Friday, November 23

Blog Tour: After Dark (The 19th Year #1) by Emi Gayle

After Dark (The 19th Year #1) by Emi Gayle

Publication Date: October 31, 2012
Genre: YA - Paranormal
Photobucket

From Goodreads:
What eighteen year old Mac Thorne doesn’t know will probably kill her.

In exactly eight months, five days, three hours and thirteen minutes, Mac has to choose what she’ll be for the rest of her life.

She has no choice but to pick. As a Changeling, it’s her birthright. To Mac, it’s a birthchore. Like going to school with humans, interacting with humans, and pretending to be human during the pesky daylight hours.

Once darkness descends, Mac can change into any supernatural form that exists—which makes her as happy as she can be. That is, until Winn Thomas, the biggest geek in her senior class figures out there’s more to what hides in the dark than most are willing to acknowledge.

In this first of the 19th Year Trilogy, Winn might know more about Mac than even she does, and that knowledge could end their lives, unless Mac ensures the powers-that-be have no choice but to keep him around.

I am so excited to be on the blog tour for the first book in this brand new YA series. I have not yet found the time to read the book but I am so crazy excited for it. However, my co-blogger Lolita has read it and you can check out her review by clicking here.

Now we have an exclusive interview with the main character Mac.


Hi Mac,
Thanks for joining us on K-Books today.

She gives me a hello with a rise of her chin. "Thanks for having me."


You really hate humans, but now that hate does seems to be lessening a bit. How did this happen?


"My regard to humans is the same. For one human is a little bit less." She holds up her hand and pinches her fingers together. "But only by about this much."


So how does it feel to be dating a human?


"Dating? Who said we were dating?" She turns her head as if searching for the someone who gave up her secret.

To be in love with someone of a species you always despised before?


"Love? Where do you get that? No, no. Not love. Just because he might have said something like that doesn't mean I am." Despite her words, there's a slight rise of red color in her cheeks. 

I'm guessing the word 'love' is like a four-letter word to Mac.
You really have no idea which supernatural to choose when you turn 19...



"Nope."

 ... can you tell me which ones you still consider and which ones you certainly won’t choose?


With her fingers outstretched, she begins to tick off her fingertips. "I won't be a vampire, fairy, siren, demon, devil, angel, dragon, dryad, nymph, sphinx, gnome, griffin, giant or goddess, that's for sure." 

So what's left then? What other options are there?

She shrugs. "Tons. I'll let Winn figure it out."


Alina and Lucas aren’t your real parents, so how does it feel to grow up surrounded by them and pretend they are your real parent?


"They aren't but they are. They never pretended. I knew that from the beginning. But to everyone else, pretending might suck. They're cool though."

And do you love Alina and Lucas even though they aren’t your real parents?


"Again with the "L" word? What's up with you humans and love? Alina and Lucas had a job to do. And the did. I have a house and food and clothes and hair. It's all good."

What is your favorite color?


"Mine?" She tilts up toward the ceiling. "I dunno. Black."

What do you like to do in your free time?


"Draw."


Thank you for being here with us to answer our questions.


"Sure. No problem." She stands as if to leave and turns back to me. "Oh, yeah, and I'm supposed to say, 'thanks for having me.' The chick who wrote my story gets really annoyed when I don't say that." 

With that, she gives me a little salute and off she goes.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
She's pretty awesome right?
Thanks for joining me on the blog tour and don't forget to pick up a copy of After Dark... available NOW!
Photobucket   

2 comments:

  1. This one is hot on my wishlist! Thanks for sharing Kayleigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having me and hosting Mac! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment