Thursday, March 22

Between (Heven and Hell #1.5) - review by Lolita

Between (Heven and Hell #1.5)
Cambria Hebert

Expected Publication Date: April 20, 2012
Date Finished: March 20, 2012
Format: e-book
Source: From Author






From Goodreads:I grew up in a comfortable house with two parents and a white-picket fence. My brother, Sam, and I used to play with sticks in the backyard and pretend they were swords. There were always cookies on the table and milk in the fridge. Then, one day, things changed. Sam changed. Life was never the same again. Sam left. My parents abandoned him when he needed them most, and I was left to survive in a house that was merely a shell of what it used to be. Mom cried all the time and Dad expected me to fill the void my brother left behind. But mostly, all we did was pretend. We pretended that things weren’t messed up. We pretended that Sam never existed. Until I changed, too. Now, everything’s a mess and I’m so confused. It’s like there are two different people trapped inside one body—my body—and one of them wants out. I do things. Bad things and I don’t know how to stop. I’m not sure I want to. The only way I can be normal again is if I find Sam. He’ll know what to do. He has too.



I always have troubles with writing reviews of short story, but I am going to try again. Between is a short story that tells the story of Logan, sam's little brother. In the first book Logan sudenly pops up and I couldn't help but wodner where he came from and why he was there. I also was a bit suspicious about him. In this short story we get to see Logan's side of the story.

I really liked getting to see Logan's perspective, it was short, but it was long enough to get a sense of who Logan was and why he made the descision to find his brother. I really felt for Logan, he has a hard time and then suddenly he is changing too. This short story also raises some questions. I definitely am more interested in logan now I've read this story. I would certainly recommend it to read this short story if you liked book 1. It's a nice way to get to know more about Logan.



To conclude: a nice short story that gives us some insight in Logan's life. I liked seeing his side of the story. And when reading this story I got sucked into the story again and now I really want to read the next book, I can't wait to read it.







Photobucket






Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. thank you for taking the time to read and review Between! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment