Monday, July 30

Review: Arson (Arson #1)

Arson (Arson #1)
Estevan Vega

Publication Date: May 4, 2010
Date Read: July 30, 2012
Source: Review Copy from Author
Format: E-Book

Photobucket
From Goodreads:
ARSON is the first book in a Young Adult Paranormal series. Book two, ASHES, is also available now. 

ARSON GABLE FEELS LIKE A FREAK. HE CAN CREATE FIRE. HE NEVER ASKED FOR IT. HE NEVER WANTED IT. BUT HE CAN'T SHUT IT OFF.

Before now, three things were true: he both loved and despised his grandmother; his life was going nowhere; and he was alone. But when a strange girl--who feels more normal behind a mask than inside her own skin--moves in next door, Arson hopes to find something he's never had: purpose. After years of living in fear, he will be forced to confront his haunting past and embrace the unknown as he walks the fine line between boy and monster. Edgy, realistic, and breathtaking, Arson, the chilling chronicle of an isolated teenager with unimaginable ability, is set to ignite the hearts and minds of a new generation.



Wow, I don't really know what I was expecting when I started this book but I was just not prepared for the incredible ride you go on throughout this book. When I was asked to review this book I said yes because I had heard of the book before and I just love this new repackaged cover. It's so gorgeous. Although I had heard of the book I hadn't read any reviews on it so I didn't know what to expect. I didn't go on to read some reviews before starting as I wanted to go into it with no predisposed opinions. This book is fantastic. I really loved it.


Arson Gable believes he is a monster. Cursed. With the ability to control fire and burn anyone at any moment Arson keeps to himself. But when a strange girl in a mask moves in next door Arson finds himself drawn to her. Can he trust himself to be friends with her? Or is he doomed to be secluded forever?


I loved this book. It's true that I wasn't really sure what to think at the beginning. I was a little confused and unsure what was going on but I kept reading and I was so glad that I did. As soon as Emery came into the story then for me that's when it picked up and started to really enjoy it. She is by far my favourite character. I love her. 


I loved trying to work out what was going on with all of the characters in this book. Like why was Emery hiding behind this mask? What happened to her in the past that made her like this? The same goes for Arson. What's happened so that he believes he is a monster?


One of the things I really loved about this book is that you saw the perspectives of so many characters. You saw through the eyes of Arson, Emery, Kay, Joel and Aimee and I really loved that. I am a big fan of split perspective books as I love the feeling that we are getting more than one story in the novel, we are getting many through the different perspectives of each character and that was one of the things that I really loved about this book.


I thought the storyline was really interesting and there was a lot of action at the very end. I am definitely an action kind of girl so throughout most of the book I kept hoping that there was more action. I definitely got that wish right at the end and I am really excited about book 2. The ending of Arson is one of those endings that leaves you reeling and on the edge of your seat dying to see what would happen next.


I will definitely be reading the next book in this series at some point. I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to see what happens with all of the characters. I think Estevan has done a fantastic job with Arson, coming up with a great unique story, unlike anything I have read before, and I am very excited to see where the story goes from here. A great start to a new series.


Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book too!! Wait until you read Ashes, you will get your action, trust me! (@HollyBerry1980)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockin! Glad it finally hooked ya! My job is complete. muwahahaha!

    evega

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know this book, but now it's on my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich ωeіß genau, ωie ich einen Mann glücklich tun dагf.
    Ich liebe еѕ, wenn ісh mich аuf den Mann einlasѕen und er
    mich fіcκеn kаnn. Βei einеm geilen
    Αmatеur Ѕex ԁank Amateur Lіvecam κönnte alles gesehen.


    Magst du ԁir meinе Website аnschauen? sexkontakte wien

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment