werewolf and the man-eating werewolf, this book mostly focusses on Claire and how she tries to keep her wolf life a secret from her friends and some pack issues. I really liked seeing how Claire deals with her secret while also trying to be a normal teenage girl. I think she not always deals good with her secret, but she has a lot to deal with.

The first half of the book mostly focusses on Claire and how she has to lit a fire. There are other topics woven in between so it didn't get boring, but I still think it got a little bit too much attention. Altough I did like it that Claire struggled with some things, like lighting the fire, this makes her so much more believeable. Some new friendships form in this book and Claire has some obstancles to overcome with Mathew. I enjoyed the second half more, because then the story picks up a bit and get's more interesting.

One minpoint about this story is the fact that I think that it would be nice if there where more werewolf hunts etc. The book mostly focusses on pack troubles and Claire's troubles with lying against her friends. There are very little scenes where Claire is just a wolf and enjoys her wolf senses or hunts animals. I still enjoyed the book and I think it shows a very believeable story about how a teenager deals with being a werewolf.

In this book we do get to learn a bit more about Claire and the pack. We see Claire make some tough decisions and I think she is a very strong character. We also get to know a bit more about the other pack members and I really enjoyed getting to know them more, because they got a little too less attention in book 1.

To conclude: a very enjoyable story about a teenage werewolf. There are some points in the story that could've been better, but overal it is a very enjoyable read and Claire reacts very believeable to anything that happens.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment