Thursday, August 2

Review: Cursed

Cursed
Jennifer L Armentrout

Publication Date: September 18, 2012
Date Finished: June 30, 2012
Source: Review Copy from Spencer Hill Press
Format: Paperback
Pages: 312

Photobucket


From Goodreads:
Dying sucks--and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he’s a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she’s more than interested. There’s just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she’s willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't?

But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she’s not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.



"Hayden was kind of drool-worthy. Okay. Not kind of. Definitely drool-worthy."

Wow, I don't even know where to start with this review. Cursed was the first book by Jennifer L Armentrout I ever heard about. It's been added to my must-have list for over a year so you can imagine my excitement when I found out I was getting it for review from the awesome Spencer Hill Press. Since hearing about (and dying to read) Cursed last year I have read all of Jennifer's other books and she is just amazing. I adore both the Lux and Covenant series and have fell in love with her adult book Tempting The Best Man too. I knew Cursed would be incredible. I did not under any circumstances expect it to be this incredible. If I had to describe cursed in one word it would be: Phenomenal!

Ember has a gift, well she sees it as more of a Curse. Ever since that fatal accident that left her dead and her gifted sister brought her back she hasn't been able to touch anything living. Her touch is toxic and kills. When Ember meets the mysterious but gorgeous Hayden she thinks he hot (obviously) and crazy but when he suggests there may be a way to control her gift Ember can't help but try. But was the accident that left Ember with this gift really an accident, or is someone still out there after her? 

I seriously cannot put my thoughts about this book into words. I just want to scream "IT'S AWESOME! READ IT NOW!" When Cursed came through my door this week I started squealing and jumping round like a crazy woman. After reading: I want to squeal and jump round the room like a crazy woman because it is just that phenomenal. Minutes after finishing reading Cursed I wanted to go back to the beginning and read it all again. Jennifer is without a doubt the most amazing author in the world. There is nothing, NOTHING she could ever write that I would absolutely adore and completely obsess over. Cursed is definitely 100% different from all her other books but it is just as addictive and brilliant. I think this really shows her versatility as an author and I am convinced that there is no author in this world that is better than she.

Ember is such a fantastic character. I really love her. You really feel for Ember throughout the book. I mean really how could you not. She can't touch anyone. She can't even hold her beloved sister's hand. I think Ember is such a strong character. She breaks down and is very emotional but she is so strong to keep fighting. To keep going and look after her little sister after all the things that has happened to her. If those things had happened to me I'm pretty sure I'd be in a mental institute banging my head of the padded walls.

Hayden, oh where do I even start with Hayden. He is just the perfect guy. I definitely have a new book boyfriend. He is so sweet and perfect and he is the character every girl wishes was real and that they'd fall in love with her. He's so adorable. And hot! Very hot! Prepare to drool and swoon and sigh. A LOT! But really what did you expect, all of Jennifer's lead male characters make you drool and swoon and sigh. I have never in my life read such a hot scene where the characters aren't even touching. 

This book is just phenomenal. It has you guessing what's going to happen and it has so many twists and turns it will leave you dizzy. From the very first page I could not put this book down. It's heart-stopping and exciting and every page leaves you breathless and needing more. I think Cursed is my favourite book of all time, yea not just of Jennifer's but ever. But really no books in the world can top Jennifer's her books are just that good. Cursed is a mind-blowing story that is unputdownable and will stay with you long after you have finished the last page.

I cannot praise this book enough. The last thing I will leave you with is this:
GO BUY IT NOW! 
If I could give this book a million stars I would. This book is not to be missed out on. A must-read that I will read over and over again!

"You know my dad has always thought that Olivia was the amazing one, the one who has this remarkable gift. But I've always thought it was you."

Photobucket
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. You had me at "phenomenal" . But then before your review, i already knew this is going to be one of those "this is a must-read book" kind of review. We're actually the same, i heard about cursed even before jennifer's other books, and i still haven't read this! So...i can't wait. I like your "i have never in my liferead such a hot scenewhere the character arent even touching" comment. Cant wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Kayleigh. I loved Cursed. Hayden is so hot. Can't wait for everyone to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this book, but after your review I am going to have to go get this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally loved Ember and def think Hayden is drool worthy and then some.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyways, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!


    Here is my website ... Sidney Crosby Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Undeniably believe that which you stated.
    Your favorite justification seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to
    be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider worries that they just do not know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect ,
    people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.

    Thanks

    Look into my web page NFL Jerseys Wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blog you have here but I was curious if you knew of any message boards
    that cover the same topics discussed here? I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get feed-back from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Cheers!

    Check out my website; Louis Vuitton Purses

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's actually a great and useful piece of information. I'm
    glad that you just shared this helpful information with us.
    Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    Here is my page; Boutique Air Max [nysacpr.org]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Informative article, totally what I wanted to find.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post Sac A Main Louis Vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got this web site from my friend who informed me concerning this site and at the moment this time I am visiting
    this site and reading very informative articles here.


    Here is my weblog: Louis Vuitton Handbags ()

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

    Feel free to visit my website: Abercrombie Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  12. You actually make it appear so easy with your
    presentation but I to find this matter to be actually one thing that I feel I would by no
    means understand. It kind of feels too complex and very huge for me.
    I am having a look ahead to your next submit, I will attempt to get the hold of it!



    My webpage - cheap Louis vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I'm impressed! Very useful info specifically the last phase :) I take care of such information a lot. I used to be seeking this particular info for a very long time. Thanks and good luck.

    my blog post Air Max Femme

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got this web page from my friend who informed me on the topic of this web site and
    at the moment this time I am browsing this web site and reading
    very informative articles or reviews at this place.

    my weblog - Boutique Guess

    ReplyDelete
  15. She said they were everywhere and were always in her way and terrified her (she stay's way out of their way).

    hayday cheat And if
    that is not enough to worry about, there are the concerns that arise from the
    busy traffic. But they grow up into rabbits, and may live over ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful post! We are linking to this particularly great post on our website.
    Keep up the good writing.

    My blog post: bronx water testing day care

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was
    a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
    However, how can we communicate?

    Visit my webpage: evolution Battle For Utopia cheat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Howdy! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where
    I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the
    same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    Also visit my web site debatcawapres 2014

    ReplyDelete
  19. JS : " Eu nu ma vad dansand considerabil mai nou eliberarea sexuală Webb , Second Chances este disponibil 17 octombrie , prin urmare, eu înțeleg distanțat atât fizic ( el este internat în spital nedefinit ) și emoțional . ! .

    My homepage: http://lsjflee.phps.kr/xe/?document_srl=73921

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's truly a nice and helpful piece of information.I am satisfied that you shared this helpful info with us.
    Please stazy uss up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.


    Feel free to visiit my web blog: battlefield 4 ppc cheats codes - http://politecnica.sems.udg.mx,

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the admin of this site is truly working hard in favor of his site,
    since here every data is quality based stuff.


    my site leagueofangelshacktools.wordpress.Com

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment