Wednesday, November 14

Blog Tour: Luminosity by Stephanie Thomas


Hey Guys,
I am so excited to be on the blog tour for new Entangled Teen book Luminosity. I have been dying for this book ever since the cover reveal and let me tell you it is amazing. I am currently reading it so I should have a review up in the next week or so. This is a book not to be missed.

Luminosity (The Ravel Chronicles #1)
Stephanie Thomas

Published By: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: November 13, 2012
Genre: YA - Fantasy
Photobucket

Blurb:
My name is Beatrice. When I was born, I was blessed with the Sight. I was immediately removed from my parents and enrolled in the Institution. At the age of twelve, I had my first true vision, earning my raven’s wings. And when I turned seventeen, one of my visions came true. Things haven’t been the same since.

The Institution depends on me to keep the City safe from our enemy, the Dreamcatchers, but I’m finding it harder to do while keeping a secret from everyone, including my best friend Gabe. It is a secret that could put us all in danger. A secret that could kill me and everyone close to me.

But the enemy has been coming to me in my dreams, and I think I’m falling in love with him. He says they’re coming. He says they’re angry. And I think I’ve already helped them win.

What I have read so far of this book is phenomenal and I cannot wait to read more and find out what happens. Now I am so excited to welcome the amazing Stephanie Thomas to K-Books


Hi Stephanie
 
Thank you for being with us on K-Books today. I am so excited to have
you here as I have been dying to read Luminosity ever since I took part
in the cover reveal.
When did you first discover that you wanted to be a writer?
 
FIRSTLY, THANK YOU FOR HAVING ME HERE! I HAVE TO SAY, I’VE ALWAYS
WANTED TO BE A WRITER. WHEN I WAS LITTLE, I USED TO MAKE UP
“NEWSPAPERS” FOR MY MOM, WHICH INCLUDED NEWS STORIES AND PICTURES
THAT I WROTE ON OFFICE PAPER FROM HER JOB. WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO
DECIDE WHAT I WANTED TO GO TO COLLEGE FOR, I WAS TORN BETWEEN WRITING
AND TEACHING. THE PRACTICAL SIDE OF ME WENT WITH TEACHING, AND AFTER
TEACHING FOR A YEAR, I DECIDED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL FOR WRITING. BUT,
DURING THAT WHOLE TIME, FROM MY CHILDHOOD UNTIL NOW, I’VE ALWAYS BEEN
WRITING. I THINK THE FIRST “SERIOUS” PIECE OF WRITING I DID WAS AN
X-FILES FAN-FIC THAT I WROTE WHILE IN EIGHTH GRADE.
 
Your novel is in the paranormal genre. Did you always want to write in
this genre?
 
I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT OF MYSELF AS WRITING IN ANY SPECIFIC GENRE AT
FIRST, BUT MY READING HABITS PRETTY MUCH INFLUENCE WHAT I WANT TO 
WRITE.
I LOVE TO READ HISTORICAL FICTION, EPIC FANTASY (LIKE _THE GAME OF
THRONES_), DYSTOPIANS AND SCI-FI, MOSTLY. THAT’S WHAT YOU’LL FIND
CLUTTERING UP MY BOOKSHELVES. BUT, WHEN I STARTED TO WRITE AS A CAREER,
I STARTED WITH HISTORICAL FICTION, AND THEN MOVED ON TO _LUMINOSITY_.

Do you have any authors that you look up to or that inspire you?

I LOVE GEORGE R.R. MARTIN. I WISH I COULD BE JUST A QUARTER OF THE
WRITER HE IS. HIS BOOKS ARE DEFINITELY NOT YA, BUT THEY ARE SO
BEAUTIFULLY-WRITTEN, AND THE CHARACTERIZATION IS AMAZING.

Your book Luminosity is due to be released which by the way I am crazy
excited about. What was the inspiration behind that story?
 
I WAS INSPIRED BY MY STUDENTS, AND BY A PLAY I WAS TEACHING AT THE 
TIME,
_OEDIPUS REX_. I LIKED THE IDEAS OF SEERS AND THE POWER THEY HAVE OVER
PEOPLE, SO I TOOK THAT IDEA AND RAN WITH IT. 

How do you feel about unleashing this story into the world?
 
OH GOODNESS, YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW NERVOUS I WAS THE DAY IT WAS DIGITALLY
RELEASED. ACTUALLY, I THINK I WAS THE SAME NERVOUS WHEN I FOUND OUT MY
EARCS WERE SENT OUT. I KEPT SAYING OVER AND OVER AGAIN, “REAL PEOPLE
HAVE MY BOOK NOW. REAL PEOPLE ARE READING IT RIGHT NOW.” I COULDN’T
GET OVER THAT, AND I STILL HAVEN’T.
 
Do you take any personal experiences and adapt them into your writing?
 
I HAVE A TATTOO THAT SAYS “WRITING IS BOTH MASK AND UNVEILING.”
IT’S A QUOTE BY E.B. WHITE, AND IT’S WHAT I TRULY BELIEVE. EVERY
WRITER OUT THERE PUTS A PIECE OF THEMSELVES IN THEIR WRITING, WHETHER
THEY KNOW IT OR NOT. AND IT’S EITHER BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO HIDE
THEMSELVES IN WORDS, OR THEY ARE REVEALING THEMSELVES SOMEHOW, BUT
IT’S NOT ALWAYS EVIDENT TO THEM. OR ME. SO, I AM SURE THAT PIECES OF
ME ARE ALL OVER THAT BOOK, BUT I COULDN’T PICK OUT ANY ONE PART.
 
Are there any particular scenes that you enjoy writing more than 
others?
 
I ENJOYED WRITING THE FINAL SCENE OF THE BOOK BECAUSE IT WAS SO 
POWERFUL
TO ME. LET’S JUST SAY, IT’S NOT EASY MAKING DECISIONS, ESPECIALLY
NOT WHEN IT INVOLVES YOUR FRIENDS.

And finally what can we expect to see from you in the future?
 
I FINISHED BOOK TWO OF _THE RAVEN CHRONICLES_ OVER THE SUMMER. SINCE
THEN, I’VE BEEN WORKING ON A MANUSCRIPT ABOUT A VIRUS THAT IS WIPING
OUT THE POPULATION, AND THE RISE OF THE BELIEF IN DARWINISM, OR THE
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. WHEN DO YOU TRY TO SAVE THE WORLD, AND WHEN DO
YOU JUST ACCEPT THAT IT HAS TO HAPPEN FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF HUMANITY?
 
GETTING TO KNOW YOU – QUICK FIRE ROUND
 
Hardcopy or E-Book? Hardcopy. I have an e-reader, but I hardly ever use
it.
 
Bookmark or Dog-Ear? I usually dog-ear, but I found those little
magnetic bookmarks, and bought four of those that look like tiny
penguins.
 
Book or Movie? Book. Movies tend not to relay the beauty of words.
 
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate.
 
Summer or Winter? Winter, because I’m a teacher, and I like snow days.
I also hate the sun because I will get sunburned under a full moon,
that’s how pathetic I am.
 
Ice-Cream or Cake? Ice cream. With peanut butter.
 
Coffee or Tea? Lattes
 
Nice guy or bad boy? Nice guy. Bad boys tend not to be worth it.
 
Thank you so much for being here on K-Books with us today.
 Isn't she awesome?
 
Now I am giving away ONE e-copy of Luminosity away.
 
All you have to do it leave me a comment about what you think and your email address. 
 
Stephanie Thomas has been writing
ever since she could put letters together to form words. 
When she was a small child, she would present her mother and 
father with self-made newspapers filled up with make believe 
stories and pictures. Her love for writing followed her all throughout
her schooling, where she entered and won writing contests of all
sorts. Stephanie decided to become an English teacher and 
completed her B.A. at The Pennsylvania State University. While teaching, she later went on to get her
Master’s in writing from The Johns Hopkins University. She completed her very
first manuscript during her graduate studies, and by the end of the program,
she had completed two more. Stephanie is quick to tell anyone that she’s a born
and raised Philadelphian, and her heart will always belong there. She moved to
Baltimore with her husband, and they’ve been living there for the last five years
with their doggie, Sailor, and their rabbit, Buns (aka “T Sizzle).

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Just ѕubmit youг emаil at http://wωw.
    fгeeipad3.allthebestproducts.net anԁ sign up to teѕt Aрple's products! You get to keep them afterwards!
    Have a look at my web site :: anxiety symptoms in men

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a gooԁ HD TV has never been easieг.

    Discoѵeг the гight moԁel fοr
    you and уour ρocket with ouг гeview at http://reviews.
    top-information.nеt/samѕung-un40eh6000-revіеw/
    Here is my blog post - weightloss.allthebestproducts.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gettіng a gοoԁ HD TV has never been easier.

    Discover the right model for you and yоur pοcket ωith our revіeω at httр://reviews.

    top-infοrmаtion.net/sаmsung-un40eh6000-reviеw/
    my webpage - weightloss.allthebestproducts.net

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment