Friday, March 16

Spy Glass (Glass #3)

Spy Glass (Glass #3)
Maria v Snyder

Publication Date: September 1, 2010
Finish Date: March 16, 2012
Format: Paperback



From Goodreads:An undercover mission leads to danger, adventure and an impossible choice. After siphoning her own blood magic in the showdown at Hubal, student glass magician Opal Cowan lost her powers. Immune to the effects of magic, Opal is now an outsider looking in, spying through the glass on those with the powers she once had. Powers that make a difference in the world. Suddenly the beautiful pieces she makes begin to flash in the presence of magic and Opal learns that someone has stolen some of her blood. Finding it might let her regain her powers or discover that they're lost forever...

I liked this one less that book 2, I think the story was a bit less interesting and it was a bit too long. There are many twist and turns, while the main storyline stays the same and I have to admit I didn't really liked the main storyline. At the end of book 2, Opal does something very brave and gives up her powers to save others. In this book she hates being without her powers and goes in search of her blood in the hope to regain her powers.

Lots of things happen in this book and I was surprised by some twist and turns I didn't see coming. We also got to see valek some more this book, which I really liked. Valek was one of my favourite characters in the poison trilogy and I liked seeing a bit more about him. Further I can sum up many of my praise and complainsfrom earlier books. Again I loved the characters, I thought the story felt a bit short in this book, again opal get's captured a few times, but all in all a very enjoyable read. I think I would've enjoyed this book a bit more if it had been a bit shorter, it was a bit too long for me.

I also want to say something about the ending. Although many lose treads remain I did like the ending. I was actually a bit surprised by some big event that happened at the end of the book, I really didn't see it coming! But in the end I just loved the ending and everything is how it should be. Although I would've liked it if some more loose ends where resolved.

To conclude: again a enjoyable read. I enjoyed the story a bit les sthan in the other books and think the book is a bit too long. I liked the ending although a few loose threads remain.



Photobucket




Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. I really have to read Maria V. Snyder, I'm sure I downloaded one of her books last year and some never went on to read it. I like being surprised by an ending - it's no fun when everything turns out the way you suspect, so she sounds like the kind of author I'd enjoy. Thanks for the review :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment