Tuesday, February 21

Shadows (Lux #0.5)

Shadows (Lux #0.5)
Jennifer L Armentrout

Publication Date: February 21, 2012
Finish Date: February 21, 2012
Source: Bought
Format: eBook


From Goodreads:
The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.
Wow! I seriously don't know what to say right now. I was definitely expecting to love this book because of my love for Obsidian but I definitely was not expecting that. Once again Jennifer L Armentrout has completely blown me away with her incredible talent.

Dawson is a Luxen, a being of light. He knows that it would be foolish and dangerous for him to fall for a human. But then he meets Bethany and he can't deny the connection between them. Bethany knows that this drop-dead gorgeous guy must be trouble, but she is completely captivates and cannot stay away. Will they be able to stay together through all their obstacles or is their love just one that was doomed from the start?

Shadows just reinforced my belief that Jennifer cannot write a single thing that I do not absolutely adore. She is without a doubt my favourite author ever and every time I read another one of her books I just fall more and more in love with her stories and her characters. She is without a doubt incredible and amazing and I cannot praise her enough. If you haven't read one of Jennifer's books, well then, where have you been? What are you waiting for? Go, go buy one of them now!

I could not wait to dive into Shadows and find out the story of Dawson who is briefly mentioned in Obsidian and boy was I blown away. I love him. He is just the cutest sweetest guy in the world and reading this any girl would swoon by his words and his actions. I did. Many times. All the way through I just found myself falling more and more in love with him. Not quite as much as Daemon but it's a close call. I just loved delving into his story and finding out what really happened to him.

One this I loved most about this prequel was that we got to see some of the characters pre-Obsidian. Dee, I adore her. She had me laughing out loud many times throughout this book and I just loved her even more with her witty comments and fun-loving behaviour. We get to see the more serious side to Daemon and I loved seeing how protective he was over both of his siblings. It definitely made me just fall in love with him even more.

Although because of Dawson and Bethany's history being mentioned in Obsidian I knew what was coming up I secretly prayed that there would be a way around it and for them to have a happy ending. Yes, I knew what was coming and yes, I still cried at it. Jennifer's writing is just so amazing and moving that I end up crying and having my heart hurting in pretty much every book/series she writes.

Shadows just confirmed my love for Jennifer's books even more and I cannot wait to read her future books and I need to read Onyx, like now. I wanna go re-read Obsidian again now. Absolutely Phenomenal!

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I am in the middle of it now and loving it but I am not looking forward to the end!!! X(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice respond in return of this query with firm arguments and explaining the whole
    thing regarding that.

    my page :: What Education Do You Need To Become A Nutritionist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for finally talking about > "Shadows (Lux #0.5)"
    < Loved it!

    Feel free to visit my web blog; Efinancetips.

    org

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment