Saturday, July 21

Review: Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3)

Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3)
Kiersten White

Published By: Harper Teen
Publication Date: July 24, 2012
Date Read: July 21, 2012
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Review Copy from Harper Collins UK
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9064899-endlessly
From Goodreads:
Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.



"Can I tango back in there, instead? So much sexier than the waltz."


Wow. I cannot believe that this series has come to an end. It is so sad to see this series end. What a perfect ending to the series. I loved every moment of this book. It was just fantastic.


Evie has fought so hard to be normal. To have a normal life and a normal relationship with her boyfriend, Lend. But when both are paranormals it's difficult to have a normal life. When Evie's destiny catches up with her she is thrown back into the paranormal world and it is down to her to save them all. For Good! Can she help all the paranormals and still have her happy ever after with Lend?


I really enjoyed this book. I was so excited when I got this for review from Harper Collins Publishing. I really loved Paranormalcy, the first book in the Paranormalcy Trilogy. It's such a unique paranormal series. There's so many paranormal series that are very dark and dramatic so to find this one so light and funny I loved that. It was definitely a welcome change and a great addition to the genre.


Unfortunately when I read Supernaturally, the second book, I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Paranormalcy. I found that Evie, the character whom I loved so much in the first book had changed quite a lot and I didn't really like the way she was acting. Because of this I wondered how much I would actually love the third book in the series. I started Endlessly straight away as soon as I got it as I just needed to know how the series ended. Gladly, the Evie I love is back in force! She is back to her bubbly, funny self and there were many parts of the book that I was giggling to myself because her one-liners are just brilliant.


Kiersten White is such a talented author. I really loved this series and I love how she turned a series that could have been so dark and drastic, as it does have there serious things and themes happening that could have made a heart-stopping dramatic book, but she turns it into something light and funny and I adored that. This series is still heart-stopping and unputdownable, particularly Endlessly, but it's in a light and funny way and that is the thing I love most about this series.


This book had me laughing my head off one moment and then heart-stopping and shocked the next. Evie really goes on a great journey throughout this book and I felt like she really grew up a lot in this book. If you look at what she is like at the beginning of Paranormalcy and then what she is like at the end of this one you can really see how much she has grown and how far she has come as a character. 


The love triangle definitely finds a fantastic conclusion. I always thought I knew who I wanted her to end up with *cough* Team Lend *cough*. All the way through the other two books I never really liked Reth. My opinion changed in this book. Me and Reth have a very love-hate relationship. At times I love him, at times I hate him but you really see a different side to him throughout Endlessly and as we reached the conclusion of the series I loved him. To me the ending for all of the characters was truly perfect.


I really love this series and it is one I will re-read again and again. To me the ending was perfect and everything happened exactly as it should have. I am very sad to see the series go as I have really enjoyed it but what I love is that Kiersten has ended it after three books as she always planned. I know that as much as I do not want to let go of these characters, if she wrote more books then it would have become dragged out unnecessarily and ruined my love for this series. It was perfectly planned out and the ending was perfect.


I know, I know, I am saying perfect a lot but to me that's what it was. Completely and utterly perfect. I can't think of a better ending for the series and I would recommend this series to everyone. If you didn't like Supernaturally much but loved Paranormalcy I would definitely recommend reading Endlessly as it totally makes up for it.


"The only world for me is the one you're in."




3 comments:

  1. Kayleigh I haven't read this series, I love the covers and your review has me adding them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY so excited to get to this one. Glad you liked it.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun review. The series sounded "perfect." :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment