Monday, December 31

Top 10 Breakthrough Authors of 2012

So I know what you're thinking Top 10 of 2012 is over and yes it is. BUT every year on New Years Eve I always do a Top 10 Breakthrough Authors of 2012 and these are authors that were new to me this year (not only debut authors) who genuinelly blew me away not only by their books, though that is a BIG part of it, but also by being just awesome in the way they interact with fans and everything.

My Breakthrough Author last year was none other than the epically talented Jennifer L Armentrout... can you guess who got the spot this year?

Please Note: The series/book I am adding under the authors name is the one that I read which made them appear on this Top 10 list.

10. Nicole Williams

Author of The Crash Series.

This year I accidentally stumbled across a book called Crash. Okay... actually I saw it on my good friend Momo's blog, Books Over Boys, and I immediately wanted to read it. Crash was just... WOW! I could not believe how amazing that book was I was just completely enraptured and blown away right from the very first page. Nicole Williams is an extraordinary author and I definitely going to be reading the rest of her books. I just freaking love her and I am so happy that the Crash Series has been picked up by HarperCollins Publishing and the paperbacks for the first two are now available. I loved Crash and have yet to read Clash but will definitely be buying the paperbacks. I just adore Nicole's writing style and any contemporary fans just have got to read her Crash series. It is epically good.

9. M. Leighton

Author of The Bad Boys Series.

 Down To You by Michelle Leighton is a book I had heard so much about and after talking with my girl Tara from Tater's Tall Tales I picked this up on my kindle. Oh. My. Freaking. God! I seriously cannot praise this book enough. I was completely blown away by it. It's just so epically good. It totally took my breath away. It has to be one of the best Contemporary books I have ever read in my life and I already just want to re-read it and I am counting down till the release of book 2, Up To You. I just need it in my hands right now. M. Leighton is a phenomenal author who is new to me and I just can't wait to go back and read all of her other books. I have been turned into such a massive fan and she is just so incredibly awesome at how she interacts with her fans on twitter too. As soon as she knew I was reading her book she instantly wanted updates on my thoughts and even sent me an excited tweet saying "You're reading. You're reading." When I started. I just love when authors interact with their fans like that so she instantly earned a spot on my Top 10 Breakthrough Authors just for being incredibly awesome!

8. Heather Self

Author of The Portal Trilogy.

I've been friends with Heather Self for the majority of the year and it wasn't until I saw a feature on Stuck In Books on Heather's book that I knew she was an author. I know right, being friends and not even knowing... you don't have to say it... I suck! Anyway as soon as I found out she was an author I instantly went and picked up The One and was freaking blown away. It's epic! And it's about dragons. Having only read one dragon book previously I was instantly hooked just because it was about dragons but the more I read the more I fell in love with Heather's writing style. There were twists and turns I never could have imagined being in there and I was just sat on the edge of my seat dying to know what was going to happen. I just adored everything about The One. Heather is one of my closest bookish friends and she is just so awesome and I absolutely love her to bits so she just had to be on my Breakthrough Authors list. I was so very lucky to beta read the novella for The Portal Trilogy and it was just incredible and I just hope Heather sees this and knows how much I appreciate her letting me beta for her when she is fast becoming one of my favourite authors ever.

7. Tara Fuller

Author of Kissed by Death Series.

I was very lucky to receive this incredibly awesome book for review from Entangled Publishing called Inbetween. I had never heard of Tara before then but instantly found her on twitter to gush about how much I loved the book. Being one of the first books about Reapers that I had read I just instantly fell in love with the story and the characters and Tara's writing. She is an incredibly talented author and she is so very awesome to talk to as well. I will most definitely be going and reading her other book, Perigee Moon while I am waiting very impatiently for the next Kissed by Death series. I just need it in my hands sooooo bad. I can't wait to read more of Tara's phenomenal stories and she will always be one of those authors that I will read everything they write no matter what it is about.
6. Melissa West

Author of The Taking Series.

All I can say about Melissa is that she is just pure awesomesauce. I heard about Gravity quite a while before the release of it and I was very lucky to get an ARC from Entangled Publishing. Well let me tell you Melissa is one crazy talented author. Having only read and loved one series about Aliens (JLA's Lux Series) I really wanted to try Gravity and it blew me away. It's one of the best series I have ever read... and I've only read one book! I just couldn't believe how much I was sucked into this book and how much I freaking loved it. I love everything about it and I am literally dying to get my hands on book 2, Hover. Melissa is so talented and I know I would just love anything that she writes. I love the chats I have with Melissa on twitter and she is fast becoming one of my all time favourite authors. She is crazy awesome and if you haven't yet picked up Gravity I urge you to do so... right now!

5. Julie Kagawa

I know, I know. Julie's books have been out for aaaagggeeesss but I only read them this year. Having heard so many friends gush about them and then having the awesome Donna from Book Passion for Life buy me the Iron Fey series I finally decided to read them... and what the heck did I wait so long for? Julie's writing is incredible and her world building is of epic proportions. I was totally captured by The Iron Fey series and I just read the whole series one after the other. I couldn't put it down. After completing The Iron Fey series I read The Immortal Rules as soon as it came out and although it is so incredibly different from The Iron Fey I was just blown away by how amazingly talented Julie is. I just love her writing so much and by the end of 2012 I have read 8 of Julie's books (The Iron Fey, including 2 novella's, The Immortal Rules and The Lost Prince) I am totally in love with Julie's writing and am such a massive fan of her writing (even if I did have to fight Ash in the YA Crush Tourney). Julie is a massively talented author and I will be reading all of her upcoming books as soon as they come out.

4. Kelly Hashway

Author of Touch of Death Series.

This year I was lucky enough to become a review for the best publisher ever, Spencer Hill Press, and one of the books they sent me was Touch of Death by Kelly Hashway. Having seen and fell in love with the cover I couldn't wait to read it and ended up reading it in one sitting. I couldn't put it down it was just so epically amazing. Two things I love in books are mythology and zombies... and this book had BOTH. This is the first book I have read to mix both and Kelly did it amazingly. She is such a crazy talented author and I am lucky enough to have been able to talk to her and she even sent me a signed ARC even though I already had an arc from SHP. How awesome is that? It totally made me cry. She is one of the nicest people I think I've ever met and I just love her. I cannot wait to read the rest of her books and Stalked By Death could not come quicker. Touch of Death is due out January so you MUST go get it as soon as it's released. You won't be disappointed.
3. Katie McGarry

Author of Pushing the Limits.

AHH! I love Pushing the Limits so freaking much. Katie McGarry is one epically talented author and her writing style is just crazy addictive. I have already read Pushing the Limits twice this year and I already want to read it again. I love love love it. Katie's writing style just totally grabbed me right from the very start and I couldn't put the book down... both times I read it in one sitting. Katie has Dare You To, Beth's story, coming out in 2013 and I could not be more excited. I loved every character in Pushing the Limits, including Beth so to have any new book from Katie is epically exciting for me. To have one about a character I already love... well I could just bounce off the walls in excitement. I love Katie she is crazy awesome and I love that when I tweet her she replies. I totally go all fan-girl and start squealing. She is crazy awesome and epically talented and I would read any book she wrote...  ever no matter what!

2. Rachel Harris

Author of My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century

Rachel Harris is just amazing. I absolutely adore her and she in so freaking talented. When I heard about My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century I thought it sounded interesting and I really wanted to read it... but I didn't think I would love it. Nothing to do with Rachel just because the book is partly set in the Sixteenth Century Renaissance period. I am just not a historical fan at all. It bores me and I quite frankly hate historical books and that is kind of what I thought this book would be like... I FREAKING LOVED IT! Rachel did the impossible and made me like a book where the majority of it was set in a historical period. I never thought that was possible but she did it! She is so awesome. Her writing is perfect and I just adore her. She is crazy awesome. She has A Tale of Two Centuries, book 2, coming out in 2013 and I am absolutely dying for it. If you've been putting off this book because of it's historical influence seriously just read it because it's epically good and is the historical book for people who don't like historical books. Rachel is to amazingly talented she can make the impossible, possible.

Here we are NUMBER 1.... Have you guessed it yet?

1. Wendy Higgins

Author of Sweet Evil

Did you guess it? I bet you did. I have done nothing but gush about Kaidan... err I mean Sweet Evil for most of the year. I freaking LOVE that book. I picked it up shortly after YA Sisterhood's YA Crush Tourney my amazing friend Tara advocated for Kaidan and after hearing her gush so much I just had to pick it up... I read it in one sitting. It's fair to say that I did not sleep that night as I just could not put it down... at all. Wendy's writing is just epic. Everyone knows Jennifer L Armentrout is my favourite author ever and I had never read anything else that even came close to my love for her books... until I read Sweet Evil. I was just blown away and completely enraptured by it. It's just phenomenal. The Story, the characters, the writing... everything. I can not praise Wendy enough and she is so crazy awesome in how she interacts with her fans so amazingly on twitter, facebook and her blog. Not to mention she writes crazy awesome Kaidan scenes. She knows how much we all love Kai. I love Wendy so much and she is so talented I would just read everything and anything that she writes. She is definitely an author to watch out for in the future and I can totally see her becoming the next JLA (You know coz to me JLA is like the best author EVER). She has two books coming out in 2013, I believe and I cannot wait to get my hands on both of them.  Wendy's YA Contemporary e-book Flirting With Maybe will be out March 5th (EEP) and Sweet Peril (OMG SOOOOO EXCITED!) will be out April 30th. I could not be more excited about both of them and I am counting down the days till I can read more of Wendy's epic work. 

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Nice list. I haven't read Julie Kagawa yet, but I have one her books!


    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rainy. I really enjoyed Julies books they are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayleigh, I'm so honored and flattered to have made this list! Thank you so much. <3 you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all verklempt! For real. I have mad love for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Sweet Evil but haven't read it. Maybe I should put it on top of my TBR?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, it makes me sosososo excited that Nicole and the Crash series is on your list! I absolutely adore those books to pieces so it makes me really happy that you enjoyed them too!(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great reading the contents of all,terimaksih banyak untuk informasinya
    cara menyembuhkan turun berok
    cara meneymbuhkan peradangan di hati

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is important for our very knowledge ,thanks to share his article.
    cara mengobati pengapuran sendi lutut

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment