Tuesday, February 14

Review: Hare Moon (Forest of Hands and Teeth #0.5)

Hare Moon (Forest of Hands and Teeth #0.5)
Carrie Ryan

Published By: Delacourte Press
Publication Date: March 23, 2011
Date Read: February 12, 2012
Genre: YA - Dytsopia
Source: Bought
Format: eBook
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11011944-hare-moon

From Goodreads:
Tabitha can’t shake the feeling that something exists beyond the fences of her village. And when she sneaks out, past the gates and down the path into the Forest of Hands and Teeth, she meets a boy who teaches her heart things she never knew. But love in a world surrounded by so much death doesn’t come without its sacrifices, and Tabitha gradually realizes just how much she’ll have to give up to live among the Unconsecrated.

From New York Times bestselling author Carrie Ryan comes an original story of love after the Return.
I really didn't know what to expect when reading Hare Moon. I absolutely loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth series. It was the first zombie book I ever read and I loved it, and both of the sequels that follow it. However as much as I loved FoH&T Tabitha was without a doubt my least favourite character. I really disliked her so much and to find that this short story set years before FoH&T revolved around Tabitha, well it made me really reluctant to start reading it.
Saying that though I actually quite enjoyed it.

Tabitha has lived in the village in the middle of the infested forest but she longs to see what is behind the metal fences. Can it really just be the one village and a world full of Unconsecrated? Determined to find out she sneaks away from the village down the fenced in path to see what is there, here she meets Patrick. But can she really betray the secrets and future of her village for one boy?

I really enjoyed reading Hare Moon and we get to see a side to Tabitha that I could not have ever imagined while reading FoH&T. During the first book in this series Tabitha comes across as cold and doesn't care what happens to anyone or how they feel as long as the village survives. In Hare Moon, we see her younger and a lot more carefree and I loved seeing the romance between her and Patrick developing. I think Hare Moon really puts a lot of things that happen and how Tabitha acts during FoH&T into perspective and you can really see why she does those things.

I did enjoy this short story and I loved delving back into the incredible zombie-filled world that Carrie Ryan has created. It really reminded me how much I really love this series and after reading this if I were to read FoH&T again, which I'm sure I will at some point as I love it, I know I will be reading it with new eyes and a different perspective.

This short story is a great read for any fans of this series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment