Wednesday, August 8

Waiting on Wednesday (#1)

Photobucket


So I finally decided to start participating in Waiting on Wednesday meme. There are so many amazing books coming out the end of this year so I thought why not start this?


Unchained (Nephilim Rising #1)
J Lynn


Due For Release:  October 16, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Pages:  400


From Goodreads:
Between the pissed off creatures that want demon-hunter Lily Marks dead and the fallen angel who just… wants her, Lily is about ready to trade in forever for a comfy job in a cubicle farm. 

Mortal enemies, the fact that Lily and Julian are civil to one another is enough to have her thrown out of the Sanctuary. Even she can build a laundry list of why getting close to him is career suicide, but she can’t shake her not-so angelic stalker or how he brings her dangerously close to ecstasy. 

As if Lily already didn’t have enough problems, the hits just keep coming. Blindsided when a traitor is discovered working from within the Sanctuary, Lily is shocked to find he's determined to get her kicked out. Her relationship with Julian provides the perfect fuel for suspicion, and she quickly finds herself being hunted by well, everyone. Her only hope is to discover the real traitor before she loses everything—and she'll need Julian's help. That is, if Julian is really there to help her … or destroy her. 

Yeah, being a Nephilim isn’t everything it’s cracked up to be.


To anybody who knows me, it is not a big surprise that this is my number 1, cannot wait for this book. J Lynn a.k.a Jennifer L Armentrout, is my favourite author in the whole world. This will be the first in a adult series and I cannot wait for it. I am so excited to read this.
I have read and loved every single one of JLA's books. They are all just phenomenal so this is one I cannot wait for and am counting down the days until it is published.

Plus... look at that cover! Is that not one of the most kick-ass cover's you've ever seen. I had instant cover-love with this one.

Photobucket




Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian #5)
Diana Rowland

Due for Release: Decembre 31, 2012
Publisher: DAW
Pages: 304

From Goodreads: Kara Gillian is in Seriously Deep Trouble.
She's used to summoning supernatural creatures from the demon realm to our world, but now she's the one who's been summoned. Kara is the prisoner of the demonic Lord Msatl, but quickly discovers that she's far more than a mere hostage. He has his own plans to use Kara and keep her from Rhyzkahl-the demonic lord she is sworn to serve. However, waiting for rescue has never been Kara's style, and she has on intention of being a pawn in someone else's game.

Yet intrigue and treachery run rampant among all lords, and Kara is hard pressed to keep her wits about her. Her abilities as a homicide detective are put the the test as she seeks the truth about FBI Agent Ryan Kristoff, Rhyzkahl, and herself. But, the answers she finds only raise more questions. She soon discovers that she has her own history in the demon realm-one that goes back farther than she could have ever imagined. But that history may yet spell her doom as she’s faced with a peril beyond mortal comprehension.

She’s going to need all the strength and tenacity she’s developed as a cop and a summoner, or the hell she endures may well last forever.
After book 4 in this series ended in a massive cliffhanger I can't wait for this book. This series is becoming better and better whith each book and while book 1 was already very good, every book that followed just got better. It's a great series that has so many different elements from different genres combined, it has mystery, crime, romance, supernatural elements and a great story that weaves it all together. I must say I don't really like the cover, it looks a bit freaky, I still prefer the beautifull covers from the first two books. I just can't wait for this book. In every book smal pieces of the bigger plot are revealed and I have the feeling we get a huge piece of the bigger plot in this book. This series is really good, so if you haven't tried it yet, I recommend you to pick it up now!

4 comments:

  1. I don't do WWW. But I'm looking forward to Unchained!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see someon is in a JLA mood!!! I really cant wait to see how adult this adult book gets!!! i still need to read tempting the best man but i know she will know this out of the park! great pick lady!
    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Need Unchained and soon!!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment