Tuesday, May 29

Review: Too Hot To Handle

Too Hot To Handle
Aleah Barley

Publication Date: May 15, 2012
Date Finished: May 28, 2012
Source: Review Copy from Entangled Publishing
Format: E-Book

Photobucket
From Goodreads:
She was playing with fire...

Honey Moore has made her pledge: no more stealing cars and no more lusting after Jack Ogden. But when an arsonist torches her house and chases her all over Los Angeles, she’s forced to throw herself on Jack’s mercy. No one will look for a convicted felon in an LAPD detective’s apartment, right?

…and he didn't want to get burned

Jack doesn’t need a woman like Honey in his life. She might be sexy, but trouble follows her everywhere. But it’s hard to walk away from someone who lives at full throttle—and even harder to keep her safe. Now he’ll have to sacrifice everything to protect Honey from the arsonist determined to kill her.



"He was a double fudge sundae with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and cookie crumbles. Beautiful. Rich. Bad for her."


Wow. Another totally hot short book for romance fans to swoon over. I really enjoyed 'Too Hot To Handle' and I was plesently surprised by it. I had never heard of Aleah before so when I was offered the chance to read this for Entangled Publishing I jumped at the chance. I have read quite a few Entangled Romance titles and loved so many of them. This isn't one of my favourites from their line but that in no way means I didn't enjoy it. It was so good and made me swoon as good romance books should.


Honey is a petty thief. After coming from a criminal background she knows there is no chance for her to be with her childhood crush. No matter her feelings, she is a criminal and Jack is a honerable cop. But when they meet again sparks fly and can two people from very different backgrounds end up with a happy ending?


I really enjoyed Too Hot To Handle and found myself really sucked into this story of the doomed love between a petty criminal with her life in danger and the cop who has always loved her and will do anything to protect her. Both main characters were incredible and I really enjoyed seeing their relationship develop throughout the book.


I really loved that the two of them were so different. One a petty criminal and one a cop and I love how their relationship was so close and they both meant so much to each other. The thing that really irritated me was that they were both so totally in love with each other and it just took so long for them to get their act together and I just knew it was going to happen and was just sat waiting for it to happen.


This is a great storyline and I really enjoyed reading this story. If you are a romance fan then you will definitely enjoy this story.


"You stole my heart a long time ago, and I never really got it back."


Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment