Thursday, November 15

Make Me Yours

Make Me Yours
Kendall Ryan

Publication Date: November 10, 2012
Finish Date (second read): November 15, 2012
Format: e-book
Source: Copy for beta read and review from author

Photobucket

From Goodreads:  Emotionally crippled Liz isn’t looking for a relationship when she meets delish boy-next-door, Cohen. He’s a few years younger, a volunteer firefighter, oh…and a virgin, making him totally off limits. But never one to back away from a challenge, she’s drawn to him even while she continues to satisfy her physical needs elsewhere.

Even as she spends her evenings in another man’s arms, she somehow finds herself curled up in Cohen’s bed each night. It’s been a long time since she had a true honest-to-goodness make out session, but Cohen’s showing her just how much fun not having sex can be.
When Cohen’s injured, her real feelings for him rise to the surface, and she has to decide if she’s willing to take a risk on love after enduring so much heartbreak in her past.

MAKE ME YOURS is the sexy conclusion to UNRAVEL ME.

Ashlyn and “Logan” from UNRAVEL ME also make a few, um *appearances* …ahem.


I was really excited when the author asked me to read this book, I read the first book in this series and really liked. And this second book is even better. I have read this book twice now already, first as a beta read and the second time the finished copy. Voth times I really enjoyed this book and the fact that I can read a book twice this close afterwards means to me that it deserves those 5 stars. I almost never re-read a book and certainly not this fats afterwards reading it the first time.

The story from the blurb sounds like there would be less of a plot in this book than in the first book, but luckily that isn’t the case. The book mostly centers on Liz and Cohen and how they get to know each other, in this book that part isn’t skipped and I really liked seeing how they got to know each other. But there is also more to this story than Liz and Cohens growing relationship, Liz has her own problems to deal with and even Ashlyn and her story get some attention in this book. This book is just as fast paced as the first book. I had some problems getting into the story the first time I read it, but after that I just wanted to keep reading and see what would happen to Liz and Cohen. Also the second time when I read the finished version the beginning flows much better now and this book has really improved.

The characters are awesome! We really get to know Liz and Cohen. Cohen and Liz are so sweet together and I liked reading about them. I also liked the fact that even though this is Liz’ story we also learn what happened and is happening with Ashlyn and Aiden. I liked seeing things from Liz perspective and it was fun to see the friendship between Liz and Ashlyn from Liz perspective this time. And Cohen and Liz are so sweet together. Also there are some emotional parts in this book and I felt this make the story come more alive.

I like how this author manages to create a mix between a story and romance, the story is nicely done even though the focus is more on the romance. And the romance is hot and sweet at the same time.

To conclude: I really enjoyed this book. It’s even better than the first book and I liked reading about Liz. I also liked that we kept seeing Ashlyn and Aiden, even thought this wasn’t their story they still played a part. This book is a nice mix between story and hot romance. 

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Aww, this sounds really great! A real sunday, blanket, cookies and hot coco read! I am not a big fan of the cover though.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment