Wednesday, April 25

Shadows (Lux #0.5)

Shadows (lux #0.5)
Jennifer L Armentrout

Publication Date: February 21, 2012
Finish Date: April 25, 2012
Format: e-book

Photobucket


 From Goodreads: The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.

Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.


This is a prequel and I am giving it 5 stars, which is very unusual for me. But to be honest this didn't feel like a prequel. I expected it to be short and a bit rushed, like many prequels are, but this was nothing like that. It felt like a short novella, we get to know how Dawson and Bethany met. And instead of it being rushed it is written in the same pace as obsidian. It was shorter than a normal book, but I actually didn't really notice it. It was just the perfect lenght to tell their story.

Just like Obsidian this book has that keep-reading-feel. I really liked the story. When you have read Obsidian you already know the global lines of what is going to happen, but reading and seeing the events develop is so much different. Dawson and Bethany become two characters, with their own personalities instead of just Deamons brother and his girlfriend.

I really liked getting to know Dawson and Bethany, they are so sweet and their relationship is just perfect. It's very different from the romance in Obsidian, but both romances are done very well. I felt like I really got an idea of who Dawson and Bethany were and we even get some more insight in the rest of the characters like Deamon. We get to see him from an entirly different perspective now and his behavior in obsidian suddenly makes more sense.

To conclude: I really enjoyed this book. I liked the story and the characters. I couldn't put it down and really enjoyed it. If you liked obsidian you should definitely read this book, although I think it's best when you read obsidian first. I am really looking forward to the next book in this series!


Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this!! I've yet to read Shadows but Obsidian & Onyx were amazing ;) One day! Thanks for the review!

    Lisa | Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment