Thursday, March 1

Grey Wolves #2 & #3

Blood Rites (Grey Wolves #2)
Quinn Loftis

Publication date: November 19, 2011
Finish Date: February 28, 2012
Format: e-book



From Goodreads: With the challenge complete and the corrupt Alpha of Coldspring defeated Fane is now free to complete the mate bond with Jacque and perform the Blood Rites. Although the challenge is done, the affects are far reaching. Once it is known that Vasile, one of the strongest Alphas in the world is in America, specifically Coldspring, TX, there is one Alpha who cannot over look the significance of this. An Alpha who happens to share Jacque's DNA, but is this the one she needs to fear? With her mom driving and her two best friends, Jen and Sally in tow, Jacque sets off for her happily ever after. She will soon realize a plan has been put in motion that will change her course and possibly tear her from Fane's grasp forever. It will take a wolf pack, her mother's love, her two best friend's unrelenting determination, her own will to survive and the undying love of her mate to bring her home. The question remains, if she fights, if she endures, who will she be, what will be left once she is back in her mates arms?


I really enjoyed book 1 of this series, but book 2 is just great! I absolutely loved it! We get to see more from the characters and see how they all develop. It is so much better than book 1 and it made me like all the characters, the world and the story even more.

In my review of book 1 I mentioned that I didn't like the third person perspective, but in this book I didn't even notice it. The writing flowed better and the third person perspective makes it easy for the author to switch from perspective. And we get to see a lot of different persectives, we get to read more from Jacque, her friends Sally and Jen, Jacque's mom Lilly and we even get to see the perspective from the evil guy. This also brings me to one of the only minpoints I could find in this book, the motive of the bad guy,I think this lacked a bit explanation. I am not going to elaborate further because I don't want to spoil anything.

The characters are one of the best things about this book. We not only get to know Jacque, but also her friends, enemies and even some of the werewolves. And I loved reading about all those characters. I like seeing the different sides of a story and this book certainly gives many different persepctives. I liked seeing the relationships between the characers develop and I liked the multiple perspectives. I also love the fact that Jacque's friends play such a big role. They are not one-dimensional side kicks to fill up the book, no they are real people whith personalities and Jacque shares almost everything with them.

The story is also really great. I like the focus that this book puts on a werewolf's mate and all the explanation that goes with it. We also get to see some more of the werewolf action. There was only one small explanation that I found that sounded a bit unbelieveable. I know it is a fantasy story so it is unbelieveable but most explanations are still good, except for one. Again I am not going to spoil anything.

To conclude: I really loved this book, it is better than book 1 and it makes me really looking forward to reading the rest of this series. I liked reading about all the characters and I like them all. There where two minor details that I thought weren't that nicely done, but further it is just a fantastic book!

Photobucket

Just One Drop (Grey Wolves #3)
Quinn Loftis

Publication date: February 5, 2012
Finish Date: February 29, 2012
Format: e-book




From Goodreads: Jennifer Adams, best friend to Jacque Pierce and Sally Morgan, spicy, out spoken, a little crazy and human...or so she thought. Jen has just found out that human DNA is not the only thing that resides in her veins, she happens to share that little pesky werewolf gene, although it isn't more than just a drop. Now that she and her friends are living in Romania with Fane's pack, she is also oh so conveniently stuck with the object of her affection, the fur ball Decebel. Drawn to each other by something they don't understand Jen finds herself frustrated by the lack of mating signs between her and said fur ball. Not only is she dealing with that not so un-frustrating problem, she now has been informed that because of that little drop of werewolf blood in her she is now required to attended a multi-pack gathering for un-mated wolves. This type of gathering hasn't taken place in over a century but with a shortage of females among the werewolf population the males are getting worried they won't ever find their true mates. Meanwhile Decebel struggles with the emotions he is feeling towards Jen. He tries to keep his distance but there is just something about the mouthy blonde that keeps him coming back for more of her verbal abuse that he just can't seem to get enough of...go figure.
This book wasn't as good as book 2 so back to 4 stars. This book focusses mainly on Jen, one of Jacque's friends. I really liked seeing Jen become more important, but also found it a bit disapointed we almost got nothing from Jacque's point of view anymore. So this is both a plus and a min. Again the good points of this series just keep going in this book, good characters who develop even more in this book, multiple perspectives, nice focus on the mates of a werewolf etc.

One of the points that I felt where slightly good than the first two books was the story. The story and plot of this book was slightly less interesting than in the earlier books, less action and more fooling around. Also the story got a bit predictable and it felt like the story was only used as a stage to get two characters where they belonged.

In this book we also get introduced to a lot more characters and the cast of characters was already huge. So somtimes I had problems remembering who was who. There are so many characters and then we also get to see a lot of their persepctives. But the less important characters where those who I just couldn't remember, I have had a few times in this book that I wondered did we know this character already or not?

I liked seeing the characters develop some more in this book. While the main character of this book is Jen, Sally and Jacque also stay important. There are some nice character developments in this book and we get to know them better again. The bad guy in this book was a bit boring, his plan wasn't that good and his motivation wasn't developed that good. But the ending gives me the feeling that the next book will have a better bad guy or girl.

Another point that I have to mention is the ending. The last book already ended in a cliffhanger, but I didn't mention it then because I had the next book already and could just continue the series. This book ends again in a cliffhanger. And a really bad cliffhanger if I may say so. It feels like the author just forgot to write a few chapters, the issues of this book aren't resolves in a nice way and there is no ending. It just feels like the book suddenly stops. And the next book isn't out yet. Damn I hate cliffhangers.

Well that being said I still really enjoyed this book. This series really grows on me and I love reading about Jacque and her friends and the werewolves. It is just a very enjoyable story and all the minpoints about the writing style have totally diapeared by this point. This books reads fluently and now I even like the writing style.

To conclude: a very enjoyable read. The characters are great and I like seeing them develop. The only minpoints of this book are: the less interesting story, a bit too many new characters are introduced and it ends in a terrible cliffhanger. With each book that I read in this series I start to like it more and I can't wait to read the next book!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing the reviews! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment