Friday, March 23

Howl

Howl
Annalise Grey

Publication Date: 2012
Finish Date: March 23, 2012
Format: e-book


From goodreads: Nineteen year old Sophie Matthews is a line-walker between two worlds - human and werewolf. She lives around humans but is never truly part of their world. That is, until she is spotted by a hiker. What should have been a passing glance becomes so much more as Sophie falls for the one thing she is forbidden from ever having: a human mate. Adding to her stress is newcomer Daniel, the arrogant wolf on Sophie's tail. Then several humans are killed by a mysterious and dangerous beast within the pack's hunting grounds. The humans begin whispering of wolf-men roaming the forest and the threat of discovery looms heavy around the pack. Everything is falling apart and Sophie realizes just how little control she has over her future. Will she risk everything - her heart, her family, and her safety - for a chance to control her own fate?



I ended up really liking this book. When i started it began as a simple nice and quick read. It was even a bit rushed, but as I read further it became more of a story and I began to like the book more.

Well the book starts out a bit strange and rushed, the lead character Sophie is a werewolf who falls in love with a human. The falling in love part goes a bit fast and rushed, it felt like love at first sight and I had problems understanding why they loved each other. But much more is happening, hikers are going missing, Sophie's sister get's twins and everyhting happens a bit fast and rushed. But after some time the pace seems to slow down and I really started liking the book then.

I have to admit that the characters weren't that likeable. I just couldn't get a grip who was who, Sophie has a large family. This is due to the fact that werewolves always get twins or more,
I really liked this special attribute the author made up to make her werewolves just a bit different from the usual ones. But due to this big family there are many names and family members and we only get to know a bit more about some of them. This made it really difficult for me to get an idea who everyone was and what their personlities are. As the book progresses I did start to like the characters we heard most of more.

I did like the way the author described the werewolf aspects of this story. She made up some small little details that make her werewolves different from the usual ones. An example was
the fact that werewolves only get twins, like mentioned before, another one is the fact that their eyes change colour as they grow older. In the beginning of this book I found that there was a bit too less werewolf action, this does get more later, but I would've liked a bit more werewolf action.

The story starts out as a light and simple read, but it does get more complicated, darker and better the further you read. I liked seeing this story develop, but I think the beginning could've been done a bit better. I also have a complaint about the ending, after a nice and deep talk the book suddenly ends. And there are so many lose threads left, I didn't know what to make of it. The ending is too sudden and inconclusive. Many questions are left unanshwered.

To conclude: a nice book. It starts out a bit rushed and with insta love, but the boook get's better
as it progresses. I like the unique details the author gave her werewolves. There where a bit too many characters to really get a sense of who is who, but all in all it is an enjoyable read.




Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I'm glad to hear the story gets more complex as the book progresses. This sounds like a book worth checking out. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment