Sunday, December 2

Review: The Sun Dwellers (Dwellers #3)

The Sun Dwellers (Dwellers #3)
David Estes

Publication Date: November 30, 2012
Date Read: October 25, 2012
Genre: YA - Dystopian
Source: Review Copy from Author
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16047633-the-sun-dwellers
From Goodreads
With those she's closest to dying around her, Adele embarks on a secret mission to the Sun Realm to assassinate the President. Along the way she'll uncover secrets about her relationship with Tristan that she might not be ready to face.

Tristan has a secret, too, one that's been eating him up inside ever since he met Adele. Will he reveal all, and risk the loss of friendship and love at a time when he needs it the most?

At the same time, Adele's mother, General Rose, must lead her soldiers into battle to face the sun dweller army in the hopes of holding them off until Adele can complete her mission. Can she outlast the strength of President Nailin's elite fighting force?

There's only one truth in their world: someone must die.
"The pain is so intense I don't feel it. I feel nothing."

David Estes has done it again. He is back with the heart-pounding and breath-taking conclusion to the Dwellers saga. Right from the moment I beta'd the first installment of the Dwellers saga, The Moon Dwellers, I have been completely addicted to this incredible YA Dystopian series and I have been dying to find out how it was all going to end. This is a must read because as did the other two The Sun Dwellers just took my breath away.

Adele, Tristan and the team must put aside their feelings for one another to do the right thing. They need to stop this dictatorship society that they have been living in for too long. Determined to make things right they must go on a journey to fight the President and make his fall from power. But can everyone survive the journey? And will Adele and Tristain's love be strong enough to survive the toughest journey of them all? Only one thing is certain, things will never be the same.

I was just completely and utterly blown away by The Sun Dwellers. It's fair to say that it is amazing. It just held my attention completely and I was dying to see what was going to happen next and how it would all end. David Estes is fast becoming one of my favourite authors. His writing style is fantastic that captures your attention right from the start and does not let it go until you have finished the book. I don't think there is anything this man can write that I will not love.

Adele is so fantastic. I just love her. She is such a strong, kick-ass heroine... yeah those are so the best kind. She won't sit back and let everyone else take care of it. No matter how much danger she puts herself in she will do it to make sure things end up the way they should and I just love that about her. So many other YA heroines just let other characters take the dangerous jobs and just sit back and wait to see what happens. Adele is not that person. She takes the bull by the horns and does what she needs to do. Regardless of whether it might be the last thing she ever does or now. Some of her decisions are questionable but she is awesome and I love her.

Tristain is just so sweet. I really love him and always had a soft spot for him. Things were no different in this installment. He is awesome and I love how protective over Adele he is. He doesn't care if he gets hurt as long as Adele is okay. Yeah they make a pretty awesome couple and I just love reading about their story and I could just read this series over and over again and still be completely enamored by it. It is just that good.

One thing David is the best at is pulling at the heartstrings. Be prepared for some tears to be shed. I am fast learning that this should just be expected in all David Estes books. He is such a fantastic author and The Sun Dwellers is one of his best. I absolutely loved every moment of this book and the ending was just fantastic. The Sun Dwellers was incredible as wrapping up the story of The Dwellers Saga while still setting the scene for the upcoming 'Sister series' The Country Saga, which I cannot wait to get started on... yeah I'm lucky enough to already have it waiting for me on my kindle. Sooo excited for that.

The Dwellers saga is such a fantastic YA Dystopia series which is not to be missed out on. It's got heart-pounding action and adventure mixed with the perfect dose of breathtaking romance. This is without a doubt one of my favourite dystopia series of all time and is one I can re-read over and over again.
A must- read.

"I'm not perfect, nor do I pretend to be. I've killed. I've said and done things I'm not proud of. But I'm better than there people. If these robots refuse to see the trust, we'll show it to them - the hard way if we have to."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment