Monday, May 14

Review: Worth The Risk

Worth The Risk
Robin Bielman

Publication Date: April 25, 2012
Date Finished: May 14, 2012
Source: Review Copy from Entangled Publishing
Format: E-Book


From Goodreads:
Their love was ancient history...until their paths crossed again.

Samantha Bennett put Dean Malloy out of her mind five years ago, when he broke her heart after a summer fling. But now he's back in her life, and ready to steal a heritage protection contract that could make or break her career--if he doesn't steal her heart first. Samantha's vowed to hate him, but it's more than anger heating the competition between them.

With sparks flying across the conference table and sizzling in every touch, Dean proposes a weekend liaison. Anything to have Sam again; anything to get her out of his system. But the unresolved feelings between them complicate both their personal and professional lives, and one wild weekend could turn into a disaster that would destroy the one job that means more to Samantha than anything. For a shot at love...is it worth the risk?



"Happy feelings drugged her body, so much that she thought she might lose consciousness."


Worth The Risk is another short romance title from the incredible Entangled Publishing so when I got the chance to review this book I couldn't turn it down. There is not one Entangled title that I have read and not completely and utterly loved. This was no exception and I loved every moment of it.


Samantha has done everything she can to make it on her own. After falling head-over-heels in love with Dean Malloy and having her heart broken by him five years ago she still couldn't get over him and the impression he made had an impact on her career. Seeing his passion for the environment all those years ago left her wanting to work in that area too. So when she gets the chance to secure a contract she jumps at it and is confident she can make this work. She has to, or her job in on the line. But when she runs into Dean again, this time as her competition, sparks fly and past feelings arise once again. Can she really compete against Dean while keeping a level head and protecting her heart or are some things worth the risk?


I loved this book. It was amazing. These Entangled romance shorts become some of my all-time favourite books and I just fall in love with them. This wasn't an exception and I loved every minute of it. Samantha is such an awesome character and I love her. I love the indecision we see in her and we feel as if we go on a journey with her. She is so dedicated to her work and wants to protect her heart at all costs but she can't get over her love and attraction to Dean and who would? He's a total swoon-worthy lead male. I swooned so many times throughout the book and it definitely made me want to find my own Dean because he is just perfect. I loved both characters they were great leads and I just couldn't stop reading about their incredible relationship.


As with romance novels all the time I get a little annoyed. Every one I read the girl is in love with the guy, the guy is in love with the girl, but nothing happens and they don't admit it until the end. I know this is the point in romance books but come on, a little communication people and this could have been resolved chapters ago. Still, I love these kinds of books. I find them predictable and always know how it's going to end up, with them professing their undying love for each other and living happily ever after. We all know how it goes and we can guess that before we've read a whole chapter. BUT, I love every moment of it and I love experiencing that journey with the characters until we get to that part.


If you love books with a smart, head-strong heroine and I totally hot, swoon-worthy guy this is the book for you. I loved it. Amazing.


"I plan on loving you all over this great big world."


Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment