Friday, November 9

Blog Tour: Commencement (Hellsbane #0.5) by Paige Cuccaro


Hey Guys,
I am so excited to be a part of the blog tour for the awesome Commencement, the prequel novella in the Hellsbane series by Paige Cuccaro.

I haven't yet had time to read Commencement but I will be reading and reviewing it very very soon.

Commencement (Hellsbane #0.5) by Paige Cuccaro

Published By: Entangled Publishing - Flirt Imprint
Publication Date: September 27, 2012
Genre: New Adult - Urban Fantasy
Photobucket

From Goodreads:
Hell hath no fury like a woman’s scorn for frat guys…

Emma Jane Hellsbane knows something evil is worming its way through her college campus—she can feel it. Literally. Her freakish ability to feel other people’s emotions as though they were her own has always been monumentally awkward, and it’s easier for her to just pretend it doesn’t exist. But this time her paranormal ability just might help her save lives.

Emma Jane’s fairly certain that whatever the hateful, egomaniacal, Godlike thing is, it’s set up shop inside her boyfriend, the frat boy/soccer star Justin. And if she doesn’t figure a way to get it out of him soon, Justin’s soul will be the appetizer to the main course—the whole student body. Problem is, the big baddy is granting sinister wishes, and with each one the risks grow higher and the phrase Be careful what you wish for becomes a real-life dire warning. Of course for Emma, what feels like it could be the end is in fact just the beginning…

I seriously cannot wait to read this series. It just sounds incredible doesn't it?
Well now I am so pleased to welcome Paige to K-Books.

  -->
Hi Paige,
Thanks you for taking the time to be here on K-Books today.
             Thanks for having me!

When did you first discover that you wanted to be a writer?
            Not as long ago as you might think. I’ve always enjoyed writing, but I didn’t really consider it as a career until after the birth of my oldest daughter. (22 years ago.) Even then I only dabbled. I wrote a hot-mess of a children’s story and then a few years later I wrote an adult romance story set on a horse farm. But it wasn’t until I moved to Ohio in 1999 that I really started writing seriously. (I’m originally from a tiny rural town in Pennsylvania called, Eighty four. Yeah, it was too small for a real name, so they just gave it a number.)

Most of your books are in the paranormal genre. Did you always want to write in this genre?
            I think I did, even though I didn’t know it at the beginning. Writing just became way easier once I really let my imagination go and started adding a paranormal element to my stories. It’s just more fun!

What genre book do you enjoy reading?
            Urban fantasy is my favorite right now. Although I LOVE almost anything paranormal. I enjoy the “real world” element that’s more prevalent in urban fantasies and I’m not so hung up on the romance. Romances in urban fantasies are normally secondary to the story and seem more organic and believable because of it. But that’s JMHO :-D

Do you have any authors that you look up to or that inspire you?
            Anne Rice, for sure. I think she’s the queen of the paranormal genre. She’s just an elegant writer, sweeping the reader into her stories so they lose all track of time. LOVE THAT!! But I’m a huge fan of Jim Butcher too. His writing is so easy going, like listening to a friend. Really something to aspire to.

Your book Commencement has been released. What was the inspiration behind that story?
            I think I’d have to say Emma Jane inspired her own story. I had this idea for a character who could feel other people’s emotions like they were her own. Then I started wondering what her life must be like with that ability. What if she felt emotions from someone she cared about that she didn’t want to feel, or that didn’t make sense. From there I imagined what sort of emotions would be the worst possible thing for her to feel. Then I had to figure out what was causing this person to feel that way, and what Emma would do about it.

How do you feel about unleashing this story into the world?
            I’m excited…and a little terrified. I always feel that way when a book is first released. I can’t wait for people to read it. And I’m terrified no one will like it. As long and hard as most writers work and struggle toward publication, it’s really quiet horrifying once it happens—every time it happens.

Do you take any personal experiences and adapt them into your writing?
            I use bits and pieces of things that have happened, and things that are similar to my real life experiences. I draw on those memories to add to my characters personalities, and add detail to settings. I think it helps to make characters, settings and story lines more realistic.

Are there any particular scenes that you enjoy writing more than others?
            I love writing scenes with a lot of emotion, where after a huge release of anger or sorrow, through the tears and after the emotionally charged dialogue, characters learn something about themselves or the person they love.

And finally what can we expect to see from you in the future?
            Right now I’m working on the edits for the second book in the series, HEAVEN AND HELLSBANE, set to release in March 2013, while writing the third book, HELLSBANE HEREAFTER, set to release August 2013. In between those I’ll have an adult Scifi category romance coming out sometime in early spring 2013. Beyond that I have a young adult book that I put on the back burner to write the 3 HELLSBANE books. I’d love to finish writing it, (it’s about half way done.) And then, like most writers, I’ve got about a half dozen story ideas I’ve been dying to sink my brain into.

Getting to Know You – Quick Fire Round

Hardcopy or E-Book?
Hardcopy to keep—E-book to read
Bookmark or Dog-Ear?
Bookmark! (Dog-ear makes me twitch)
Book or Movie?
Books in the summer – movies in the winter
Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate
Summer or Winter?
Summer
Ice-Cream or Cake?
Cake
Coffee or Tea?
Coffee
Nice guy or bad boy?
Nice guy (actually—funny guy)

Thank you so much for being here on K-Books with us today.
Thank you! This was fun!

Isn't she crazy awesome. Dog-earing makes me twitch too... well more like freak out completely but you get what I mean.

What do you think?
Do you wanna read the Hellsbane series? Leave me a comment and let me know xx

Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Great interview. Enjoyed it. I like her approach to writing.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment