Tuesday, July 3

Hana (Delirium #1.5)

Hana (Delirium #1.5)
Lauren Oliver

Publication Date: February 28, 2012
Finish Date: June 29, 2012
Format: e-book

From Goodreads: The summer before they're supposed to be cured of the ability to love, best friends Lena and Hana begin to drift apart. While Lena shies away from underground music and parties with boys, Hana jumps at her last chance to experience the forbidden. For her, the summer is full of wild music, dancing—and even her first kiss.

But on the surface, Hana must be a model of perfect behavior. She meets her approved match, Fred Hargrove, and glimpses the safe, comfortable life she’ll have with him once they marry. As the date for her cure draws ever closer, Hana desperately misses Lena, wonders how it feels to truly be in love, and is simultaneously terrified of rebelling and of falling into line.

In this digital story that will appeal to fans of Delirium and welcome new admirers to its world, readers will come to understand scenes from Delirium through Hana's perspective. Hana is a touching and revealing look at a life-changing and tumultuous summer.


Hana is a short story that doens't feel like a short story. It immediately drew me into the story. I really wonder why it took me so long to pick this up. It's a great read and really makes me looking forward to read the next book in this series.

This story is about Hana, Lena's best friend. Lena and Hana grow apart in delirium and now we see a bit of what happened to Hana. We now get to see her side of the story and I really liked it. I still don't understand hana entirely and think we it would be nice if we got more explanation about the descision she makes at the end. But all in all I loved seeing things from her side and getting another perspective.

Because this takes place during delirium you actually know a few things that are going to happen. This makes it a bit sad, because you know it won't end alright and I am sad we still don't understand entirely why. There is still enough room for interpertation.

Although it was short, this story did convey enough emotion and depth which made it feel longer. I was really drawn into Hana's world. I would like to read more from her perspective.

I also really love the authors writing style. It's quite different from other books, it's a bit like a poem. Not only is it told what happens, but we also get a bit of a view on some of the stranger thoughts in Hana's head. There are many sentences that are beautifull and confusing at the same time.

I give most short stories 3 stars, because they feel rushed and short. I didn't had that problem with Hana. Hana didn't feel like a short story (although ofcourse it is short).

To conclude: a great short story. I really enjoyed it, but was a bit disappointed we still didn't get the whole explantion about Hana's behavior.



Photobucket

1 comments:

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment