Wednesday, April 25

Review: Becoming A Butterfly

Becoming A Butterfly
Mia Castile

Publication Date: May 22, 2012
Date Read: April 25, 2012
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Review Copy from Author
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12607835-becoming-a-butterfly
From Goodreads:
16 years old Lacey was never the center of attention, unless she was tripping, stammering, or being deposited into a pool by the local popular kids. All she wanted was to fit in, until one night when everything changed.
Jade and Tasha, her two best friends, helped her create an online personality that was everything she wanted to be - and it was only the beginning. In doing so she attracted the attention of Henry, her lifelong crush and next door neighbor. Unfortunately it was Farrah her online personality and not herself he was interested in.
She also attracted Chase the brooding, quiet, anti-social new kid of Brownsburg High School, who easily figured out her secret and blackmailed her. They forged a friendship that was both unique and complicated.
Lacey must decide if revealing herself to Henry and her entire school as the cool, charming, and funny Farrah is worth possibly losing him forever, and she finds herself needing to make an even harder decision than she ever thought possible. When did the lines between truth and lies get so blurred?

Becoming a Butterfly is a story about coming of age and finding yourself when you never knew you were lost.


"I feel safe with Chase, like he sees me for who I really am, and who I want to be."

Mia has done it again. She has come out with another novel that I fell head over heels for. This book was so good and when I started it I meant to read a few chapters and then study for a bit. A few hours later no studying has been done but the book has been finished. It completely drew me it and I really loved reading this.

Lacey has always wanted to fit in but she stands out. She is the 'loser' girl and all she wants is to be liked. One night of fun and an online joke suddenly changes Lacey's life forever. In pretending to be her new online persona she attracts the attention of her next door neighbour Henry, a.k.a the guy she;s crushed over forever! But suddenly the joke is going on and Lacey wants Henry to like her for her, not some pretend personality online. But one lie leads to another and she finds herself in a web she cannot untangle. To complicate matters she has caught the attention of Chase, the new guy at school who sees through her lies and they start a new and strangely complicated relationship. Will Lacey be able to get out of her tangle of lies and how can she be certain it is worth it when what she's been waiting for may be standing right in front of her.

I really enjoyed this book. After reading Mia's other novels I couldn't wait to read this so when she sent me it for review I so did a happy dance and couldn't wait to start. I was expecting and amazing romance like her other book 'The Ocean' but I was very surprised. Sure it has romance in it but this book is about so much more than that. It's main storyline is being happy with who you are and self-discovery. I loved that the book was Lacey's journey of self-discovery and I couldn't put it down as I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen.

I really sympathised with Lacey. I can definitely relate, she was the loser at school who got ridiculed but all she wanted was to fit in. I think anyone can relate with that and it makes it very easy for you to sympathise with her. I definitely did. Half of the time I just wanted to give her a hug the other half I wanted to shake her and say "Open your eyes and see what's in front of you." I really enjoyed this book but I would have like to see a bit more romance between Lacey and Chase at the end. 
All in all I thought it was great.

"You never needed that wig. You're perfect as you."




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment