Wednesday, September 19

Blog Tour: Surrender (Mimics of Rune #2) by Aimee Laine

Hey guys,
I am so excited to be taking part in the blog tour for Surrender, the second book in the mimics of rune series, by the incredible Aimee Laine.
Ever since reading the first book in her other series, Hide and Seek (Games of Zeus #1), I have been dying to read her other work. So when I got the chance to be on the blog tour for the second book, I jumped at the chance and rushed to Amazon to download the first book in the series, Little White Lies.

I still have this series to read but both of them are on my kindle now and I seriously cannot wait to read them.

Surrender (Mimics of Rune #2)
Aimee Laine

Publication Date: September 4, 2012
Published By: JTaylor Publishing


From Goodreads:
Face the past or look to the future? Both will hurt. One could kill her.

All her life, Lily Crane has supressed her childhood memories, masking the signs of abuse with a variety of looks. From brunette to blonde, tall to short — as a Mimic, changing shape is her gift. Her right. Her achilles heel.

It’s Lily’s latest likeness, chosen simply by accident, which threatens to repeat a history she’s desperate to forget. Worse, she must do so without the one man who takes all her pain away: Cael Aldridge.

Cael has no intention of leaving Lily on her own. He never has. Now, with the woman he loves in the hands of a predator who wants Lily for her genetics, Cael will do everything he can to bring her home.

Alive.

He can only pray he isn’t too late.

Now I am so happy to welcome the awesome Aimee Laine to K-Books today.

Hi Aimee
Thanks for taking the time to be on K-Books today.
Thank you for having me! 

Surrender, the second book in the Mimics of Rune series is about to be released. Are you excited about your first ‘second book’ to be let out into the world?
Tremendously excited. And nervous! I have two firsts out and firsts are just that ... firsts. I get the start a series, introduce characters and go forward, but with a second, I have to both remember what was in the first, add to it, not make it boring and make sure the next set of characters get their true focus. Now for me, this 'second' is a stand alone, so if you haven't read Little White Lies, that's okay! And hopefully, in writing Surrender, I'll have intrigued readers enough to pick up Charley and Wyatt's story. But here, I really focus on Lily and Cael—a relationship only hinted at in the first book. 
  
So for those not familiar with the series can you give us a quick description of the books?
The Mimics of Rune series is about a set of shape shifters who's entire life revolves around shifting into the forms, lives, characters and 'essence' of other people. Each have their own uniqueness, just like any person. They can't do magic. They aren't vampires. They aren't 'known' by everyone and there aren't many of them in the world. But, in this one pocket of North Carolina called, Rune, four of them have become a family, or chosen to be because it's easier that way. They live so long and if they find their perfect match and decide to make a family of their own, certain things happen to their shape shifting ability. So being a foursome (2 women, 2 men) is easier on the heart, the soul and the life in general. Of course, all that screws up in Little White Lies and now that Charley's story is told, it's time for Lily to open up her own! 

Where did you get the inspiration for the mimics of rune series from?
Honestly, it was on a car drive home from the grocery store. I said "Wouldn't it be cool if I could shape shift into any other person and be them?" That created Mimics but also another kind of shapeshifter which you will learn about in Surrender a little. 

Were there any characters that you had more fun developing and writing than others?
I LOVED writing Charley. She's so broad and confident and I just wanted to be her. Lily's story is a little heartbreaking, a lot terrifying and a whole lot happy but not 'til the end. Even then some might say it's not a happy ending, but it is to me. So for me, the challenge was fun. I really had to get inside her head, inside a place I didn't want to be, to draw from fears I could only imagine to make her life come to life! That's the part I love. Getting to know my characters to that extent.

You have another series, the games of Zeus series out. What made you write a mythological-based series, which is so different from the world of the Mimics of Rune?
I wrote this one before I wrote the second in Mimics because I was writing a whole series of firsts. Now that I get to dive in, I've written the second of Games of Zeus, too! The difference is that in Games, every story revolves around a game, whether the players know or don't. In Mimics, they know everything about themselves and the situation isn't like being a puppet in Zeus' games, but just life 'as normal' for shape shifters.  

And finally what can we expect from you in the future?
Well ... I'm currently writing the third Mimics of Rune book called Redeemed. I'm also about to release my first YA novel After Dark, which I write under another pen name! I've also got two others series' in the works with first books already written! I'd like to finish these two series first before I introduce another set of characters, but I love them, so hopefully you will too! 

Thank you for taking the time to be here on K-Books
Thank you for having me!


Connect with Aimee

Twitter
Facebook
Blog 
Her Website 

Photobucket 

3 comments:

  1. These books sound awesome. I have never heard of them until now. I just went and bought the first one for my Kindle. Thanks for the post!!
    Michelle @ Mom With A Kindle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much for having me, today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for me! I hope you love it Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment