Sunday, July 15

Review: Sweet Evil (Sweet Trilogy #1)

Sweet Evil (Sweet Trilogy #1)
Wendy Higgins

Published By: Harper Teen
Publication Date: May 1, 2012
Date Read: July 14, 2012
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 454
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11808950-sweet-evil
From Goodreads:
Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?



"Those two need each other like a bullet needs a target."


Sweet Evil in a word is: Brilliant.
I don't know what I was expecting when I picked up this book but it totally surpassed all expectations. I was completely and utterly blown away with this book. I absolutely loved every single moment of it. I couldn't put it down.


Anna has always been different. Able to see the colours of people's feelings she has always kept to herself. It's always just been her and her best-friend Jay. But then she meets the mysterious and drop-dead-gorgeous Kaidan. A cocky musician who seems to know exactly what she can do and what she is. But how can he know what she is when she doesn't even know herself? Suddenly Anna is thrown into the world of fallen angels and Nephilim. She's always been a good girl but can she really stay that way when there is something dark inside her just waiting to come out? 


I loved this book. I started it after being told again and again by Tara from Tater's Tall Tales how brilliant this book is. I finally decided to pick it up after being on my shelf for around a month. When I saw this book I instantly wanted to read it. Come on, look at that cover, really who wouldn't? It's stunning. Well the cover is nothing compared to that absolute awesomeness that is in those pages. I was hooked right from the start and could not put it down. 


Kaidan, *sigh* where do I start with Kaidan? He's cocky and thinks way too much of himself but you can't help but love him. I instantly fell in love with Kaidan as soon as we met him. He's a drop dead gorgeous yet mysterious musician. Who wouldn't love him? He is so amazing and I probably looked like a complete and utter idiot when reading this book as I was reading with a big grin on my face and that was completely because of Kaidan. He is the typical bad boy and every girl will love him.


Anna is such a great lead heroine. I really loved her. I loved how naive she was at first since she has grown up in the dark to this world not knowing it existed and I loved seeing her journey as she discovered who she really was and went about finding more about herself and her heritage. I feel like she really grew a lot as a character throughout the book and by the end she is this strong heroine who is ready to take on the world and fight it if she has to and I loved that about her.


Anna and Kaidan's relationship has to be the best part of the book to me. I just loved their relationship and how it went from a hateful relationship to finding out more about each other and seeing the romance begin. Everybody knows that I am a complete and utter hopeless romantic and forbidden love? I am a sucker for it. All I wanted was for them to find a way to be together. To me Anna and Kaidan's relationship is one of those epic love stories you get in novels where they have to be together but they'll have to go to hell and back to get there. I have every faith that they will end up together in the end. They just have to.


This is such a fantastic book and any lover of Paranormal Romance will adore this one. I couldn't put it down. I swooned, laughed and cried throughout it. My heart totally and completely broke throughout the duration of the book and I ended up finishing the book in tears. You know it's a fantastic book and a fantastic author if they can make me feel so much emotion that I cry. Wendy Higgins is such a fantastic author and I will definitely be reading all her future books to come. I think this is one of the best debut novels I have ever read and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next. I can't wait for the second book in this series.


Such a fantastic start to a series. The whole book is breath-taking and heart-stopping. If you want a book with heart-stopping action and breath-taking romance then this book is the one for you.


"For starters? I want to introduce myself to every freckle on your body."




3 comments:

  1. Brilliant! The perfect word for this book and for our boy Kai!!! Fabulous book and review girl!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA YEA YEA!!!! *throws confetti* I so knew you would love this book!!!!! And you are so welcome!!!! AHHHH yea, now I can gush about Kaidan to you!! And now you know why I wanted to be his advocate!!! It's amazing and man!!! Yea!!! You should reread the book and experience it again because it's even better the second time!!!!

    Tara
    TatersTallTails.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Added it. If you say it's brilliant, who am I to disagree???????
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment