Sunday, November 11

Cover Reveal: Call of the Jersey Devil by Aurelio Voltaire

Hey Guys,
So everyone and anyone who has ever visited this blog or spoke to me knows that I am a massive fan of Spencer Hill Press. Every single one of their books I have read I have devoured. I adore them. So you can imagine my excitement when I heard about their new imprint Spence City. Spence City, in case you don't know, is an imprint of SHP which will publish Urban Fantasy novels. Well I adore SHP and I love UF book so I am crazy excited.

I am posting today to reveal the cover of the FIRST Spence City book. I am so crazy excited to FINALLY hear about a Spence City book and let me tell you this is a good one. Call of the Jersey Devil is the first novel by musician Aurielo Voltaire and it sounds awesome. So without any furthur adieu here is the cover and information on Call of the Jersey Devil.

 Call of the Jersey Devil by Aurelio Voltaire

Published by: Spence City
Publication Date: May 28, 2013
Genre: - Urban Fantasy
Photobucket
Blurb:
Five suburban mall rats and a washed up Goth singer find themselves stranded in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey where they discover two horrifying truths: The Jersey Devil, hellspawn of folklore and legend, is real; and New Jersey (as many already suspected) is the gateway to Hell!

With the help of one lone witch, this small group must face off against their deepest fears and the most unholy monsters in a battle where their very souls, the world they live in, and any chance of returning to Hot Topic in one piece is at stake!

The first novel by musician and horror media personality, Aurelio Voltaire, Call of the Jersey Devil is a hilarious and terrifying homage to 80s horror and genre films. Like a mad doctor, Voltaire has Frankensteined together elements of Evil Dead, The Breakfast Club, Poltergeist, and This is Spinal Tap to create a creature feature that will have you laughing out loud when you're not glancing nervously over your shoulder.

I am really excited about this book. I think it looks and sounds great. I really like the cover. I think it looks pretty damn awesome. I really like it because it is so different from other book covers. It's definitely not something you would just see on any old book. I love how different it is and how it looks hand-drawn. I think it sounds pretty great. I'm really not a horror-person because I am an absolute baby but the 'laughing out loud' comment has me really wanting to read it. I can take horror if it has some funny parts so I can't wait to read this book. It sounds awesome and it sounds like a fantastic book to start the new Spence City imprint. I'm so excited.

What do you think? Are you excited for the first book in the new SHP imprint?
Let me know. Leave me a comment.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kayleigh! We (Spence City) think it's pretty awesome too. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the actual story - I think you're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YYYYAAAAYYY!!!! looks FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a native from the swamps & sticks of South Jersey, I can't wait to read this take on our resident Devil of the Pines! Yes, by the way, the cover is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about this book ages ago, because I generally love Voltaire and his music. This looks really good- Spence City looks like it'll be a great publisher! Definitely excited for this book!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment