Friday, July 13

Review: Eden-West

Eden-West (Eden #2)
Janelle Stalder

Publication Date: July 2012
Date Finished: July 13, 2012
Source: ARC from Janelle Stalder
Format: E-Book

Photobucket
From Goodreads:
New beginnings, new conflicts, and new adventures arise in the second installment of the Eden Series, Eden-West.

Months after his initial journey to Eden, Aiden is learning to cope with his own transformation. His social status has changed, his friendship with his best friend Ethan is in jeopardy because of it, and worst of all, he has heard absolutely nothing from his new friends in Eden. What has become of the world he fell in love with? Are his friends safe? Is the war over? With no answers, and no hope for contact, Aiden decides to focus on his life in his world.

Just as he makes this decision, he encounters a familiar bright light and thinks he knows exactly what it means. Except the light isn’t at all what he expects and neither is the person behind it. When Aiden returns to Eden, it is to a whole new part of that special world, and a whole new set of adventures. 

Weeks after Aiden was returned to his own world, Elisa is sent to Nysa, the revered Southern city, to retrieve the one thing she’d rather avoid – Wolf. Captain Turk instructed her to get in and get out - but that is easier said than done. When she finds her missing friend, she also stumbles upon a great deal of trouble. This trouble goes by one name – Markus, the leader of the Sun People. 

Follow all your favourite characters as they ready themselves for battle and fight for a world threatened to be destroyed.



"Everyone makes their own paths in life if they want to, you just have to try."


Wow! I have no idea where to even start with this review. I was lucky enough to receive Eden for review from the amazing Janelle last year and I fell in love with this amazing world so to be the first one to read and review the sequel, Eden-West, it's fair to say I was very very excited. I thought nothing would be able to beat the first book in this series but I was so wrong. Eden-West is phenomenal and I cannot gush about it enough.


Aiden is just settling back into his every day life after his trip to Eden but all of a sudden he is pulled from his world back into Eden. But are the reasons for him being there really good reasons? Aiden believes something sinister is at play and with the help of new friend, Moose, he is determined to find out what it is.


Janelle is fast becoming one of my favourite authors of all time. Whenever I start her book I cannot put them down until they are done and end up usually reading them in one sitting. Eden-West was no different. I was completely sucked back into the world of Aiden and his travelling between the normal world and Eden from the very first page. One of the things I love most about this series is that it doesn't just tell one story but you get multiple stories within the one novel. You have Aiden's story and you follow his journey but then you also have the story of Elisa, Wolf and Logan, Aiden's friends from book 1 and then the story of the awesome Callum and Brutus, the other side of the war. I was fully prepared to be completely anamoured by Callum's side of the story as he was my favourite character in book 1, however all the way through the book I wished we could just get back to the store with Elisa and Wolf. To me Eden-West is definitely their story and I loved every second of it.


My favourite character in Eden-West? Wolf without a doubt. I really liked Wolf in book 1 but now he is my new book boyfriend. I totally fell for him, though I do believe he needs a smack in the head to knock some sense into him! Him and Elisa are obviously madly in love with each other but both are too damn stubborn to admit it. I just wanted to reach into the book and push them together... or bang their heads together to knock some sense into them. One of the two, either way they need to be together. Their is one of those epic love stories where they just have to be together as anything else just wouldn't be right. Plus I would probably want to kill Janelle if they don't end up together. I have high hopes for their story in the future books in this series.


One thing Janelle is superb at in this series is getting conflicted emotions from you. I was laughing one minute and heartbroken and crying the next. This book has it all, it is fast-paced and action-packed and will leave you breathless wondering what could possibly happen next. I was just completely shocked by the ending and I just need to know what is going to happen right now! If you loved Eden then you will adore Eden-West. It completely surpassed my expectations, which were already really high, and I cannot wait to see what will happen next.


A heart-stopping and breath-taking sequel that will leave you begging for more. Without a doubt a must-read for any fantasy fan!


"You are the most beautiful creature I have ever met, and the only thing in my life that makes me truly happy."


Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment