Tuesday, April 24

Review: Tempting the Best Man

Tempting The Best Man
J. Lynn

Publication Date: April 23, 2012
Date Read: April 24, 2012
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book

Photobucket
From Goodreads:
Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70’s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first...



"You... you are my world. You've always been my world, ever since I can remember."


When I heard about this book only this morning I instantly needed to download it for my Kindle and read it. For those of you who don't know J. Lynn is a pseudonym for Jennifer L Armentrout. Now you see why I had to read it? Tempting the Best Man is an adult contemporary romance that completely and utterly blew me away.


Madison has always had feelings for her brother's best friend Chase. Even though he has been as ass to her again and again she still can't stop loving him. But after one night years ago now they can't stop fighting. When they are forced together as the Maid of Honor and Best Man at her brother's wedding sparks are bound to fly. But is Chase really the ass that he had acted like in the past? And can Madison really fight her feelings for Chase?


I absolutely adored this book and man is it hot! As soon as I heard of this I instantly had to get it ad read it straight away. I have read so many contemporary romance books and let me say this is one of my all time favourites. As part of Entangled's Indulgence collection I wanted to read it and is the fourth of the Entangled Indulgence books that I have read. The other three were good. This was amazing!


I have come to the conclusion that Jennifer can write anything, ANYTHING, and I will just adore it. I read this in one sitting I could not put it down. If you loved Jennifer's Covenant and Lux series go buy this. If you think she is an incredible paranormal writer well she's an incredibly awesome Contemporary Romance writer as well and I was completely hooked into this story from the first chapter. I couldn't put it down and when I was supposed to be studying instead I just kept reading.


The characters in this book are just incredible. I loved them. Maddie is amazing. I love her. She is hilarious and had me laughing so much. Especially when she was drunk. It was hilarious! I love how strong yet emotionally vulnerable she was. I thought it was an incredible mix for a character. 
Chase, oh, Chase. Can Jennifer ever write a character who you don't completely 100% fall head over heels in love with? NO! It's not going to happen. I really love Chase and I loved how cocky he was but then we saw the softer side to him as well.
The best parts about our two main characters is their explosive relationship. You can really feel that deep down they both love each other but they both have such powerful personalities that the sparks fly and it definitely feels like a love/hate relationship.


Usually I am not a huge fan of third person perspectives but I really loved it in this book. I thought it really worked as you still got to see inside the heads of both Maddie and Chase. I loved that you got to see the perspectives of both characters and I feel like it made me love that characters more. If we didn't get to see inside of Chase's head I don't think I would love his as much as we didn't.


Overall this is an amazing Contemporary Romance and I loved every single moment of it. It just confirmed that Jennifer is the best author and she couldn't write one thing that I wouldn't love. I don't even need to know what her books are about just that she wrote them is enough for me to read them. If you love Contemporary Romance books then this is a must-read. It's a very hot book with lots of tension between the characters. I loved it and I'll definitely be re-reading.


"There is no one else - there's never been anyone else for me but you."


Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love your review, I'll love the book too. Kisses (I'm christyna_bm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your review Kay! After I finish reading Sweet Evil I will read this and then we can chat about it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment