So my good friends Daphne and Alison over at Winged Reviews are hosting a September Debut feature and asked me to write a guest post with my top 10 2012 debuts so far and 5 that I am looking forward to. So you can check out the post over at Winged Reviews Here but I thought I would also post it here so you guys can see.
My Top 10 2012 Debuts... So Far
This was so difficult for me because I often buy the books as soon as they are released but don't read them straight away but I managed to put together my top 10... with a few cheats. Shhh don't tell ;)
10. Neophyte by Emmalee Aple
- I really loved this book. It was such an incredible, unique Angel book and I've never really read any other angel book like it. I really loved it and can't wait for the sequel.
9. Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
- I got this one for review before the release and I absolutely adored it. It grabbed my attention right from the start and couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen. I really could not put this book down. I loved it.
8. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
- I knew straight away I was going to love Everneath. A new modern twist on mythology. I am a massive mythology fan so this book was amazing for me. I loved seeing the myth of Perspehone and Hades mixed into the modern day. It was a great read.
7. Touch by Jus Accardo
- Okay this is where I start to cheat a little bit. Technically this was first published last year but was re-published this year and it still her debut novel. I loved this book. I read it last year as I got an ARC but OMG it was so good. I was completely captured with this amazing storyline. I can't wait for Toxic.
6. ReVamped by Ada Adams
- Another Indie book here. This is on my list of fave debuts because like Neophyte it is one of the most unique books I have ever read. This time it's a fresh take on Vampires. Before reading this I thought it was going to be like every other vampire book but it was so fresh and unique I was blown away!
5. Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt
- This is another book I got for review earlier that the release date. I adored this book and re-read it as soon as my paperback got here. It's such a fantastic dystopian book and I loved every second of it.
- This is another one that I have cheated on because it was originally published before 2012 but Spencer Hill Press have re-published it with a new cover this year. It's such a fantastic story and I loved every second of it. I really can't wait to read the rest of the series.
3. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
- This is yet another book that I got an ARC of. I loved it. It's such a fantastic book. It's kinda like the historical book for people who don't like historical. I loved travelling back in time with the characters. I have a lot of love for this book. Amazing.
2. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
- This almost made the top spot because really it's phenomenal. I fell in love with this nephilim story and I need the second one so bad. It's phenomenally good and a book I can re-read over and over. One of the best debuts I have ever read in my life.
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
This will not be a surprise to any of my friends. I have already read this book twice. It is the best debut I've ever read in my life!! The best contemporary I've ever read. I adore this book. I read it in one sitting... BOTH TIMES!
It's a phenomenal contemporary and the best I've ever read. I cannot praise this book enough. It's just amazing. Everyone should read it!
And NOW My Top 5 2012 Debuts I Can't Wait to Read
- So this has just come out so we are not technically still waiting for it but I haven't read it yet and I'm really looking forward to it. It sounds so great. I believe it's a dystopia book and it sounds really interesting so I am really looking forward to it
4. Black City by Elizabeth Richards
- This is another dystopia book. A friend of mine got an ARC of this and is loving this book so much so I instantly want to read it. It just sounds absolutely incredible.
- A upcoming release from Entangled Publishing, one of my fave publishers of all time. I am so excited about this book. I have wanted to read it ever since I did the cover/blurb reveal for Entangled last year. It sounds incredible and I cannot wait to read it.
2. Gravity by Melissa West
- Gravity is a sci-fi/alien YA novel from Entangled Publishing and I am so excited about it. If you'd asked me this time last year that I'd be looking forward to an Alien book I'd have said you were crazy but then end of last year I read Obsidian and it totally changed my thoughts. I can't wait for this book it just sounds absolutely incredible.
Undeadly by Michele Vail
I am so freaking excited for this book. When I first saw the cover I was like WOW that is one beautiful cover then I read the blurb and I think my mouth dropped open. ZOMBIES!!! I love zombie books!! And she has zombie-raising abilities *jumping up and down in excitement*
I cannot wait for this book and it could not come soon enough. This is without a doubt my most anticipated book of the year and I cannot wait.