Tuesday, November 13

The One - Chase POV Part One

Hey Guys,
I am so crazy excited to be sharing this amazing extra from the amazing novel The One. I just want to say a massive thank you to Heather Self for letting me share this one my blog.
 
About the Book:
The One (Portal Trilogy #1) by Heather Self

Available Now

Photobucket

From Goodreads:
Stranded on Earth two thousand years they’ve waited for the arrival of the One: some to save her, others to kill her. With her birth, the ancient prophecy could at last be fulfilled and the doorway between the worlds would open. Those who know the prophecy believe this event occurred almost eighteen years ago, and now, they’ll stop at nothing to find her.

Seventeen-year-old Eveline has lived her entire life on the move and she hates it. She knows her parents believe she’s the One, and they’ve done whatever it takes to stay one step ahead of those who want her dead. But Eveline isn’t fully convinced that her parents’ beliefs match her own. What she does believe is that Leadville, Colorado may be the chance she’s been waiting for. The chance to be somewhere safe. The chance for her to make friends and have fun. The chance to finally date a guy. The chance to be a normal girl, at least as normal as possible for someone not human.

Sound awesome? Well let me tell you it is phenomenal. This is one of my favourite reads of the year so far and there are some epically swoon-worthy guys. We have an exclusive point of view from the book from my favourite boy Chase. It's okay to swoon and drool a little guys. If you like Daemon from Lux Series you will adore Chase. Trust Me!

As Brennan and I exited the door from the basement, I heard her laugh. My lips twitched in response and all the tension from the afternoon left me in a rush. I was relieved to have her safe and near. I shook my head in frustrated disgust over this new and overwhelming need to see to her protection. When the hell had I turned into such a wimp?
I glanced at Jenna and Liam then froze when my gaze rested on Evy. Finishing off the last of the chocolate cake, her tongue moved from the base of the fork to the tip, stripping away the last of the icing and taking it into her mouth. She closed her eyes, a smile curving her lips as she sighed in satisfaction. Her tongue darted out to catch the last bit of chocolate still on her lips and my entire body stiffened.
Holy. Fuck.
With one unintentionally erotic gesture she had turned me on faster than any of the overtly sexual displays I’d seen in my long life, and having lived through the Renaissance and the Seventies—I’d seen plenty. I was shaking with the need to grab her up and port the hell out of there. To have her alone for five minutes. To be that damn fork.
I’d taken one unconscious step forward when her giggling brought me crashing back to sanity. The sound of sweet innocence. She was just a child compared to me. Her giggling turned into full-blown laughter that gave me chills. That laughter was definitely not innocent, and damn did she look sexy with her head thrown back and her eyes sparkling. Then Jenna couldn’t contain her mirth, and her laugh was better than a cold shower, forcing me to be wholly present. I’d missed the conversation lost in my lascivious thoughts. I was such an ass. I felt Liam’s eyes on me, but he didn’t say a word. I knew he heard some, if not all, of what I’d been thinking. With him, I could play it off. I could get him to believe that the thoughts were for nothing more than his benefit. That it was one more way for me to harass him. But if Jenna was paying attention, I knew it would only be a matter of time before she decided it was time for a serious conversation.
Evy’s voice penetrated my thoughts, “Nothing to say?” She was hunched over homework, eyes darting back and forth between a book and her page, pencil moving furiously. I could tell her question was directed toward me, but I had no clue what she was asking. Jenna’s voice in my head connected the dots I’d missed during my ogle-fest.
You’re not antagonizing her about doing homework before training.
Right. Homework. Another reminder of our age difference and the impossibility of the things I wanted. But, damn, how I wanted. Keeping my expression neutral I responded with that last thought still rolling through my mind. “The homework has to be done. It doesn’t matter when I have you, as long as I get you, Evy.” Evy’s head jerked up and her eyes studied my face, looking for who knows what, while the plain truth of that statement resonated through me. She shifted her attention back to her homework and it was like a cloud had covered the sun. I wanted to be the center of her attention. All her attention. God what utter madness this was. I rubbed my hand back and forth across my forehead when, in reality, it was my stomach that was churned up.
A hand on my arm drew my attention behind me. My eyes softened with affection as I met Mina’s gaze and, for about the millionth time, wished Dianna could have been one-tenth of the mother Mina was.
Keeping her voice low, pitched for my hearing alone, she asked, “All right, Chase?”
As much as I adored Mina, I wasn’t willing to discuss Eveline with her, especially given my most recent thoughts. I gave her a small smile, appreciative of her concern, “I’m fine, Mina.”
She stood on tiptoes and placed a kiss on my cheek whispering, “When you’re ready to talk about her, dear, I’m here.”
Oh, god, she knows.
I met her eyes, slightly shocked, and opened my mouth to explain. To deny. Placate. I mean this was her daughter for fuck’s sake. But there was no condemnation or disappointment. Only genuine concern for me. I nodded a slightly stunned acknowledgment, then followed her progress as she made her way to Brennan in the living room. Liam and Jenna had moved there as well, leaving Eveline by herself, staring off into space. She looked troubled, though adorable, with her brow furrowed and her bottom lip caught between her teeth. I wanted to hold her and tell her everything would be ok. And I wanted to trade her teeth for mine. The confusing juxtaposition of emotions moved me to action.
“You ready?” I asked, startling her from whatever had occupied her thoughts. Selfishly, I hoped it was me.
“Ok, baby?” Mina asked her.
Evy pushed away from the table. “Everything’s fine. I’m going to get changed for whatever torture Chase has planned for this evening.”
My lips twitched over her riposte, but I fought the smile. “Well, since there’s no dungeon here, I guess the basement will have to do. Meet me there for your flogging when you’re done changing.”
I heard her snort of laughter as I left the room, making my way to the basement, and let a full grin stretch across my face.

*swoooon* Yeah... I KNOW!
Don't forget to visit Stuck In Books tomorrow for the second half of the Chase POV! You do not want to miss it. It's even hotter than this one!

You can check out my review for The One HERE
You can buy The One on Amazon UK / Amazon US / Barnes and Noble

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Wow the girl pictured on the cover looks so much like a girl my daughter went to school with....the white streak in her hair and face and bone structure...just everything....I would definitely pick this one up in a book store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....So....I'm in LOVE with this POV so far- thanks so much for posting! Off to go read part two !! *squeals*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valencia Top ten: The Greatest City Attractions

    My site - BenQ EP5920 review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dlp, Lcd And also Projector Exchange Lamps Just as the Ux21513

    Also visit my webpage - Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 price

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at Movies Online For the Cheap Regular Charge

    Look at my web blog ... payday ()

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment