Tuesday, March 27

Goddess Interrupted (The Goddess Test #2)

Goddess Interrupted (The Goddess Test #2)
Aimee Carter

Publication Date: March 27, 2012
Date Read: March 27, 2012
Source: ARC from Netgalley
Format: Ebook


From Goodreads:
Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.Henry's first wife, Persephone.



Wow, that is all I can say right now, just Wow. This book was incredible. I was a little reluctant to start it as I heard some people say it wasn't as good as the first one but I loved the first book and the novella, The Goddess Hunt, so much that I just had to start it. I was not disappointed, I was completely hooked from the first few chapters and couldn't stop reading, I just needed to know what happened.


Kate has passed the tests, she has been granted Immortality and she cannot wait to be reunited with her husband Henry. But her happiness is short lived when they are attacked and Henry is taken prisoner. Kate will do whatever she can to save him, but the one thing she must do is face her biggest threat. The person who could destroy her marriage and take Henry away from her forever. The one who destroyed his heart and left him broken, Persephone.


This instalment in the Goddess Test series just completely blew me away. I love books that include mythology so when I received the first one for review last year I just fell in love with it. I adore Greek Mythology and my favourite myth is that of Hades and Persephone so to find a series centred around them is the perfect series for me. I loved the first book and this one just had me completely sucked back into this world and hanging on every word waiting in anticipation for what was going to happen next. I was definitely not expecting the events that followed and I couldn't stop reading.


Kate is incredible, I really felt for her so much throughout this book. I know some people call her whiny and annoying but I do not get this feeling at all. She has been thrown into this world where she finds she is gaining powers she does not understand and all she wants is to have Henry by her side to help her. Kate really goes through a lot in this book and I just wanted to reach into the book and give her a hug, especially when seeing the way Henry reacts to Persephone.


I loved seeing Kate and Henry's relationship throughout this book. They definitely have their obstacles even though they are married. I feel like their relationship is just so different from those in other YA literature. I love that Kate is not afraid to show her feelings and goes through hell to make sure Henry knows how she feels whereas Henry is the one always holding back and afraid to show his feelings. It's so opposite from other books and I love that. 


I really had mixed feelings about some of the characters throughout this book. The main one being Henry. Oh, I love Henry so much but man did I want to hit him sometimes in this book. It's one of those times where you wanna reach into the book and just rearrange it a little, i.e pushing him and Kate together. My heart really broke for her when their relationship was so difficult and I wanted to hit Henry so bad for treating Kate as he did and he just broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes. But, he definitely redeemed himself by the end and I loved him again so much. The end scenes with him and Kate are just so cute and sweet I couldn't help love him and sit there going 'AWWWW'


This book was without a doubt incredible and boy did it end with a bang. I could not believe the ending and it made me rethink which characters I actually wanted to kill. It's such a twist and I definitely did not see it coming. It left me gaping and shocked by what had happened and I cannot wait for the third book. I just need the third book now and I cannot wait to see what happens. It's such a cliffhanger ending that I know I will be reading the next one as soon as I can get my hands on it. 


A fantastic instalment of a great mythological series and I can't wait to see what happens next. Roll on October.


Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Wow. Five out of five, I tweeted this post for all the world to see. Or at least my followers.

    Nice Rave.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment