Tuesday, September 18

Toxic (Denazen #2)

Toxic (Denazen #2) 
Jus Accardo

Publication Date: 2 October, 2012
Finish Date: 18 September, 2012
Format: e-book
Source: copy for review form author

Read Kayleighs 5 star review here



From Goodreads: When a Six saved Kale's life the night of Sumrun, she warned there would be consequences. A trade-off. Something taken for the life they gained. But Dez never imagined she'd lose the one thing she'd give anything to keep... And as if it's not enough Dez finds her immunity to Kale fading, the Six brought in to help Kale learn to control his killer touch starts drooling on him the moment they meet. Worse than that? Jade can touch Kale. But bimbo Barbie is the least of Dez's problems.

After Dez and Kale got away at Sumrun, her father lost not only his most powerful weapon but an important piece of the Supremacy project. Forced by Denazen to remedy the situation, he poisons Dez and offers her a choice--surrender to Denazen for the cure...or die. Determined to find a solution that doesn't involve being bagged and tagged--or losing someone she loves--Dez keeps the poison a secret. But when a rash of Denazen attacks hit a little too close to home, Dez is convinced there's a traitor among them. Jade.

Sacrifices, broken promises, and secrets. Dez will have to lay it all on the line if there's any hope of proving Jade's guilt before they all end up Residents of Denazen. Or worse, dead...
I really liked this book, I liked book 1 better, but this book was also great. The story was really good and I wanted to keep reading to see what problems Dez and Kale would encounter now.

I did liked the story, but I think the story of book was more action packed an fast paced. In this book there was more sitting around and planning. The story did have some action packed moments, but few of them than in book 1. I did think that the story was a bit too predictable, there where some major plot twist that are obvious quite early in the book already and I had hoped for a little more surprises.

I also had the urge to shake some sense in a few characters, more than once. Dez had a few of those moments where she was totally convinced of something and I only could think please think a bit more about it, check if there is another explanation. And most of all just talk, quite often in a book the characters forget there is such a simple solution. Okay except for that I really liked getting to know the characters more and seeing more from Kale, he is such an adorable character and I love the simple way he thinks. Dez is the type of person I could never be, but I love reading about her recklesness and all the things she does to get another adrenaline fix. Both are such great characters. I did think that some side characters could get a more personality, there where a few characters from who we see a really one sided picture because of Dez' point of view. And I would like to know more about who they really are.

In this book there isn't much world building added, most of the world is already explained in book 1 and this book actually has nothing new to offer. Don't get me wrong I don't think this is a bad thing, there just wasn't anything about the world more to add. We do get a few more examples of what some of the sixes can do and I liked getting a better picture of the variety of skills.

To conclude: the story was a bit predictable, but enjoyable. The characters had a few moment where I really wanted to shake some sense in them, but I liked seeing more of the characters. There isn't really much world building in this book, but we do get a better idea of the variety of skills the sixes have. All in all a great sequel and I am looking forward to reading the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment